BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello all,

I have returned to the den. I have internet at my flat now, so should be able to make regular occurrences here again. To get back into the mindset of the weird and wacky thinking, the way of the den, I am stating back with a game. It is hopefully new to you guys ( not sure what everyone has been up to, though I do notice some post counts have increased a lot). Enjoy.

The Scenario:

One year ago, Robert Killingsworth bought the farm. Six months later he was dead — leaving his widow Elizabeth to tend to their fledging vineyard and winery on the outskirts of California's wine country. With mounting debts and no idea how to run a business, Elizabeth is desperate to sell the farm and recoup her losses. The fierce drought and shaky economy, however have left Killlngsworth Farm on the market for far too long.

One early autumn day, six people passed through the gates of Killingsworth Farm to see Elizabeth...

One of them, a cold—blooded Killer:

Michael Nightshade — This real estate developer from New York arrived unannounced with plans to buy Killingsworth Farm and develop it into a low-cost housing community. His boss ordered him to obtain the Killlngsworth land at any cost...

Dr. Chelsea Barren — After suffering a nervous breakdown, this psychiatrist and near-best-selling author moved to Northern California to relax... but she moved next door to the Killingsworths instead.

Enrique Graves — This young drifter wandered onto Killingsworth Farm last year just as Robert and Elizabeth were moving in. Elizabeth took a liking to Enrique and he has lived on the farm ever since — tending to the fie|ds... among other things.

Vicki D’Adly - Elizabeth’s estranged sister from New Jersey, she and her husband were traveling on vacation when Vicki decided to drop by Killingsworth Farm for a visit... a surprise visit.

Norman D’Adly - A real estate broker from New Jersey and husband to Vicki, Norman is trying to salvage his job and his marriage while travelling across the country on vacation.

Kathryn Lawless — Best friend to Elizabeth, this local librarian and historian has a flare for the eccentric. She lives down the road with her 15 cats and loves true crime - especially the mysterious unsolved death of Robert Killingsworth.

Which of these people has a secret worth killing for? Come to Killingsworth Farm and find out before it is too late?

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren -

Enrique Graves -

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

Detectives ( maximum of 4 )

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

• Answers 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey you two,

停留在中国,任何人都可以直接使用谷歌翻译,弄清你说 >.<

<(^-^)>

Edit: Hehe, that didn't come out quite how I meant it XD

Lol...yeah, well...maybe I should start writing all my posts in Lie Over Sneeze 2 code...;P

I do have question for Dr. Chelsea too. I heard that you have written a novel about a man who was bludgeoned to death and dumped into a lake. The murder goes unsolved. I just feel that the plot line sounds vaguely familiar. It seems like Dr Chelsea suspecting someone is the killer?

Care to share with us?

Vicki

Interesting...so someone used her plot to commit the murder? If the murder were unsolved in the novel, only she knew how it was done, the trick the culprit used...hmm...

*runs over to everyone something in his hand* Everyone i found something when i was looking for Elizabeth... i think you might know this but i also saw Enrique observing something as i was bird watching! Oh... take this

Secret Clue

Newspaper article dated six months ago:

Man Whose Body Found in Lake Identified

Marcocain police have identified the man found floating in Friedmont Mill Lake last week as Robert Killingsworth, 41, a Vineyard and Winery owner from Marcocain.

Killingsworth’s body was identified through his fingerprints, said homicide Detective Michael Noall. He said Ki11ingswo1th‘s body was found April 21 at 1:30 p.m. by boaters.

An autopsy determined he died from blunt head trauma.

Killingsworth lived and worked at Killingswoith Farm Vineyard and Winery off Route 41 in Marcocain, where he was last seen two weeks ago. Detective Noall said Robert’s wife, Elizabeth Killingsworth, reported her husband’s disappearance to police after he failed to meet her in town for dinner.

An officer in the missing persons detail matched fingerprints on file with those of Killingsworth’s body, Noall said.

Anyone with information about Ki1lingsworth’s death is encouraged to contact the Marcocain Police Department. Elizabeth Killingsworth is offering a $10,000 reward for information.

I hope this information helps... iI found it in Elizabeth's room at a small shrine for her husband.

Okay...question to tal: are those suppose to be '1's in Killingworth's name?

Question to everyone else, obviously, where were you on the morning of April 21st? ;)

Question to everyone else, obviously, where were you on the morning of April 21st? ;)

Yes, I saw all the 1's as well, and there sure are plenty of them. Now what can that mean?

ooc: Uuh...I dunno what I did on April 21st :P I think it's amnesia, and the memory may come back Round 3 or 4 :lol:

im assuming that was the day of the murder?

"well i woke at 6am to do my usual chores around the farm and then at 9am i started cleaning the farmhouse which took me till noon to finish."

im assuming that was the day of the murder?

"well i woke at 6am to do my usual chores around the farm and then at 9am i started cleaning the farmhouse which took me till noon to finish."

OOC: Erm, no April 21st would be the date of Mr. Killingsworth's death...and Taliesin hasn't given us information on that...

