BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello all,

I have returned to the den. I have internet at my flat now, so should be able to make regular occurrences here again. To get back into the mindset of the weird and wacky thinking, the way of the den, I am stating back with a game. It is hopefully new to you guys ( not sure what everyone has been up to, though I do notice some post counts have increased a lot). Enjoy.

The Scenario:

One year ago, Robert Killingsworth bought the farm. Six months later he was dead — leaving his widow Elizabeth to tend to their fledging vineyard and winery on the outskirts of California's wine country. With mounting debts and no idea how to run a business, Elizabeth is desperate to sell the farm and recoup her losses. The fierce drought and shaky economy, however have left Killlngsworth Farm on the market for far too long.

One early autumn day, six people passed through the gates of Killingsworth Farm to see Elizabeth...

One of them, a cold—blooded Killer:

Michael Nightshade — This real estate developer from New York arrived unannounced with plans to buy Killingsworth Farm and develop it into a low-cost housing community. His boss ordered him to obtain the Killlngsworth land at any cost...

Dr. Chelsea Barren — After suffering a nervous breakdown, this psychiatrist and near-best-selling author moved to Northern California to relax... but she moved next door to the Killingsworths instead.

Enrique Graves — This young drifter wandered onto Killingsworth Farm last year just as Robert and Elizabeth were moving in. Elizabeth took a liking to Enrique and he has lived on the farm ever since — tending to the fie|ds... among other things.

Vicki D’Adly - Elizabeth’s estranged sister from New Jersey, she and her husband were traveling on vacation when Vicki decided to drop by Killingsworth Farm for a visit... a surprise visit.

Norman D’Adly - A real estate broker from New Jersey and husband to Vicki, Norman is trying to salvage his job and his marriage while travelling across the country on vacation.

Kathryn Lawless — Best friend to Elizabeth, this local librarian and historian has a flare for the eccentric. She lives down the road with her 15 cats and loves true crime - especially the mysterious unsolved death of Robert Killingsworth.

Which of these people has a secret worth killing for? Come to Killingsworth Farm and find out before it is too late?

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren -

Enrique Graves -

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

Detectives ( maximum of 4 )

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

• Answers 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

:lol: , I can't wait to be the suspect! I guess I should make another spreadsheet... :blink:

Oh...I haven't accused you yet? So sorry...hold on a sec...;P

"if i was eager to leave the 'crime scene' i would of left 6 months ago. No i wish to leave soon as this death has become rather complicated and what now with all the Real Estates agents shoving their big noses (no offence intended, just playing character) into everything i would like to go back to a quieter life, like it used to be here."

So what do you plan to do after leaving? Maybe take a trip around the world with the money you've embezzled from the farm business? I'm sure Robert was the one taking care of the books...and when he died, it became your responsiblity...

she's obsessed with spreadsheets

*glares rubber duckies at Impy* I am not obssessed with spreadsheets! *looks at 6 different tabs* Ok, slightly...but that's just because I can hardly keep all my accusations in my head :P

*glares rubber duckies at Impy* I am not obssessed with spreadsheets! *looks at 6 different tabs* Ok, slightly...but that's just because I can hardly keep all my accusations in my head :P

Okay...question: You've been friends with Elizabeth for a long time. What was your opinion about Robert? You say you're the largest gossip in town...hear any rumors about any of the people here?

Okay...question: You've been friends with Elizabeth for a long time. What was your opinion about Robert? You say you're the largest gossip in town...hear any rumors about any of the people here?

Well, I don't know many of these people very close (except, of course, Elizabeth's dear sister and her husband), but nothing of interest ever came up concerning these people. Although, I believe I saw the famous Dr. Chelsea Barren on a book cover. I believe it was the last book you wrote, Doctor? I heard it was almost a bestseller, but the book was surrounded by controversy. Also, if I recall properly, you may have been sued over it! I'm sorry, dearest, I'm sure that those people are just mean grubbies. I have yet to read the book, although I hope I will in the near future!

So what do you plan to do after leaving? Maybe take a trip around the world with the money you've embezzled from the farm business? I'm sure Robert was the one taking care of the books...and when he died, it became your responsiblity...

"I recieved little money from the farm business, i didnt want Elizabeth and Robert losing their hard earned cash just to pay a lowlife like me! I wasnt aware of Robert taking care of books.. As for what i am going to do? I was going to hopefully find somewhere cheap to stay and find a job so i can finally finish my college education."

:huh: just checked OP... where did the books come into this?

"I recieved little money from the farm business, i didnt want Elizabeth and Robert losing their hard earned cash just to pay a lowlife like me! I wasnt aware of Robert taking care of books.. As for what i am going to do? I was going to hopefully find somewhere cheap to stay and find a job so i can finally finish my college education."

