BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here's a fact for the books:

Coke used to have actual coke in it... the maker of Coke-a-Cola originally wanted to make a headache remedy so he added coke, which is a painkiller. He later had to remove the coke from the recipe because it became an illegal drug i guess.

I am assuming that by "coke" you mean cocaine, and not the coal byproduct? That would make the story a bit more interesting, now wouldn't it? :o

I have a few ^_^

A human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it is been decapitated.

About 10,000,000 people have the same birthday as you.

Around 2,000 left-handed people die annually due to improper use of equipment designed only for right handed people.

When men have food cravings, they tend to crave fat and salt. When women crave food, they tend to prefer chocolate.

The ashes of the average cremated person weigh nine pounds.

here are some:

• If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar
  • The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache.
  • The fist product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum.
  • Mexico and Iceland have the highest per capita consumption of Coca-Cola

and that's all i got for now.

Did you know that there are 206 bones in the adult human body and there are 300 in children (as they grow some of the bones fuse together).

Flea's can jump 130 times higher than their own height. In human terms this is equal to a 6ft. person jumping 780 ft. into the air.

The most dangerous animal in the world is the common housefly. Because of their habits of visiting animal waste, they transmit more diseases than any other animal.

Snakes are true carnivorous because they eat nothing but other animals. They do not eat any type of plant material.

The world's largest amphibian is the giant salamander. It can grow up to 5 ft. in length.

100 years ago: The first virus was found in both plants and animals.

90 years ago: The Grand Canyon became a national monument & Cellophane is invented.

80 years ago: The food mixer and the domestic refrigerator were invented.

70 years ago: The teletype and PVC (polyvinyl-chloride) were invented.

60 years ago: Otto Hahn discovered nuclear fission by splitting uranium, Teflon was invented.

50 years ago: Velcro was invented.

40 years ago: An all-female population of lizards was discovered in Armenia.

30 years ago: The computer mouse was invented.

20 years ago: First test-tube baby born in England, Pluto’s moon, Charon, discovered.

10 years ago: First patent for a genetically-engineered mouse was issued to Harvard Medical School.

The longest cells in the human body are the motor neurons. They can be up to 4.5 feet (1.37 meters) long and run from the lower spinal cord to the big toe.

There are no poisonous snakes in Maine.

The blue whale can produce sounds up to 188 decibels. This is the loudest sound produced by a living animal and has been detected as far away as 530 miles.

The largest man-made lake in the U.S. is Lake Mead, created by Hoover Dam.

The poison arrow frogs of South and Central America are the most poisonous animals in the world.

The human eye blinks an average of 4,200,000 times a year. :o

It takes approximately 12 hours for food to entirely digest. :huh:

40 to 50 percent of body heat can be lost through the head (no hat) as a result of its extensive circulatory network.

The longest living cells in the body are brain cells which can live an entire lifetime. :rolleyes:

The heaviest human brain ever recorded weighed 5 lb. 1.1 oz. (2.3 kg.). :blink:

If you could throw a snowball fast enough, it would totally vaporize when it hit a brick wall. :lol:

I'll have more later ;)

The poison arrow frogs of South and Central America are the most poisonous animals in the world.

Actually the most poisonous animal is the Daddy-long legs. Luckily for us, it has no means of injecting its deadly produce and is hence actually harmless ;)

Actually the most poisonous animal is the Daddy-long legs. Luckily for us, it has no means of injecting its deadly produce and is hence actually harmless ;)

i think that is just a plain lie. someone's hypothesis that was assumed true when nobody really knows anything about it.

and you don't loose 50% of ur heat through ur head, that's total bs. if that was true then i would be f***ing freezing or really really hot when i put on or took a hat off. it's more like 10%. also, apparently u can loose heat through your feet, too. i don't know if that's true or not though.

a sad fact :( : more soldiers die in iraq from suicide than from the actual conflict (or so i'm told).

Hey thats what heard and thats what I know....So I posted the info, now I dont know about what your saying I never heard about that being the MOST deadly or the most poisonous. :huh:

a sad fact <ahttp://brainden.com/forum/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png' alt=':('> : more soldiers die in iraq from suicide than from the actual conflict (or so i'm told).

