BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Heroes: Season 1.1

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww...I thought Itachi's no contest ended the Day...oh well...

Can I come back and kill off the Company? Pleaaaaasssssee? :D

I'm sure the heroes would luv you back B)) Does anyone know any bring-people-back-from-the-dead witches? :D

And I guess I vote for SomeGuy :) (do I need to copy the roster? There's only four people left...)

I'm sure the heroes would luv you back B)) Does anyone know any bring-people-back-from-the-dead witches? :D

And I guess I vote for SomeGuy :) (do I need to copy the roster? There's only four people left...)

No, don't bother. The way I see it, this game is pretty much over already...should I just end it?

I don't think there is a need to continue. We know that SomeGuy is the Company member.

Slick and I can't be recruited, and ST was able to successfully use her ability on me in the previous day, which she would not have been able to do if she had been recruited. That only leaves SomeGuy.

If SomeGuy doesn't die with the injection today, I'll just kill him tonight. Game over.

But if you want a vote, here's the mini-roster

1. Akaslickster

2. SomeGuy - voting for StarTiger

3. Cherry Lane - voting for SomeGuy

4. Star Tiger - voting for SomeGuy

I won't bother with colors.

:) Game.

Edit: Good game, all involved. I was honestly kind of mad when I got drafted... the goodies were doing too well.

Edit2: Curse you, ST, for using your ability on CL :( That was my only chance.

Edited by SomeGuy

:lol: , I really doubt I would not have use my ability on CL after Y-san's lovely threat that went something like this, "Use your ability on CL or you get injected" :P Nice play though, SomeGuy, and congratulations to the heroes!!! B))

Of course, thank-you very much to Frost who created another great mafia game and wrote epic night/day posts!!! :D

Edited by star_tiger

I don't think there is a need to continue. We know that SomeGuy is the Company member.

Slick and I can't be recruited, and ST was able to successfully use her ability on me in the previous day, which she would not have been able to do if she had been recruited. That only leaves SomeGuy.

If SomeGuy doesn't die with the injection today, I'll just kill him tonight. Game over.

1. Akaslickster

Thank you. That was the post I was waiting for. I knew that this game was over, I just didn't want to bother dragging it out any longer. One epic ending coming right up! After I spend a good few hours writing it. :P

I promise it will be awesome though. :D

Of course, thank-you very much to Frost who created another great mafia game and wrote epic night/day posts!!! :D

Thank you very much. I doubt my writing is quite as great as unreality's sometimes is, but I try my best. The Heroes characters make writing very easy.

BB did help a lot with development and fine tuning of this game, so I must give him many thanks, as this would not have been possible without him. :P

:) Game.

Edit: Good game, all involved. I was honestly kind of mad when I got drafted... the goodies were doing too well.

I was sad you were drafted too...:(...

But yeah, after the Night Post I was fumbling around figuring the strat to clear as many ppl as possible and to post it before I got RIDed...if only you had RIDed me earlier...XP

Thank you very much. I doubt my writing is quite as great as unreality's sometimes is, but I try my best. The Heroes characters make writing very easy.

BB did help a lot with development and fine tuning of this game, so I must give him many thanks, as this would not have been possible without him. :P

Oh...Frost, I was so involved in playing I never told you that I loved the posts...especially the ones with me ;)...although, I have a confession...

Spoiler for actually...:

allergic to cats!

Can't wait for the ending...;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I figured if we RIDed you too soon that it'd be obvious, especially with the confusion around whether or not we would lose BTSC. I was basically looking for someone to blame it on, but you said you were going to kill me :( Sorta forced me to tip my hand ;) Either way, I'm not upset or anything that I lost (sorry Company :(), I was kind of painted into a corner from square one.

I would like to say, from my repentant ex-Hero side, that I was glad that the Heroes were actually playing the deceptive game as well. Keeping everyone guessing on roles and such, and running around in circles trying to figure out whether DL was Sylar or Parkman was Molly etc. was awesome.

I figured if we RIDed you too soon that it'd be obvious, especially with the confusion around whether or not we would lose BTSC. I was basically looking for someone to blame it on, but you said you were going to kill me :( Sorta forced me to tip my hand ;) Either way, I'm not upset or anything that I lost (sorry Company :( ), I was kind of painted into a corner from square one.

I would like to say, from my repentant ex-Hero side, that I was glad that the Heroes were actually playing the deceptive game as well. Keeping everyone guessing on roles and such, and running around in circles trying to figure out whether DL was Sylar or Parkman was Molly etc. was awesome.

Good game, DL. I think this is the first time in Mafia history in BD that a player has played a double game. I enjoyed my stay with the company, until that damned Sylar came. :P

The End

“Well?” Mohinder asked. “What do you guys think we should do?” The 4 remaining players shifted around unsteadily, unsure of what to do. Suddenly someone smashed through the windows of the lab and tackled SomeGuy. “Damn, not again…” Mohinder thought to himself.