Aah, speaking of you, Enrique...I was just going to mention that you seem to have a lot more disposable income after Robert’s death! You spend much more time on your car and friends nowadays and rarely come to my library now! What happened?

OOC: Don't you mean *glares murder ducks* ;) Sorry...felt the need to throw in an inside joke B))

<(^-^)>

Aah, speaking of you, Enrique...I was just going to mention that you seem to have a lot more disposable income after Robert’s death! You spend much more time on your car and friends nowadays and rarely come to my library now! What happened?

"I'm sorry Kathryn i had some issues with my friends.. <_< also i dont have many assignment at this current time... I also only have a little bit more money as i have stopped buying unnessary things and started to save it up, so that i have some money if i have to move"

Well, I don't know many of these people very close (except, of course, Elizabeth's dear sister and her husband), but nothing of interest ever came up concerning these people. Although, I believe I saw the famous Dr. Chelsea Barren on a book cover. I believe it was the last book you wrote, Doctor? I heard it was almost a bestseller, but the book was surrounded by controversy. Also, if I recall properly, you may have been sued over it! I'm sorry, dearest, I'm sure that those people are just mean grubbies. I have yet to read the book, although I hope I will in the near future!

Interesting...you didn't answer my question about your thoughts on Robert...

Dr. Barren, care to comment? What was this book about? Why the controversy? I guess being sued means you need a way to get quick cash...hmm...

'Taking care of the books' is a slang phrase meaning to keep track of financial affairs. I assume Robert was in charge of the finances of the farm/winery business. What is your major? What do plan to do after you graduate?

Hmmm...looks like my theory about embezzlement may hold some water after all...or should I say wine? ;P

"I'm sorry Kathryn i had some issues with my friends.. <_< also i dont have many assignment at this current time... I also only have a little bit more money as i have stopped buying unnessary things and started to save it up, so that i have some money if i have to move"

Oh? Care to elaborate? What problems exactly are you having with your friends?

Interesting...you didn't answer my question about your thoughts on Robert...

Oh, Robert! Well, he was a darling, and although he wasn't ideal, he made Elizabeth happy, and that was good enough for me. We were on good terms, and he would sometimes invite me over for tea or dinner (of course, I tried to return the favor as soon as I can, but since I knew so many people in town, it was rather hard!).

hehe, just saw this :P

可能…我也不知道 :o 但是我不认为我是 B))

Hey you two,

停留在中国,任何人都可以直接使用谷歌翻译,弄清你说 >.<

<(^-^)>

Edit: Hehe, that didn't come out quite how I meant it XD

Edited by Kathleen

I do have question for Dr. Chelsea too. I heard that you have written a novel about a man who was bludgeoned to death and dumped into a lake. The murder goes unsolved. I just feel that the plot line sounds vaguely familiar. It seems like Dr Chelsea suspecting someone is the killer?

Care to share with us?

Vicki

I do have question for Dr. Chelsea too. I heard that you have written a novel about a man who was bludgeoned to death and dumped into a lake. The murder goes unsolved. I just feel that the plot line sounds vaguely familiar. It seems like Dr Chelsea suspecting someone is the killer?

Care to share with us?

Vicki

Oh my, my! Was there a lake on the map? Also, does anyone know when the book was written? I belive Dr. Barren knows something!!! Was anyone here involved in suing Dr. Chelsea Barren?

*runs over to everyone something in his hand* Everyone i found something when i was looking for Elizabeth... i think you might know this but i also saw Enrique observing something as i was bird watching! Oh... take this

Secret Clue

Newspaper article dated six months ago:

Man Whose Body Found in Lake Identified

Marcocain police have identified the man found floating in Friedmont Mill Lake last week as Robert Killingsworth, 41, a Vineyard and Winery owner from Marcocain.

Killingsworth’s body was identified through his fingerprints, said homicide Detective Michael Noall. He said Ki11ingswo1th‘s body was found April 21 at 1:30 p.m. by boaters.

An autopsy determined he died from blunt head trauma.

Killingsworth lived and worked at Killingswoith Farm Vineyard and Winery off Route 41 in Marcocain, where he was last seen two weeks ago. Detective Noall said Robert’s wife, Elizabeth Killingsworth, reported her husband’s disappearance to police after he failed to meet her in town for dinner.

An officer in the missing persons detail matched fingerprints on file with those of Killingsworth’s body, Noall said.

Anyone with information about Ki1lingsworth’s death is encouraged to contact the Marcocain Police Department. Elizabeth Killingsworth is offering a $10,000 reward for information.

I hope this information helps... iI found it in Elizabeth's room at a small shrine for her husband.

