BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Well, me and Kat have just hosted a pretty successful first round of James Bond Mafia. Like all first runs it needed some tweaks made to it, but overall everyone seemed to enjoy it. After JBM i decided that i kinda prefer hosting to playing :P. The only problem is that I have a slight lack of imagination (don't worry it won't affect night posts), meaning that I can't think of anything that I could base this mafia on... any ideas would be welcome :)

Thanks

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Firstly thanks for all the ideas guy (mostly Twin Pop though :P)

You know I hate "characterizing" mafia roles or vice versa, just trying to reproduce popular fiction franchises. I tried it once in LOST Mafia, and it failed lol, and I see it fail in Brainden. You could argue that Jumper was like that but I didn't use any actual characters from Jumper, rather the basic concept of teleportation.

My advice: try to think of something original. If you have to ask for advice on a thread, maybe you should rethink :D The game should be your own construction IMO

Yeah, I am developing a completely original one of my own :D This one was just going to be a simple mafia that i could set up quickly to get a bit more experience hosting and help with figuring out balancing for the new one. Seems as I have finished school now :D i might get a bit more time for my original version so don't worry UR (you can be first on roster just becuase its not based on anything :P)

House

Lord of the Rings

Harry Potter Series

The Matrix

Star Wars

Brainden moderators and users (mods + rookie vs users :P)

Ok, I have read through all the comments and after deleted some of the ideas that have had no repsonses/ones that i haven't heard of/dont like as a concept (like Kats problem with twilight) :P I have a shortlist above. At the moment it seems that the majority of people would be willing to play a star wars version - that seems easy enough to set up and the intro post will be easy (a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... :P) If there are any major objections to a Star Wars mafia then please speak out, if not then I will start work right away :D Oh and thanks for all the replies people :)

If there are any major objections to a Star Wars mafia then please speak out, if not then I will start work right away :D Oh and thanks for all the replies people :)

Um I have an objection to Star Wars Mafia because I have not ever watched or cared much for Star Wars

Brainden moderators and users (mods + rookie vs users :P)

not to sound like a jerk but I've already invented this one :P It's in the Mafia Discussion topic somewhere. Also, Incognito (PM me if you don't know what it is) is having a game soon called 'Mafiaholics', which is similar to that concept as well [but uses real names from classic BD players, slightly altered]

to reaymond: yeah I'm kinda caught up in the moment and I don't think I'll be able to play any game at all... sorry :(

I think a Star Wars mafia would be sweet. However, I see a Matrix mafia working pretty well, too. Both have the ability to be rather epic.

If you do Star Wars, would people be "vanilla" ish characters, or would you be pushing a light side v. dark side Jedi angle?

I think a Star Wars mafia would be sweet. However, I see a Matrix mafia working pretty well, too. Both have the ability to be rather epic.

If you do Star Wars, would people be "vanilla" ish characters, or would you be pushing a light side v. dark side Jedi angle?

Me personally, I have more experience of Star Wars than Matrix though, sorry SG, maybe someone else could do it? :(

I would probably be pushing for a majority of Jedi players, it would be quite boring if I included the "main" characters as some of them might feature alot but do alot of blabbing... Of course I might throw a few others in there, Han Solo would definately be one, maybe R2D2/R4?

Um I have an objection to Star Wars Mafia because I have not ever watched or cared much for Star Wars

I second that. I don't even have a clue what it is about, and never liked it personally <_<

Hmm...about the vanilla-ish characters, I think most of the ideas suggested would have that problem. I'm sure reay would slightly alternate the characters so they have some importance? :)

edit: personally, I would prefer Matrix mafia, but I'm not exactly sure how many baddies you can conjure up...(agent 1, agent 2, agent 3...) :P

edit2: :lol: , what in the world is a Han Solo, not to mention R2D2/R4? :blink: If you are going to do a Star Wars one, do the players have to watch the movies? :(

Edited by star_tiger

Well, the issue with the Star Wars thing is that Jedi were supposed to be incredibly rare. However, they're VASTly more interesting than the rest of the folks.

For instance, it would be very easy to flavor a healer Jedi, a protector Jedi, etc. etc., and give the Jedi lots of options that could change the game significantly. Han Solo could just kill people :P Also, the Jedi would be easy to make genderless.

Edit: I think a good way to do Matrix Mafia would be to make it like Jumper Mafia, for anyone reading.

Edited by SomeGuy

Well, the issue with the Star Wars thing is that Jedi were supposed to be incredibly rare. However, they're VASTly more interesting than the rest of the folks.

For instance, it would be very easy to flavor a healer Jedi, a protector Jedi, etc. etc., and give the Jedi lots of options that could change the game significantly. Han Solo could just kill people :P Also, the Jedi would be easy to make genderless.

