BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Hivemind

unreality

Question

Hivemind

"and ye shall know the collective power of the Group..."

Hivemind is a game I invented that deals with themes of deception, sociology, psychology, statistics and trust. I'm starting this game elsewhere as well, (feel free to join both) and am going to see how the different games pan out.

The game works in the following stages:

1) Signup: for the first game I want 10 players, that seems like a good number.

2) Selection: each player, WITHOUT ANY DELIBERATION WHATSOEVER WITH ANY POTENTIAL PLAYERS, will PM the host (me) with their "team choice". There are two teams, A and B. Each player can choose to go on either team, and the decision is not shared or discussed with anyone during this stage.

3) Gameplay: As soon as everyone has PMed me their team choice, I announce in this topic that the game has begun! From that point on, the goal of the game is for each team to discover itself and the enemy. Players can PM other players (please CC all PMs to the host [me] so I have a grasp on what's going on, even though you don't strictly have to) with the intent of discovering their team... but how truthful is the PMer? And how truthful is the responder? Like I said, it's a game of deception and trust.

Players can also post as much as they want on this public thread, but of course everyone can see it.

A team wins when one of its players PMs me with a complete list of who is on A and who is on B. If the list is incorrect in any way, the player "dies" (is kicked out of the game and can no longer send or receive game-related PMs or help out his team or hurt the other team) and everyone learns what team he was on.

If the player is correct, then his team wins, and the other team loses :)

~~~

Signups:

~~~

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

I'm shooting for 6-10 players depending on how signups go

• Answers 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Also there can be some ambiguity about whether a roster is meant for me as an official guess or as a speculation with another player. For example I just got a PM from magic_luver with a roster but I asked her if it was official before assuming it was.

From now on, for an official guess, I'd like you to (a) bold the post and put it in [blue] color tags and (b) announce that it's official

Also, when I "kill" the person (if their guess was wrong), in addition to revealing their team, I will also post their incorrect roster guess

magic_luver just PMed with the following official guess:

Team A

Izzy

Social Darwin

Gmaster479

MagicLuver

Team B

Kat

underground_dan

crazypainter

randro

she must've had a deathwish, because not only is it wrong (even accounting for the team mixup) but she herself is on team B, I don't know why she put herself as team A :lol:

Anyway, thanks for playing magic_luver :D Roster:

* HIVEMIND *

1) GMaster479

2) Kat

3) Magic_luver

4) underground_dan

5) crazypainter

6) randro

7) Izzy

8) Social Darwin

9)

10)

edit - also keep in mind that the teams aren't necessarily 4-4

OH and magic_luver can no longer be involved in PMs that are related to Hivemind :) Again, thanks for playing, m_l

Edited by unreality

magic_luver just PMed with the following official guess:

Team A

Izzy

Social Darwin

Gmaster479

MagicLuver

Team B

Kat

underground_dan

crazypainter

randro

she must've had a deathwish, because not only is it wrong (even accounting for the team mixup) but she herself is on team B, I don't know why she put herself as team A :lol:

Anyway, thanks for playing magic_luver :D Roster:

* HIVEMIND *

1) GMaster479

2) Kat

3) Magic_luver

4) underground_dan

5) crazypainter

6) randro

7) Izzy

8) Social Darwin

9)

10)

edit - also keep in mind that the teams aren't necessarily 4-4

OH and magic_luver can no longer be involved in PMs that are related to Hivemind :) Again, thanks for playing, m_l

bringing this post over to this page. For the purposes of the rest of the game we'll assume that Magicluver is still team B (you cannot change teams, I didn't see her PM to tell her, but it doesn't matter since other stuff on her roster was wrong) and you don't need to include Randro in future guesses until he actually decides on a team ;D

OMG i just busted out laughing at the last few posts. Not at Magic, but the reaction of some of you guys... too funny.

I tell no lies. Come inside and complete the circle. My inbox awaits.

Oh cool!! thanks Kat! NOw I get it wink wink nod nod know what I mean?

I suppose we are resurrected... I was worried you would all think I was inactive till I realized we were all locked out.

Social..I will have one of each pls. But be careful, the 4th is tommarow and things are gonna get a bit sloppy!

1) GMaster479 [A]

2) Kat [A]

3) Magic_luver

4) underground_dan [A]

5) crazypainter

6) randro [A]

7) Izzy [A]

8) Social Darwin [A]

My official guess (I'm either brilliant or impatient)

the answer is.. ??? I am impatient but I have not put my answer in yet.

But I am + u r brilling

Whoa, guessing already? o.O If you're wrong *no offence but most likely this early* then two are already gone O.O I've only talked to like three people...better get on that ;D Reminder that if you PM me you'll get a cryptic, but honest answer :3

<(^-^)>

Edit: Well as long as you'll return the favour ;D

Edited by Kathleen

BTW.. I just quoted someone else's guess.. that was NOT mine!

this is a new board and I am still trying to figure it all out.

Unreality, if you count my quote from the other player as my

guess..I am fine with it. But you will have lost another player

for your game that actually participating.