<(^-^)>

Sorry, I made a typo.. Ill try and be more careful from now on.

Depending on how much information comes out today, round 3 will start in about 24 hours. If now it will go on longer, depending on how the conversations pan out.

Edited by taliesin

Hmm...well my speculation about the corkscrew that flustered Elizabeth...could it have been something that belonged to Robert and disappeared when he died... :huh:

Well, it is a possibility, but if Norman is the murderer, I doubt he will give Elizabeth evidence. Meaning, he's probably a by-stander? Or maybe Norman offered the corkscrew as a gift to Elizabeth to win her heart back?

Well, it is a possibility, but if Norman is the murderer, I doubt he will give Elizabeth evidence. Meaning, he's probably a by-stander? Or maybe Norman offered the corkscrew as a gift to Elizabeth to win her heart back?

It would be an odd gift to win a girl's heart...I wonder what it could mean...

<(^-^)>

What are you saying! I just got it for her hospitality. She been nice to Vicki and me during our vacation. I also got Vicki a silver Charm Bracelet. *takes it out* I find silver to be a more beautiful color before somebody asks. I think it would suit my wife more. *hands it to Vicki* Why would i want to win her heart back if i left her in the first place?

Edited by Riranor

What are you saying! I just got it for her hospitality. She been nice to Vicki and me during our vacation. I also got Vicki a silver Charm Bracelet. *takes it out* I find silver to be a more beautiful color before somebody asks. I think it would suit my wife more. *hands it to Vicki* Why would i want to win her heart back if i left her in the first place?

When I visited Elizabeth, she seems very flustered about the gift. Do you know what that could mean?

A couple more things, dearest Norman, that you might have missed:

"Ah, Norman, by the way, I was going to mention something...peculiar I saw concerning you. Well, I went to the town library to shelve books and wtaer the plants early this morning, and as I was leaving, I noticed you in the gift shop next door. I was going to say hello, but you seemed to be engaged in a conversation with the cashier. Of course, not wanting to disturb your conversation, I decided to leave, but before I left, I noticed the cashier place a few items into your bag. Now, the thing is, I'm positive that one of them was made of gold." (said a couple pages back)

When I visited Elizabeth, she seems very flustered about the gift. Do you know what that could mean?

"Ah, Norman, by the way, I was going to mention something...peculiar I saw concerning you. Well, I went to the town library to shelve books and wtaer the plants early this morning, and as I was leaving, I noticed you in the gift shop next door. I was going to say hello, but you seemed to be engaged in a conversation with the cashier. Of course, not wanting to disturb your conversation, I decided to leave, but before I left, I noticed the cashier place a few items into your bag. Now, the thing is, I'm positive that one of them was made of gold." (said a couple pages back)

ooc: Er ST this is all i got... The Corkscrew and the Charm Bracelet... :wacko: i seriously dont know if you mean that i have more stuff or something?

A bit late I guess. But anyway MG's taken good care of the investigating division. :P

Tal: Was there any will drawn by the deceased? Will it be revealed later?

Everything was left to his wife, Elizabeth

ooc: Er ST this is all i got... The Corkscrew and the Charm Bracelet... :wacko: i seriously dont know if you mean that i have more stuff or something?

ooc: beats me...that's just what I got in my PM from Talie :P Did you rob a bank recently? Or maybe dug a hole and found gold accidentally? Or maybe you have some sort of special ability that can turn stuff into gold, like in Heroes? Or maybe I'm going crazy? B))

Well this is all very peculiar...you seem to be buying a multitude of gifts, Norman, which suprises me after our...meeting this afternoon...

<(^-^)>

Was it a gold corkscrew? Do they even make gold corkscrews...lol...

Well this is all very peculiar...you seem to be buying a multitude of gifts, Norman, which suprises me after our...meeting this afternoon...

<(^-^)>

Hmmm...and what exactly was discussed at this meeting?

Had a thought...what if he found it somewhere like in his car or his house...meaning the one who put it there...was Vicky? *insert chin-stroking smiley* (Yes, I've been smiley-spoiled by Bb ;P)

Hmmm...and what exactly was discussed at this meeting?

Well sorry to embarass you like this Norman, but he was asking for a job, and seemed pretty desperate too...but we aren't hiring at the momment, so I declined.

<(^-^)>

Well sorry to embarass you like this Norman, but he was asking for a job, and seemed pretty desperate too...but we aren't hiring at the momment, so I declined.

<(^-^)>

Hmm...so, Norman, why in the need for a job? Are you looking for the money, or the real estater's benefits? :ninja: (gah, there should be one on BD :P )

edit: blueness :o

Edited by star_tiger

Hmm...so, Norman, why in the need for a job? Are you looking for the money, or the real estater's benefits? :ninja: (gah, there should be one on BD :P )

edit: blueness :o

Er... i don't see how i can avoid this... I am on a administrative leave... for reasons i will not say. But who gives you the right for looking into my personal business! I have reasons for what i do and i don't think you should try to figure out what those are! They are personal matters! Not silly little gossip you can spread about people for your own entertainment!