BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

X2: Rematch

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those "tweaks" were about me. I saved myself every night, as I figured I was the only 1 that was really nailing down hard on people (sorry again andro), and everyone seemed to be waiting for me before any conclusion was made. I now cant save myself :P

My thought? Too many goodie spies. Also, the ability to make one of them invincible. It was easy for me, as Prof. X, to just start dropping massive hints, and outright names for the goodies and there were enough saving roles out there to keep me alive forever.
The spy+saves made it dificult and two BA attacking roles + storm

We could not have asked for more luck - Wolverine needs a leash, down boy! :P - but he did find AP, luckily (pity it was not a save role those claws would have helped).. Thanks for pointing out cyclops though :). Well done Izzy for coming to life and killing finally(literally for you)

So well done the goodies - Andro have a chill pill - and nothing personal to ANYONE regarding my verbosity.

Please please join in the game with some dialog in future - the game is no fun if we vote and pm only. Playing involves posting - asking/accusing/etc

THANKS IMPERVIOUS - you were a cool headed host for a first rematch - :lol:

what a coincidence!

My first X-men game, save role, save beast at the night 1, and get killed.

My second X-men game, killing role, kill beast at the last night and get killed.

Lesson learn, never mix around with beast! :P

Now that it's over, I feel like I'm not intruding to say "wOw". That was an awesome game to follow. Missed the sign-up a while back but followed this game intently. Well played everyone! And thanks for making my work days fly by. I'm itching to get into the next mafia game with you guys, so anyone hosting (I've already PM'd a couple of you) please keep me in mind. And I couldn't think of a cooler genre than X-Men to play this game with. Except maybe that new DC Comics v. Mortal Kombat video game. *random*.

Anyway, until I'm hopefully backstabbing some of you and saving the others,

CHEERS.

~SD

Good game everyone! For my first my time playing I liked it and plan on playing more. ^_^

BUT..I do still have one question. Was I really killed by wolverine or was it mystique?

(Does it make sense now why if Izzy was good, why I was too? Ahh..sorry, it just bugged me that I couldn't actually say it. :D )

Edited by Zerep

Although I was lynched on the first day, great game, Impy! I'm looking forward to any other mafias you may be hosting in the future :D And in that one, I WILL NOT die the first night/day :)

Well played, goodies! :D

NICE JOB AT SAVING ME NIGHT CRAWLER.

Yay, goodie win. :D

Also, further yay, the list Eli and I made over the phone last night pretty much matched this. :D

(Nick, we started talking about the films and realized Riranor was Storm. And Kat was Stryker. Not the Hulk and Spidey. :P)

As Impervious pointed it out, I did but Toad (LIS) stopped me :(

One of Wolverine's rules was that he HAD TO choose someone to kill nights 1 and 2. He didn't have a choice to not act. ;)

The funny thing is that he didn't kill anyone on those nights... phew :)

Nice job mentoring your suns Twin Pop, except Twin Bro should have posted a bit more.

Great game Impervious, I'm glad I stayed till the end! :D

OK heads up:

Next time when somebody uses the following phrases (in mafia) he/she will be immediately killed:

1. I'm not bad I swear - KILL!

2. You'll be apologizing - KILL!

3. I'm disappointed at you (because others think that he/she is bad) - KILL!

I'll put this in my signature so everyone would know (I'm just hoping I'll have a killing role)! KILL!!!!!!!!! :lol:

he did do a pretty good job he looked over most of our posts before we posted. He helped us individualy about who to vote for and what action to take. As well as explaining how to make a spreadsheet.

YAY for spreadsheets!!! if it werent for one i would have been going much more crazy trying to write the night posts

I started reading everything one more time (the entire thread) and got upset again :(

You were saying that I was preventing discussion - I wasn't I just said that there's no point in voting for random people and I also said that we don't get a lot of info from the majority of people because they only vote and not say anything and also I posted a lot and you said... now I'm upset again... bawling3.gif

And also (I forgot what...) um... you didn't mind to all vote for me in KHM but it was a problem when I suggested the same thing here. That's what I didn't get.

