BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Well, me and Kat have just hosted a pretty successful first round of James Bond Mafia. Like all first runs it needed some tweaks made to it, but overall everyone seemed to enjoy it. After JBM i decided that i kinda prefer hosting to playing :P. The only problem is that I have a slight lack of imagination (don't worry it won't affect night posts), meaning that I can't think of anything that I could base this mafia on... any ideas would be welcome :)

Thanks

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

TV Shows:

Survivor

House

Southpark

Simpsons

Dancing with the Stars

Books:

Lord of the Rings

Twilight Series

Harry Potter Series

Interview with a Vampire

Movies:

The Matrix

Star Wars

Star Trek

Misc:

Aliens and Earthlings

Brainden moderators and users

Ghosts and living people

Honestants and Pendacants

Witches and Puritans

Hmm well if youu look in the others forum you will seea thread withthe same topic. YOu could look atthose ideas. Here are some others..

Disney, Jungle, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

You may want to move this thread to the mafia discussion area.

Ok, whatever you do, do NOT do a vampire one...Brainden's gonna get about 50 new users with "Iheartedward" names and such (from the Twilight series if anyone didn't know), and they won't have a clue how to play mafia...-_-

House would be interesting, I watch that, I'd probably play, but how many saving roles would you have? o.O

<(^-^)>

Great twinpop!!

TV Shows:

Survivor

House

Southpark

Simpsons

Dancing with the Stars

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Books:

Lord of the Rings

Twilight Series

Harry Potter Series

Interview with a Vampire

Movies:

The Matrix

Star Wars ---I love this one! :P

Star Trek

Misc:

Aliens and Earthlings

Ghosts and living people

Witches and Puritans--oh great! I used to work renaissance faire so this gets to me!!Love it! Huzzah! :blink:

Ok, whatever you do, do NOT do a vampire one...Brainden's gonna get about 50 new users with "Iheartedward" names and such (from the Twilight series if anyone didn't know), and they won't have a clue how to play mafia...-_-

House would be interesting, I watch that, I'd probably play, but how many saving roles would you have? o.O

<(^-^)>

Kat, I havent a clue about the whole vampire thing. But I trust you on that.

How about old classic movies?

Musicals?

Wizard of OZ? Wicked?

Robin Hood?

Princess Bride was 5*****!!

TV Shows:

Survivor ---I love survivor :D:D

House

Southpark

Simpsons

Dancing with the Stars

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Books:

Lord of the Rings

Twilight Series

Harry Potter Series

Interview with a Vampire

Movies:

The Matrix

Star Wars

Star Trek

Misc:

Aliens and Earthlings

Ghosts and living people

Witches and Puritans

So if you do a Survivor one can I be first on the list B))

Edit: What is Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Edited by limeliam

Edit: What is Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

I suggest you google it Liam. It was a highly successful series that took place in silicon valley, ca. There is a big cult following.

OH! what about Xena???

my edit: for LimeLiam...Visit wikipedia site for buffy the vampire slayer series

*Reads whole page about Buffy the Vampire Slayer* Okay but I otherwise have never heard of Buffy and her Vampire slaying skills

*Reads whole page about Buffy the Vampire Slayer* Okay but I otherwise have never heard of Buffy and her Vampire slaying skills

You've never heard of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? *chokes on chicken* :P

Out of the above lists, here are my favs :D :

Survivor - (although I'm not sure how to do it like mafia...but it could definitely work out pretty cool :) )

House - (that could work...but as someone mentioned in the above, reay would need to kill off some saving roles :lol: )

Simpsons - (I believe a variation of Simpsons was done by dms?)

Books:

Harry Potter Series - (ya, ya, it'll be cheesy, but it could work :) )

Movies:

The Matrix - (very good movie B)) )

Star Wars - (I have no clue what kind of characters there are, except for Yoda ;) , but I'm guessing it could be ok...)

