BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

10 Ways To Creep Out Your Roommate

10) Collect potatoes. Paint faces on them and give them names. Name one after your roommate. Separate your roommate's potato from the others. Wait a few days, and then bake your roommate's potato and eat it. Explain to your roommate, ''He just didn't belong.''

9) Move everything to one side of the room. Ask your roommate if he knows how much an elephant weighs, and look at the floor on the empty side of the room with concern.

8) Draw a tiny black line on your nose. Make it bigger every day. Look at it and say, ''The hair, it's growing. Growing!''

7) Buy some knives. Sharpen them every night. While you're doing so, look at your roommate and mutter, ''Soon, soon....''

6) Collect hundreds of pens and pile them on one side of the room. Keep one pencil on the other side of the room. Laugh at the pencil.

5) Tell your roommate, ''I've got an important message for you.'' Then pretend to faint. When you recover, say you can't remember what the message was. Later on, say, ''Oh, yeah, I remember!'' Pretend to faint again. Keep this up for several weeks.

4) While your roommate is out, glue your shoes to the ceiling. When your roommate walks in, sit on the floor, hold your head, and moan.

3) Make a sandwich. Don't eat it, leave it on the floor. Ignore the sandwich. Wait until your roommate gets rid of it, and then say, ''Hey, where the heck is my sandwich!?'' Complain loudly that you are hungry.

2) Every time your roommate walks in yell, ''Hooray! You're back!'' as loud as you can and dance around the room for five minutes. Afterwards, keep looking at your watch and saying, ''Shouldn't you be going somewhere?''

1) Talk back to your Rice Krispies. All of a sudden, act offended, throw the bowl on the floor and kick it. Refuse to clean it up, explaining, ''No, I want to watch them suffer.'''

I don't have a roommate, which is sad cause I want to try out a couple of these. I like 10, 2 and 1. :lol:

One of my dorm room mates did summer quarter & sub-let an apartment before moving into the dorm for fall quarter. I wasn't there when she moved in, but she apparently had some leftover food that moved into the dorm with her. Most of the food was consumed in a few days or thrown out, but a half-bag of potatoes got shoved on the shelf of her closet and then other things got thrown up there. The potatoes were hidden and forgotten.

A month later, the room started to get an odd smell. We both claimed it wasn't us. Laundry was done, some cleaning occurred, still the weird smell. Several more weeks went by. It was 9 or 10 at night & we were both studying, door & window open, heater on. (It was cold out, but keeping the room closed concentrated the odor, which was not pleasant. It smelled like something died in the walls.) My room mate suddenly whispered, "Potatoes," and lunged across the room to start throwing things out of her closet. We found the rotting potatoes, which when uncovered were so rank we both almost got sick. It was disposed of in the utility room down the hall & my room mate spent the rest of the evening bleaching her closet shelf and its contents. (The entire hallway stank the next day until the trash was disposed of, and the utility room was difficult to breathe in.)

Not something I necessarily recommend to creep out your room mate, but it worked on me! :P:dry:

A couple other things you can do, which I know have worked on friends of mine:

1. Come back from the 1st day of class, start crying, scream, "I can't take it any more!" and start packing. Later that day, unpack while your room mate isn't in, and act like nothing happened.

2. When it's hot out, wear sweaters, pants, & ear muffs & complain about how cold it is. When it's cold out, wear shorts, tank top, & flip flops & complain about how hot it is.

how did you react when she said potatoes and then took action?

First was quite confused, then when she started digging into her closet asked what she was doing, & she explained that she thought there might be some old potatoes up there from when she moved in. It was her stuff, so I let her empty the closet shelf & find the potatoes. I did find the fan & turn it on, get the trash bags, & help with the disposal. It was gross. They were black, oozing, & very stinky.

Being able to explain the black, oozing, odorousness now doesn't make it any less disgusting. (They got covered, continued respiring, which releases water, which condensed back on them, triggering rooting, & allowing mold growth & decomposition.)

Say random things all the time, like "I'm not wearing any underwear," "My banana won't connect to the internet," "My pet rock ran away!" or anything else you want when your alone with him/her, but pretend not to know what he/she is talking about when his/her or your friend(s) is/are over.