I wasn't preventing anything, this was my first mafia where I played alone and was excited about it and punished for being excited about it... why was a punished for being excited??? :(

Woon hardly posted anything and nobody thought that he might be a baddie, but you thought that I was because I was too excited and anxious to play?! I don't get it... :(

I was already posting before the day one lynch and still you vote for me... nevermind... I don't get it and I don't wanna play mafia anymore, because I got upset yet again and I JUST DON'T GET IT!

So if I don't get it there's no point in playing is there?

And why are some people playing the game if they only vote and do nothing?

I'm not talking about newbies but those that played mafia a lot before?

And I still don't unders... who cares :( nobody cares...

Edited by andromeda

Ok, so, misconception: Defense: I did X, and a baddie wouldn't!

Yes, that is a defense in a manner of speaking. However, what a baddie would, and wouldn't do is disrupted by the fact that baddies know what they would and wouldn't do, so would clearly do what they wouldn't do, because no one thinks that's what they would do, so clearly that's what they would do, but they wouldn't do that, would they?

In short: Your behavior is a defense in some situations, but that's not what we're looking for here. You're not on a jury stand. There's no alibis, no motive etc., just your role, and the baddie roles. I've been over and over and OVER your posts, and you've not said anything about your roles, and the "bandwagon" behavior, in my opinion, is a baddie defense mechanism. There was a discussion on that... uh... here: http://incognito.atfreeforu.com/general-st...tality-t12.html if you'd like to read exactly how I feel about it. My username is Einkil. So, what I am looking for you is some manner of subtle and cryptic clue about who you are, because a goodie wouldn't mind sharing a bit about their ID, and a baddie would. The best a baddie can do is hope to pretend to be a goodie, and then another goodie can call them on it. In short, what we're doing by putting pressure on others is forcing them to out themselves in some manner. The trick is to pick up on who they're outing themselves as before the baddies do, etc.

In response to my defense, I've left you several hints about my role, and in fact at this point it's almost spelled out well enough for me to ask for a save. If we're still looking for more tomorrow, I'll have more to give you then. Until then, I hope you stay with us Andromeda. It's clear that you're not dying today, so good or bad, your actions will impact this game, and inherently make it more interesting.

So I wanna know how was I supposed to hint that I'm a goodie (Nightcrawler)! Give me one sentence

Day should be ended now. ST is going to be lynched so carrying on is just postponing the inevitable.

After my interrogations over andro today, I think that I will need a save too. Me and Nick have come to the conclusion that we both have quick similar styles, but I remain more hidden so I have decided that in this game I will play much more openly to see how it works. I will be covered for tonight, but I have posted an "ideal" set of moves for the next night;

Professor X -Andromeda... and then follow previous plans accordingly

Wolverine - kill me/andro (if we are saved then your kill will fail and we can use your ability without risking a teamkill)

Rogue - steal... your choice. But DEFINATELY NOT mine SG's or andro's ability

Cyclops - no kill...

Jean Grey - save yourself (or cyclops if you are already targetted :P)

Nightcrawler - save andromeda Nightcrawler already had an action on night one, didn't you read the roles?? What were you thinking?? I don't think that anyone should plan actions for the goodies, especially if they don't read the roles properly!! Good thing is that at least Randro was sane!!

Beast - find out about Nightcrawler. It could be critical is crawler dies later on leaving wolverine vulnerable to stryker/baddies when we need a kill

Colossus - save me :P

Angel - save SG

Storm – I don't know what ability she has...

After this post by reaymond I kinda lost it and pretty much outed myself :( You really made me look like an idiot!!!!!!!!!

We were lucky that Stryker died night one!