Facts by hearsay... interesting concept. I prefer my facts to be verifiable, not speculation and rumor.

Here's the link to the whole daddy long legs poison myth. Fascinating facts there though, if you're interested.

40 to 50 percent of body heat can be lost through the head (no hat) as a result of its extensive circulatory network.

This is one of those "facts" that has been taken out of its original context. It is true that roughly half of the body heat you lose will be transferred from your head, if you are otherwise dressed for a polar expedition. It is also true that you have a higher concentration of blood vessels close to the surface in your head than anywhere else on your body, which helps keep your brain cool. However, the majority of the heat you lose from your head is in all that warm air you exhale.

An interesting fact about body heat: horses have air-filled pouches surrounding their carotid arteries. This helps cool the blood pumped to the brain during physical exertion, preventing brain damage from overheat.

Facts by hearsay... interesting concept. I prefer my facts to be verifiable, not speculation and rumor.

Here's the link to the whole daddy long legs poison myth. Fascinating facts there though, if you're interested.

BUT THEIR FANGS ARE TOO SHORT TO BITE HUMANS...So whats the point Im talking about towards humans :blink:

This is one of those "facts" that has been taken out of its original context. It is true that roughly half of the body heat you lose will be transferred from your head, if you are otherwise dressed for a polar expedition. It is also true that you have a higher concentration of blood vessels close to the surface in your head than anywhere else on your body, which helps keep your brain cool. However, the majority of the heat you lose from your head is in all that warm air you exhale.

An interesting fact about body heat: horses have air-filled pouches surrounding their carotid arteries. This helps cool the blood pumped to the brain during physical exertion, preventing brain damage from overheat.

Good to know just posted it I didnt say it absolutely true :duh:

Antarctica is the only continent without reptiles or snakes.

An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it.

In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees.

The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.

The youngest pope was 11 years old.

Proportional to their weight, men are stronger than horses.

Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving dinner.

They have square watermelons in Japan - they stack better.

Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.

Heinz Catsup leaving the bottle travels at 25 miles per year.

It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.

Armadillos can be housebroken.

The first Fords had engines made by Dodge. :o

A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.

Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone.

A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.

A quarter has 119 grooves on its edge, a dime has one less groove.

A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.

Until 1796, there was a state in the United States called Franklin. Today it is known as Tennessee.

The flashing warning light on the cylindrical Capitol Records tower spells out HOLLYWOOD in Morse code.

Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.

The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year.

One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television.

The average American will eat about 11.9 pounds of cereal per year.

Over 1,000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.

The State of Florida is bigger than England. :o^_^:lol: (since Im from FL ;) )

Ants stretch when they wake up in the morning.

It's against the law to have a pet dog in Iceland.

Thomas Edison, light bulb inventor, was afraid of the dark.

During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food. That's the weight of about 6 elephants.

Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they can't find any food.

Dolphins sleep with one eye open.

The world's oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old.

In space, astronauts cannot cry, because there is no gravity, so the tears can't flow.

About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30.

More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.

A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.

Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, every time you breathe.

In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons.

Slugs have 4 noses.

Recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to watch TV for 3 hours.

Lightning strikes about 6,000 times per minute on this planet.

Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue.

The average American drinks about 600 sodas a year.

It's against the law to slam your car door in Switzerland.

There wasn't a single pony in the Pony Express, just horses.

Honeybees have hair on their eyes.

A jellyfish is 95 percent water.

In Bangladesh, kids as young as 15 can be jailed for cheating on their finals.

A company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so you can eat your plate.

The penguin is the only bird who can swim, but not fly.

The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United States.

America once issued a 5-cent bill.

You'll eat about 35,000 cookies in your lifetime.

Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep him cool. He changed it every 2 innings.

Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in 1918, by Charles Jung.

A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.

Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

The pitches that Babe Ruth hit for his last-ever homerun and that Joe DiMaggio hit for his first-ever homerun where thrown by the same man.

Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.

The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head.

In Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs.

There are over 52.6 million dogs in the U.S.

Dogs and cats consume almost $7 billion worth of pet food a year.

Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms every day.

The Pentagon has twice as many restrooms as necessary. When it was built, segregation was still in place in Virginia, so separate restrooms for blacks and whites were required by law.