Only minutes earlier, Yoruichi-san had been rushing out of her house to go to the meeting for the injection. She had gotten in her car and was turning on the ignition…when Hiro appeared next to her. He quickly put his hand on her shoulder, and they disappeared as the giant mushroom cloud formed from the exploding car.

They reappeared outside Mohinder’s lab. YS looked around, and noticed that the cars weren’t moving. “Time’s still stopped,” she commented. “Yep,” he quickly replied. “Wait…how did you know that I would die?” YS asked him, “And aren’t you already dead?” “What? I die? Dang…oh well, it makes my presence here less of an issue. Now as to how I knew to save you…”

Crazypainter was hurriedly painting another one. Earlier that night she had painted a picture of her, Isaac, dying by the hands of Sylar. She had to get a message out to someone, anyone. When her eyes returned to their normal color, she looked at her work. On the freshly painted canvas was an image of a massive explosion by YS’s house. “I have to warn her…but how?” she thought to herself. The door to her loft banged open. Sylar had arrived. “It’s time to die, Isaac,” he laughed.

“Alright stop. Where do you come in?” YS asked Hiro. “I was just getting to that…” he replied, “Be patient. You see, I wasn’t doing anything that night, so I figured that I might just drop in on Mr. Isaac,” Hiro told YS.

Not too long after Isaac died at the hands of Sylar, Hiro happened to wander into his loft. “Mr. Isaac?” Hiro called out into the quiet room. He looked around and walked down the steps by the entrance. He gasped when he saw the bloody body of Crazypainter lying on the ground, dead. He glanced away, and then noticed the painting. Hiro slowly approached it, staring at the vivid colors of the bomb. Looking closer, he could tell the location of the house, and realized that it was Yoruichi-san’s.

“You see, I’ve known that you would die from the start,” Hiro continued, “However once I knew the Company was after me, I realized that I would have to time travel to now so I could save you.” “Well thank you,” YS replied, “but there’s something that I need to take care of first. Could you start time again?” “Yeah, sure, but why?” Hiro wondered. “You’ll see.”

Inside, the various heroes looked around at each other. Then she did it. YS broke through the window and tackled SomeGuy. She knew he had been recruited, and she was furious at him for backstabbing her. SomeGuy fell to the floor and struggled to get out of Yoruichi-san’s grasp. With the incredible strength that she possessed as Niki, YS picked SomeGuy up and held him in the air, only to hurl him against the solid wall of the lab. SomeGuy’s head was crushed against the wall, and his lifeless body crumpled to the floor. The other people just stare at YS. “What the hell did you do that for?” Mohinder blurted out. “He was the last Company member,” YS answered, “He was recruited a few days ago. “So that means…they’re all dead. We won. We won!” Suresh exclaimed. Then he looked over at the door. “What are you doing here Professor? Didn’t you die last night?” PT glanced over at Mohinder. “Perhaps I should explain…you see, the Company attacked me that night in a diner. However, I was able to stop time before the shot fired reached me. And now I’m here.” “Ah yes, Hiro, what an amazing ability,” Suresh thought out loud. “So I presume that you were Niki,” he said, turning to YS. “Yeah, and SomeGuy was DL, until he turned his back on us heroes.” “Then who are all of you?” Mohinder asked the other few. “We know Slick’s Claire, and CL’s Ted, but…are you Matt, Star Tiger?” “Yeah,” she replied. “And then there were those we studied, Impervious, and Itachi, who were Candice and Molly, respectively. So that covers us…but who was everyone else?” “I think I can help you with that…” Hiro replied, and with that he disappeared.

~Night 1 – The Return~

PT appeared in Mohinder’s apartment. He heard someone in the other room, so he quickly hid in the back room of the apartment. It was just Molly, but someone was with her…was that Peter? Hiro ducked behind the doorway as Peter left the room and said goodnight to Molly. He looked exhausted. Peter walked towards the door and exited the apartment. Hiro followed him. Hiro stalked Peter all the way back to his house, curious as to his identity. He couldn’t get a good view at the apartment because of the dim light and the fact that he was hiding. Hiro waited outside as Peter went into his house. He looked very tired. Hiro was about to teleport into the house, but he soon realized that a van had pulled up on the road. Men were coming up to the door, and they didn’t look friendly. Hiro watched as the Peter opened the door to see who it was. Hiro jumped when the man pulled out a gun and shot Peter. After the group had left, Hiro got up from his hiding place and went over to the fallen comrade. “Brandonb…so you were Peter,” Hiro spoke out loud. “Now, who’s next?”