Impervious could you please write down everyone's secret ability and the entire set of night actions (I hope you didn't delete them) I'm just trying to figure things out :(

EDIT: I felt lonely and decided to switch anonymous too, because two anonymouses were watching <_<

SNAP OUT OF IT!

Edited by andromeda

Andromeda pleas dont be upset. I think you are angry at yourself. Adrenalin must have been pushing you too hard.

Play your way, if you see it that way. Regarding defense - never certain, I had the same role as you once with 4 hours active time left and said I was the defender (of the vigilante) - they still lynched me ????? All you can do is put up a challenge and let the jury decide - it was always gonna be an ST band wagon - unless they discovered Stryker or saber-tooth.

Anyway - its a game not a personal attack - it does seem eager people and those that post make a target. Still need to change this under the radar issue. To me it's not playing.

Hey the 'secret' actions were secrets - we all had the same problem :excl:

face it Andromeda - your addicted :lol:

you know you want to.

So, explanation on my part: I personally HAAAATE bandwagons. I hate them even more on day 1. I wasn't in KHM beyond the first couple days, so I can't really speak to that, but that wasn't really a "Mafia" game either. It was more like the Heroes Hybrid games, or the Battle for Mt. Olympus that Itachi was hosting. The strategies are a little different. Either way, I've made myself look like a baddie in the past by trying to slow or stop runaway votes. Good things to do in that case would be to leave little cryptic hints that we could analyze (and over analyze) that would have said "I am a definite goodie. Here is something only a goodie would know." For instance, in your case I might have said something along the lines of "I know the role of one of the other X-Men. I don't want to out him, but if I'm pressed I won't hesitate to, to prove my innocence." You were Nightcrawler, so you keeping your OWN role a secret was pretty paramount. So, in the event that they forced you to out Wolverine, you would then have probably followed up claiming to be Beast or Prof. X. After all, you don't want to paint a target on yourself, and at that point you're a proven goodie, so the spy role you're claiming to be wouldn't refute your claim. However, this would have let you look like: Nightcrawler, Prof. X, Beast, JG or Cyclops. What I was trying to say before was that saying "A baddie wouldn't do X" doesn't really count, because baddies will deliberately do X, just because it'll make them look like a goodie. In my only time playing as the mafia we did that a lot, and it led to our win (dawh not only hung me out to dry, he then came out and beat me, just to prove the point :P).

Regardless, you didn't play BAD, and you didn't even really look like a baddie. I guess the point is just that it takes something very concrete to prove innocence in Mafia. The people that play this (or the good ones at least (and no I'm not counting myself here)) are INCREDIBLY good liars. Goodies and baddies alike. So, I'm sorry for essentially discarding your defense, I just was looking for a hint on your role. For instance, the hint that you gave to save Randro was awesome. That late in the game it kind of spelled your role out in capital letters, but that's ok. Anyways, thank you for playing Andro. I'm sorry you were stressed, but you seemed to enjoy it more at the end. I hope you'll play again.

Edited by SomeGuy

I had the "must keep it a secret" role! That was the reason why I said I won't give any hints... That was the thing that I was most upset about. I had a role to keep it very secret and you pushed me until I over reacted and basically spelled out who I am, and I was angry because I let you too. It was very reckless and irresponsible of you. Luckily Kat was killed the first night and at the same time by attacking ST she helped us get our first baddie lynch! Thanks Kat! Attacking your best friend... sweet! :)

I hate bandwagon votes too, but this one was 95% baddie kill so I thought whatever, besides I was already there so I posted, no calculations, no thinking... and it boomeranged! <_<

I'm actually proud of the "I can't save him" hint cause I was meant to say "I can't save him from the lynch, but he's safe during the night". I have no idea what you managed to read from it but it worked cause Reay ordered everyone to take the votes off Randro.