In England, in the 1880's, "Pants" was considered a dirty word.

Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

In 2003, there were 86 days of below-freezing weather in Hell, Michigan.

Addendum.

Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving dinner.

Charlie Brown ate popcorn at the Thanksgiving dinner he put on for his friends. And toast.

Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, every time you breathe.

The above fact probably made you take a deep, conscious breath. If not, this comment probably did.

Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.

And the old ones leave their indicator lights on...

In 2003, there were 86 days of below-freezing weather in Hell, Michigan.

Hell actually froze over in 2004.(The dam over the spillway froze up) Hell is 294 miles South of Paradise, MI, and just a short drive East from Climax, MI. A little South of Climax, you'll find Colon, MI. Somewhere in the middle of all of this, you'll find me. Coincidence?

well it's quite a drive actually but I'm semi-near lol... been there a few times. It's actually a pretty cool place

Anyway those facts are awesome, Diamond Princess :D Where did you find them?

I found some from me, a email some friend forwarded to me and some on the web...thanks :D

In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons. .... a lot of stuff to kill a president with..... :unsure:

Porcupines float in water

Crickets can hear through their knees

Cat pee glows in the dark

There are 15 sheep in New Zealand for every person

For many years, the globe on the NBC Nightly News spun in the wrong direction. On January 2, 1984, NBC finally set the world spinning back in the proper direction.

A B-25 bomber airplane crashed into the 79th floor of the Empire State Building on July 28, 1945.

Since 1978, at least 37 people have died as a result of shaking vending machines, in an attempt to get free merchandise. More than 100 have been injured.

In the United States, deaf people have safer driving records than hearing people nationally.

Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, are the only 2 signers of the Declaration Of Independence to be elected President.

They both died on July 4, 1826, on the 50th anniversary of the signing.

The force of energy from the 2004 Sumatra earthquake had enough energy to supply the entire U.S. for 370 years.

It also caused the Earth to wobble on its axis by up to an inch, and vibrated the entire planet up to 1 cm.

And caused the Earth to lose 2.68 microseconds per day.

A Cheetah is the fastest land animal reaching speeds of up to 75mph, but it would lose in a 1mi. race against a horse.

The Peregrine Falcon is the fastest creature on earth, with diving speeds of 200mph.

In case you wanted to know; neon lights are tubes of glass filled with gasses with an electrical current passing through them. The different types of gas gives different colors.

The Hawaiian Islands are the most isolated land masses on Earth.

Antarctica is the coldest, driest, and windiest continent. 98% of the continent is covered in ice, which is on average 1mi. deep.

About 90% of the worlds ice is on Antarctica, therefore it also contains about 70% of the worlds freshwater.

Antarctica recieves about 8in. of precipitation a year, making it a very dry desert.

The coldest recorded temperature on Earth was -128F.

The human brain can only calculate two digits at a time. example: add 9+9+9

The state of Kentucky is divided into two separate pieces. The only way to get to one from the other is to travel through another state.

The value of pi calculated to 62 decimal places is accurate enough to describe a circle the radius of the entire observable universe to the accuracy of the smallest measurable distance, the Planck length (which is 20 times smaller than the diameter of a proton). Yet pi has been calculated to 1,241,100,000,000 places.

Cockroaches can live for 9 days after their head has been cut off.

The world's largest amphibian is the giant salamander. It can grow up to 5 ft. in length.

The first coast-to-coast telephone line was established in 1914.

A car traveling 100 mph would take more than 29 million years to reach the nearest star.

In Cleveland, Ohio it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.

No word in the the English dictionary rhymes with "MONTH".

The human brain is 80% water.

Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum.

The parachute was invented by DiVinci in 1515.

Your right lung takes in more air than your left one does.

There are 86,400 seconds in day.

A goldfish has a memory span of about 3 seconds.

Singapore has only one train station.

The earth is approx. 6,588,000,000,000,000,000 tons.

Ok those are not facts...Im guessing your joking???? :huh:

The thing about Charlie Brown is true, from the Thanksgiving Special. All the stuff about Michigan is true as well.

The other stuff was only jokes if it made you laugh.