BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I know we do not advertise here but....

1 - It's our good friend Google that bought most of us here

2 - It's free

3 - I found it to be very very quick and safe

Google Chrome this is where you can view it and see what it's about - I tested/used it. So far I have not found out how to carry my Google bookmarks over, but that's not been a worry.

So when you butterfly back and forth, close and reopen coz you forgot something - like I do, it all goes easy and fast.

If you tried it out and used it - put a note in this topic pls.

If you are using it already - put a note here too pls.

If you have issues with it - tell us too pls.

20 answers to this question

I use Firefox... have an old version of Safari too, which I don't use. I think we have IE too, but IE sucks ;) So yeah, I use Firefox. Chrome looks cool, but really there's not enough incentive for me to switch. Also, I read an article on how Chrome sends everything you do to the evil central Google database, and they like start a file about you and what you do to feed to their search engines... it claimed Chrome was made by Google to complete their "internet monopoly" as an info-feeder to their search engines. Or something. Not sure if that's true, but I don't really care either way :) Just throwing that out there

I use Firefox... have an old version of Safari too, which I don't use. I think we have IE too, but IE sucks ;) So yeah, I use Firefox. Chrome looks cool, but really there's not enough incentive for me to switch. Also, I read an article on how Chrome sends everything you do to the evil central Google database, and they like start a file about you and what you do to feed to their search engines... it claimed Chrome was made by Google to complete their "internet monopoly" as an info-feeder to their search engines. Or something. Not sure if that's true, but I don't really care either way :) Just throwing that out there

Pretty much the same here -Safari. I use Firefox and it pwnz and has a lot of cool plug-ins (most of which I don't use...). Also, I have heard a lot about the 'Google Monster', but I'm not sure what they're doing aside from collecting data on people, which I am always against, so that's all I need to know. ;)

I have tried IE, Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome. My favorite is Firefox. Chrome is fast and I like the home page setting, but it has too many problems with different sites so I don't use it any more.

Pretty much the same here -Safari. I use Firefox and it pwnz and has a lot of cool plug-ins (most of which I don't use...). Also, I have heard a lot about the 'Google Monster', but I'm not sure what they're doing aside from collecting data on people, which I am always against, so that's all I need to know. ;)
We are never far from Google - who is not collecting data ??

Well, I have used all 4 major internet browsers and this is my reviews ( except for safari which i don't use often)

Internet Explorer: This works well for the mild internet user, but it's pop up blocker is not very effective and can be hard to use. The speed is not the highest, but if you are too lazy to download another browser, this works fine.

Firefox:I have used this for 2 years and my conclusion is that this is a wonderful browser that allows you to add things on and not fill up your toolbars. This is a fast browser, but it has trouble opening some sites and you often have to install many plug-ins

Google Chrome: I prefer this now for its simple interface and its fast speed. I also like the new tab box where it shows you your most visited sites. I disagree with much of the articles which are mostly put up by IE and FF employees (I know this because I had to do a report that requires investigation for my Editorial Writing Class). However, I have yet to find certain buttons that are available on FF.

The Bottom line:

1st Place: GC

2nd Place: FF

3rd Place: IE

I prefer Google Chrome scince it can open all the sites i have visited and has a good speed. I have yet to use Safari so i do not know how it ranks.

I find that on google chrome I cant select targets for some things. e.g. if there is a drop down list and I try to select a target this sometimes won't work for me. That is why I prefer FF ;) Safari also has the same problems on my iphone, and along with other glitches it is at the bottom of my list.

1st - FF

2nd - GC

3rd - IE

4th - Safari

I´m using Chrome right now too. I do love Firefox, but it can´t beat Chrome in speed. The only problem I have with GC is that I can´t browse my Hotmail properly, and then I use Firefox for this. But I don´t even know why I have a Hotmail account... :P

Yeah... I use Firefox too! No reason to change it. :D

Yeah... I just had a reason to change it cause it went completely berserk, in translation it wouldn't work. I'm hoping it's not a virus again :o cause I've just reinstaled Windows!

How do I bookmark on Chrome! The right click doesn't have the bookmark button like the Firefox has.

I had to download Chrome cause my Fox is not working and I really don't like explorer!

Like I said I had to download Chrome and the thing that I noticed right away is it's speed, it runs like a wind!

What I liked about FF is bookmarking, I had a long never ending list that was quite a pain to manually save before the reinstalment!

What I like about Chrome and I'll probably use it often is what LIS has mentioned, if I accidentally close a tab I can easily retrieve it!

And another think I love the fact that when I'm on BD and I only have one tab open and I'm replaying in the thread and I need to copy paste something from somebody else's post I just duplicate the tab :D and that goes faster than opening BD in a new tab on FF!

Ctrl+D

Thanks chief! :)