It was a good game, but we were very lucky! ;)

No, it wasn't reckless and irresponsible, because you could've claimed other roles. If you were to say "Randro is Wolverine. I know this because I'm Prof. X, and I investigated him last night" then you would've gotten me and Reaymond (though there's no way to have planned for Reaymond) to back you up, so long as Randro agreed he was Wolverine, and no one contradicted you. It's why I always insist that not only baddies lie ;) Yeah, you had to keep your role a secret, but there's ways to prove you're a goodie without saying "I'm Nightcrawler."

Yeah, you had to keep your role a secret, but there's ways to prove you're a goodie without saying "I'm Nightcrawler."

<_<

You suggested me to hint that I'm someone else and then that someone else would have thought that I'm lying (of course) and that I'm a baddie. If someone would have hinted that he/she is a Nightcrawler I would think that he/she is a baddie claiming my role and I would say "Off with his/hers head".

I thought that since I'm one of the good guys I won't have to lie. But being honest is a luxury in mafia :rolleyes:

If Stryker would have been alive it would have BEEN RECKLESS AND IRRESPONSIBLE to smoke me out like that.

If I ever play a mafia again I won't hint who I am... lynch me kill me, I don't care :rolleyes:

Edited by andromeda

<_<

You suggested me to hint that I'm someone else and then that someone else would have thought that I'm lying (of course) and that I'm a baddie. If someone would have hinted that he/she is a Nightcrawler I would think that he/she is a baddie claiming my role and I would say "Off with his/hers head".

I thought that since I'm one of the good guys I won't have to lie. But being honest is a luxury in mafia :rolleyes:

If Stryker would have been alive it would have BEEN RECKLESS AND IRRESPONSIBLE to smoke me out like that.

If I ever play a mafia again I won't hint who I am... lynch me kill me, I don't care :rolleyes:

C'mon Andro... Don't say that... Sometimes hinting on your role is necessary in order to stay alive... What if you would've been wolverine and you were gonna get lynched, your responsablity would've been hint (a bit) on your role because you want the goodies to win...

I must admit that it's an awful feeling when you're saying the truth and nobody believes you, but sometimes you just have to give a little proof... I did the same with SomeGuy ;)

Anyways, I hope I see you in the next mafia game and hopefully we'll be on the same side... :P

P.S. Obviously I'm not an experienced player, I'm just talking from the little I know... :blush:

C'mon Andro... Don't say that... Sometimes hinting on your role is necessary in order to stay alive... What if you would've been wolverine and you were gonna get lynched, your responsablity would've been hint (a bit) on your role because you want the goodies to win...

You see this is the problem I read the roles carefully!!! Wolverine can't be lynched! Invincible to injection! But if I hadn't saved him you would have still had doubts about who I was...

In my next mafia I don't wanna stay alive... if you want to kill me kill me, it's your bad!

You see this is the problem I read the roles carefully!!! Wolverine can't be lynched! Invincible to injection! But if I hadn't saved him you would have still had doubts about who I was...

In my next mafia I don't wanna stay alive... if you want to kill me kill me, it's your bad!

I know what you mean... But remember that the game is not just about you... You must play like a team... ;)

No hard feelings Andro.

I think we all learned from this.

Remember... don't stress, be happy :)

Can i share some of my thought andromeda?

I think you have play this game very well so no need to be upset. Not everyone will say the real thing in Mafia game. That's how Mafia game goes.

Players will not behave the same pattern or manner in Mafia games, otherwise other will spot their identity soon. You can refer to some of the classic Mafia game that we played before.

When you play more on this, you will develop a few type of manner to confuse your opponent.

I also reacted like you before but it was happened in the game because people accused me as a baddie when I was a good guys, but when I have been lynched, then the hard feeling should let go and enjoy how the rest play with having ghost popcorns (that's mean take a rest after you have struggle to act so far, :) )

Don't forget, the Mafia game is in this forum because it involve strategy and brain teasing. :)

Hope to see you more involvment in future Mafia games. :)