Edit: I think a good way to do Matrix Mafia would be to make it like Jumper Mafia, for anyone reading.

yeah, the idea with SWM was the ease that I could do it, yet still provide a vastly enjoyable game to everyone :). To ST, no you don't have to watch the 6 movies that would be a bit excessive :P. Han Solo is the pilot of the millenium falcon the really cool ship the goodies use in all the mportant stuff. R2D2 and R4 are robots that help fly the ship/fix it and do other "robotic" jobs.

Like I said before, A matrix mafia wouldn't really be one of my choices, I havent seen the films and don't know that much about the characters :S

yeah, the idea with SWM was the ease that I could do it, yet still provide a vastly enjoyable game to everyone :). To ST, no you don't have to watch the 6 movies that would be a bit excessive :P. Han Solo is the pilot of the millenium falcon the really cool ship the goodies use in all the mportant stuff. R2D2 and R4 are robots that help fly the ship/fix it and do other "robotic" jobs.

Like I said before, A matrix mafia wouldn't really be one of my choices, I havent seen the films and don't know that much about the characters :S

*nods along, pretending to know exactly what reay is saying* Well, as long as I don't need to know anything about the characters, it's all good ;)

Matrix is a very, very cool movie (I recommend it if you have any spare time), but it will be kind of hard to make characters...especially since reay said that this was just a prep for the big, creative, fantastic mafia of his :) (sign me up if you are still doing it ;) )

You know I hate "characterizing" mafia roles or vice versa, just trying to reproduce popular fiction franchises. I tried it once in LOST Mafia, and it failed lol, and I see it fail in Brainden. You could argue that Jumper was like that but I didn't use any actual characters from Jumper, rather the basic concept of teleportation.

My advice: try to think of something original. If you have to ask for advice on a thread, maybe you should rethink :D The game should be your own construction IMO

I'm finally going to follow this idea after x-men mafia :)

Hmm...that reminds me of that "Detective" game...where everyone was a tiger :P

<(^-^)>

Hey if animal kingdom is done I call tiger :)

maybe a Silent Hill style (video game)

or if you heard of it Code Lyoko ( i got obssesed again lol)

sorry Riranor, but I've never heard of either of those :o is it something to do with me being 14 years old?

maybe a Silent Hill style (video game)

or if you heard of it Code Lyoko ( i got obssesed again lol)

sorry Riranor, but I've never heard of either of those :o is it something to do with me being 14 years old?

:lol: , I've only heard of Silent Hill, which is suppose to be some sort of survivor horror video game :huh: And wiki tells me that Code Lyoko is a...french animated television series? :Phttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_Lyoko (hehe, apparently this artificial intelligence is obssessed with world domination ;) )

:lol: , I've only heard of Silent Hill, which is suppose to be some sort of survivor horror video game :huh: And wiki tells me that Code Lyoko is a...french animated television series? :Phttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_Lyoko (hehe, apparently this artificial intelligence is obssessed with world domination ;) )

Yeah, it's a French cartoon that Cartton Network tried to pass off as an anime (it seemed that way to me, anyway.) I liked it, but Cartoon Network never continued after the 2nd season. If you're curious, I suppose it's like a totally animated, kiddy version of Tron.

On subject: I like the ideas for Star Wars or Harry Potter, if it could work right. It seems like Harry Potter would be more difficult as everyone generally has the same abilities in the series.

EDIT: Woot! 200 posts!

Edited by Sparanda

On subject: I like the ideas for Star Wars or Harry Potter, if it could work right. It seems like Harry Potter would be more difficult as everyone generally has the same abilities in the series.

It looks to me that reay is doing a Star Wars mafia? :huh: And Harry Potter could work, although the abilities and stuff would need to be tweaked a lot :P

It looks to me that reay is doing a Star Wars mafia? :huh: And Harry Potter could work, although the abilities and stuff would need to be tweaked a lot :P

Yeah its Star Wars Episodes 4,5 and 6 - Imperials vs Jedis. me and Impervious have done 1/2 - 3/4 of the RD's just need to balance it out a bit and them its on the forums :D

Host(s): Reaymond (+ Impervious) I haven't asked him yet whether he wants to help host or not ;P

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

Not sure how many players atm lol keep filling them up and I will put a reserve border in place :P

Host(s): Reaymond (+ Impervious)

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger

6. Crazypainter

7. Izzy

Are the hosts not a part of this game :P

Sorry CP, but Buffy isn't really my thing. Not saying Star Wars is, but it would definately be easier for me to host a Star Wars mafia than Buffy :(

edit: added Izzy ;)

edit2: unless anything else changes there will be 14 spots in the game... but sign up afterwards for reserve places or even a game spot if I decide to expand it a little :D

Edited by reaymond

Host(s): Reaymond (+ Impervious)

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger

6. Crazypainter

7. Izzy

8. Twin Pop

9. Kat

Ok, I'll join, should be fun playing with glowing swords *cough*insidejoke*cough*

<(^-^)>