*runs over to everyone something in his hand* Everyone i found something when i was looking for Elizabeth... i think you might know this but i also saw Enrique observing something as i was bird watching! Oh... take this

Secret Clue

Marcocain police have identified the man found floating in Friedmont Mill Lake last week as Robert Killingsworth, 41, a Vineyard and Winery owner from Marcocain.

Killingsworth's body was identified through his fingerprints, said homicide Detective Michael Noall. He said Ki11ingswo1th's body was found April 21 at 1:30 p.m. by boaters.

Killingsworth lived and worked at Killingswoith Farm Vineyard and Winery off Route 41 in Marcocain, where he was last seen two weeks ago. Detective Noall said Robert's wife, Elizabeth Killingsworth, reported her husband's disappearance to police after he failed to meet her in town for dinner.

An officer in the missing persons detail matched fingerprints on file with those of Killingsworth's body, Noall said.

Anyone with information about Ki1lingsworth's death is encouraged to contact the Marcocain Police Department. Elizabeth Killingsworth is offering a $10,000 reward for information.

I hope this information helps... iI found it in Elizabeth's room at a small shrine for her husband.

$10,000 reward? From what I understood, Elizabeth was short on money, which is the whole reason she's selling the Vineyard...:huh:

<(^-^)>

Secret Clue

Killingsworth’s body was identified through his fingerprints, said homicide Detective Michael Noall. He said Ki11ingswo1th‘s body was found April 21 at 1:30 p.m. by boaters.

Killingsworth lived and worked at Killingswoith Farm Vineyard and Winery off Route 41 in Marcocain, where he was last seen two weeks ago. Detective Noall said Robert’s wife, Elizabeth Killingsworth, reported her husband’s disappearance to police after he failed to meet her in town for dinner.

An officer in the missing persons detail matched fingerprints on file with those of Killingsworth’s body, Noall said.

Anyone with information about Ki1lingsworth’s death is encouraged to contact the Marcocain Police Department. Elizabeth Killingsworth is offering a $10,000 reward for information.

Norman you are great! So wonderful for you to find out this. By the way, where were you this morning? I didn't see you in the room when I wake up? What 't' h' did you go for the whole morning?

Aha! Dr. Chelsea Barren, speak up!

Ah, Norman, by the way, I was going to mention something...peculiar I saw concerning you. Well, I went to the town library to shelve books and wtaer the plants early this morning, and as I was leaving, I noticed you in the gift shop next door. I was going to say hello, but you seemed to be engaged in a conversation with the cashier. Of course, not wanting to disturb your conversation, I decided to leave, but before I left, I noticed the cashier place a few items into your bag. Now, the thing is, I'm positive that one of them was made of gold.

Oh, also, one more thing, Norman. As I said before, I am the biggest gossip in town and I have an eye for certain things. Now, at morning coffee with Elizabeth, she was showing me a corkscrew that you had given to her just half an hour earlier. The strange thing is, Elizabeth seemed very flustered by the gift. Now, being her best friend, I know that Elizabeth doesn't "fluster" a lot; in fact, it has been a while since I saw her like that. Care to explain?

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention; well, I'm really worried about the corkscrew gift situation. My gossip senses were literally jumping out of my head when I saw Elizabeth so flustered. Michael, you saw Elizabeth with the corkscrew when you came to visit her at Noon, correct? What did you think about that?

Michael, you saw Elizabeth with the corkscrew when you came to visit her at Noon, correct? What did you think about that?

...Yes, actually...you were there already weren't you? Well, anyway, when I came to visit the land around lunch, she came out of the house quickly, and obviously didn't realize she still had this "corkscrew" in her hand. (I actually never got a good look at what she was holding to be honest). She was showing me the the Rose Garden, when a bee stung her. She dropped the object and ran inside to wash out the sting, and I followed her, concerned. I completely forgot that she dropped the object, in fact I thought nothing of it. If I'm correct, it should still be there right now!

<(^-^)>

OOC: Apologies, I'm at a friend's sleepover. After this won't be able to post until Monday. :blush: Only came on because I was certian people were wondering where I was. Maybe tomorrow morning while everyone else is asleep (I'm first to wake up, always). Alright, bye!

'Taking care of the books' is a slang phrase meaning to keep track of financial affairs. I assume Robert was in charge of the finances of the farm/winery business. What is your major? What do plan to do after you graduate?

Oh? Care to elaborate? What problems exactly are you having with your friends?

oh woops :P

"My major? Why i was studying business management, for my dream is to one day open a tool shop... And after my graduation i was planning on finding a solid job to raise the money so i can open my shop. Oh and the issues with my friends are the usual... they are being jerks and getting themselves into trouble which they then rely on me to bail them out..."

"also if we are speaking of who we saw that day... around 9:30 in the morning while i was cleaning the farmhouse windows i heard Vicki D'Adly crying and talking to someone... Would you care to share Vicki?"