~Night 2 – A Night Full of Surprises~

Hiro only needed to check on GC this time, who Sylar killed that night. Waiting in his apartment, he went over to look at GC after Sylar had completed his gruesome task. It was Linderman. “Guess you couldn’t save yourself,” Hiro chuckled.

~Night 3 – Park Place~

Once again, Hiro appeared, this time in the shower in Prince Marth’s upstairs bathroom. He could hear the faucet still dripping. Patiently Hiro waited, until he heard the fateful stab that he had inflicted two nights ago. Once Hiro knew that Hiro was gone, he stepped from the shower and looked down at the dead body of PM. “Hmmmm…The Haitian, huh?”

The park was quite peaceful at this time of night. Viewing the hill from above, one would have seen a man appear, as if from nowhere, along the slope. Around the same, time, a van rushed along the highway above the valley below. Moments later, a body was thrown from the van over the side of the cliff. Hiro glanced around nervously, as it was very hard to see even a few feet away. He heard a low rumble coming towards him, and Hiro quickly stopped time so he could see what it was. It was the body of unreality, tumbling down the cliff. Hiro got closer for a better view. “Flying man!” he yelled out, “…flying man?” Hiro knew that Nathan was dead now, too.

~Night 4 – On the Road~

Hiro knew who he had managed to kill that night. Kat had been HRG, Hiro didn’t need to bother confirming that. “Dang, I was good. Two Company members in a row.”

This was the last one. Hiro looked at the many cherry trees that lined the road. He remembered being here not too long ago…he watched from a far as CL attacked Sinistral. Approaching the body after it was over; he found Sinistral burnt to a crisp. He wasn’t able to identify Sinistral, though Hiro was a smart man. Through a little deductive reasoning, he figured out that Sinistral had to be Sylar.

Present Day

“So that’s it?” Mohinder said after hearing what Hiro had seen. “Interesting…well, it was still a great game. And nice work, Slick, ST, and CL, for making it to the end unscathed and still aligned with the heroes.” “Well, so long,” Hiro said. “Wait, you’re going?” “I have to, otherwise things could be completely different, and my time here wasted.” And with that, Hiro vanished into thin air.

~A few Nights Ago~

In a small diner of the main highway, Hiro faced his ultimate fate. The bullet hit him, and he dropped to the ground, dead.

Wow, that was longer than I planned it, but it was a nice culmination sorta thing. :P

Host: Mohinder Suresh

1) Yoruichi-san – Niki

2) Brandonb – Peter

3) Unreality – Nathan

4) Prince Marth – The Haitian

5) Akaslickster – Claire

6) SomeGuy – DL

7) Impervious – Candice

8) Prof. Templeton – Hiro

9) Crazypainter – Isaac

10) Cherry Lane – Ted

11) Grey cells – Lindermman

12) Sinistral – Sylar

13) Itachi – Molly

14) Kat – HRG

15) Star Tiger – Matt

Links:

Rules, Roles, and Intro

Night 1 - The Return

Day 1 - Five More Minutes…

Night 2 - A Night Full of Surprises

Day 2 - Expect the Expected

Night 3 - Park Place

Day 3 - Saved!

Night 4 - On the Road

Midday Day 4

Day 4 - Enough

Anyway, great game everyone; the heroes won (again), nice work to the three survivors (and YS for kicking SG’s butt, and of course Hiro). I was really hoping that the baddies would win this one; they were much more powerful this time around, though they kinda blew it, so that was disappointing.

Sinistral, it was great having you as the first Sylar that actually got anywhere; you really helped us clarify a lot of things that related to him.

SomeGuy, you played that as best you could, even though you were put into a hopeless situation.

And of course YS, who always had a trick up her sleeve (and finished off SG for the win).

And Professor T, I must say that was some great playing. You killed off two of the Company members, and in a row. You just obliterated them. Nice work!

As for everyone, you all played really well, and it was definitely a fun game to watch play out. I hope to see many of you in the next one, whenever that will be (probably not until next year). It will probably be another Season 1, since Season 2 hasn’t been developed much yet. I’m thinking of calling it Heroes: Season 1.15.

Hope I didn’t forget anything… :P

I figured if we RIDed you too soon that it'd be obvious, especially with the confusion around whether or not we would lose BTSC. I was basically looking for someone to blame it on, but you said you were going to kill me :( Sorta forced me to tip my hand ;) Either way, I'm not upset or anything that I lost (sorry Company :(), I was kind of painted into a corner from square one.