Misc:

Aliens and Earthlings

Ghosts and living people

Witches and Puritans

(so, anything myth-related and/or magic-related :D :D :D )

Out of the above lists, here are my favs

Survivor - (although I'm not sure how to do it like mafia...but it could definitely work out pretty cool :) ) You don't have to do a mafia to enjoy Survivor :D You could have a puzzle and ffight for immunity and the losing people can vote via pm for who they want to vote off B)) Just some ideas

House - (that could work...but as someone mentioned in the above, reay would need to kill off some saving roles :lol: )

Simpsons - (I believe a variation of Simpsons was done by dms?) Yes It was Fox Network Fight

Books:

Harry Potter Series - (ya, ya, it'll be cheesy, but it could work :) ) How cheesy

Movies:

Star Wars - (I have no clue what kind of characters there are, except for Yoda ;) , but I'm guessing it could be ok...)

Misc:

Aliens and Earthlings

Ghosts and living people

Witches and Puritans

You know I hate "characterizing" mafia roles or vice versa, just trying to reproduce popular fiction franchises. I tried it once in LOST Mafia, and it failed lol, and I see it fail in Brainden. You could argue that Jumper was like that but I didn't use any actual characters from Jumper, rather the basic concept of teleportation.

My advice: try to think of something original. If you have to ask for advice on a thread, maybe you should rethink :D The game should be your own construction IMO

You've never heard of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? *chokes on chicken* :P

Out of the above lists, here are my favs :D :

Survivor - (although I'm not sure how to do it like mafia...but it could definitely work out pretty cool :) )

Simpsons - (I believe a variation of Simpsons was done by dms?)

I did, but it could be done better

Books:

Harry Potter Series - (ya, ya, it'll be cheesy, but it could work :) )

Movies:

Star Wars - (I have no clue what kind of characters there are, except for Yoda ;) , but I'm guessing it could be ok...)I would love to see you do this one(maybe a triology) alsovif you makethis one i'd like to reserve my place in it

Misc:

Aliens and Earthlings

Ghosts and living people

Witches and Puritans

Dude do Star Wars or House. Has House ever gone out with anyone on the show? 'Cos I call being her! House is hot, and cocky, has pretty eyes and the perfect amount of chin stubble. :wub: ... >_>

Oh, or Scrubs! Then I call being Jordan. :P

I think Survivor should be good Reay or House or Star Wars

All the above suggestions are really cool :D

I agree with UR about creating your own characters and adding your own little spark of creativity :P Maybe you could base it on some of the ideas above, and create your own characters or something ;)

Maybe you could base it on some of the ideas above, and create your own characters or something ;)

That's an awesome idea! You should do House, and create a cast of doctors or something, interns maybe. Some of them can be baddies by trying to sabotage his career! Don't forget to create a wife for him! :wub: :wub: :wub:. *looks around defensively* He's mine. Back off.

That's an awesome idea! You should do House, and create a cast of doctors or something, interns maybe. Some of them can be baddies by trying to sabotage his career! Don't forget to create a wife for him! :wub: :wub: :wub:. *looks around defensively* He's mine. Back off.

well if you do a wife then there must be a hottie nusre he/she cheats with! Oh and what about the crazy person wandering around with the robe w/o a back?

<_< If :wub: House :wub: cheats, I'll make sure to kill him personally.

Oh man, random thought. What about some sort of Animal Kingdom Mafia?

Oh, yes, go kill the guy you love :P

What's Animal Kingdom? Sounds interesting... :)

Oh, yes, go kill the guy you love :P

What's Animal Kingdom? Sounds interesting... :)

>_> 'Might kill the damn nurse too. And then somehow switch series and go get Dr Cox. :D

Lion King! That's what I meant, couldn't think of it. Ah well, that's not entirely what I meant anyway. Basically Mafia of the animals in the jungle. Some Lions/Tigers (probably baddies), Monkeys (I see these as the detectives), and other animals that have some ability.

>_> 'Might kill the damn nurse too. And then somehow switch series and go get Dr Cox. :D

Lion King! That's what I meant, couldn't think of it. Ah well, that's not entirely what I meant anyway. Basically Mafia of the animals in the jungle. Some Lions/Tigers (probably baddies), Monkeys (I see these as the detectives), and other animals that have some ability.

Ooh, I luv that idea! It gives plenty of room for twists and creativity ;) You may want to consider Izzy's idea, reay :)