Well, to use Itachi's words...by killing me, you were just "unnecessarily prolonging your own defeat" :P

By leaving me alive...you risked me stumbling across the strategy by which you cannot win...and forcing ST to follow it with my 'lovely threat'...;P

Anyways, I really was sad that you got recruited...you were a good partner :)...I wished you could have stayed on the winning side ;)

And yeah...the deception was so much fun :ph34r:...I think I may have broken Bb's record for most lies in a single game...although I'll still have to work on the lifetime achievement award...:D

Alright, the charts ended up poorly, but I'm too lazy to try and fix them. Besides, I'm sure you can figure them out. :P

[u]Night 1[/u]:

Company			  |  Player Targeted

----------------------------------------------

Kill/RID				 |  Brandonb

HRG					  |  Star Tiger as Hiro

Linderman			 |  Prince Marth

Sylar					 |  Player Targeted

--------------------------------------------

Kill						|  Crazypainter

Heroes				 |  Player Targeted

----------------------------------------------

Peter					|  Itachi (Molly)

Nathan				  |  Unreality (saves himself)

Claire				   |  CL

DL						|  SomeGuy (saves himself)

[u]Day 1[/u]:

Injected:  Impervious (tails)

Candice:  Injected appears as Matt

Heroes				  |  Player/Role Targeted/Identified

---------------------------------------------------

Molly					 |  Peter - BB

Matt					  |  Impervious - Candice

[u]Night 2[/u]:

-------------------------------------------

Kill/RID				|  YS

Haitian				|  YS

Linderman				|  Impervious

Sylar						|  Player Targeted

Kill						|  GC

Secondary Ability   |  Isaac

Heroes				|  Player Targeted

------------------------------------------

Nathan				|  SomeGuy

Hiro						| Prince Marth

DL						| YS

Ted						| Impervious

[u]Day 2[/u]:

Injected:	Impervious

Heroes				|  Player/Role Targeted/Identified

-------------------------------------------------------------

Molly					 |  Hiro

Matt					  |  Itachi

[u]Night 3[/u]:

Kill/RID				 |  unreality

HRG					  |  SomeGuy as DL (success!)

Sylar					 |  Player Targeted

---------------------------------------------

Kill						|  YS

Secondary Ability   |  Isaac

Heroes				  |  Player Targeted

---------------------------------------------

Nathan				  |  Kat

Hiro					  |  Kat (PM dies)

Claire				   |  ST

DL						|  YS

[u]Day 3[/u]:

Injected:  Slick

--------------------------------------------------------------

Molly					 |  DL

Matt					  |  YS

[u]Night 4[/u]:

Company Kill:  PT

Heroes				  |  Player Targeted

Hiro					  |  CL(Kat dies)

Ted					  |  Sinistral

[u]Day 4[/u]:

Injected:  Itachi (heads)

Company RID:  YS

--------------------------------------------------------------

Molly						|  YS

Matt					  |  CL

However, if I were the Company at the beginning (and I didn't really start thinking this until the end), and Candice was going to get injected, I would have made her appear as HRG. That way you wouldn't have to explain away being a goodie (that someone else already was), and the goodies wouldn't have wanted you to die.

However, if I were the Company at the beginning (and I didn't really start thinking this until the end), and Candice was going to get injected, I would have made her appear as HRG. That way you wouldn't have to explain away being a goodie (that someone else already was), and the goodies wouldn't have wanted you to die.

Oh there were several alternate scenarios that I had played out afterward.

Oh man I was laughing so hard during the inject me/what's slick's affiliation. See Y-san you really can't read too much into what I say. Unlike some, I rarely put clues in my posts. ;)

Actually...the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (finally ;))...is that I was waiting for your reaction...and the fact that you admitted the Slick thing was a bluff was another bluff and I figured he was probably innocent (and Claire based on his Day 1 comment)...however...then GC made his ghost post which implied GC himself was Company and Slick was Claire...and so I had to adjust to try to ignore that to preserve the integrity of the game as I saw it...so...basically you did give yourself away again :P...you're just lucky I'm a Hero at heart ;P

Yeah, that was another thing I learned during this game. Specifically: Everyone is going to lie. Therefore it's important to think about what questions you ask, and how you ask them. That way, no matter if you get the truth or a lie, you're getting information.

Anyways, great game all! Many thanks to Frost and Bb for making it...I had a lot of fun :D.

Prof. T, thanks for making the game interesting ;P. I saw what you were doing immediately...since I had been planning on doing pretty much the same thing...there was no way I was going to attack you ;)...I just said that about Niki to try to stay the 'lynch Prof. T' campaign... B))

SomeGuy, you were a great partner, and it was great working with you. Thanks for putting up with all my crazy schemes ;P.

Itachi, thanks for making the game...challenging :rolleyes: ...but seriously...I ended up enjoying it all the more b/c of that :D. Although if I had been Sylar...I wouldn't have tried so hard to provoke the Company and purposely try to get myself attacked... :lol:

And it appears Sinistral was being really sneaky after all...;P. Haha...after Night 2 I told Frost that I thought Sylar was good and making all the same moves I would have...hence I thought it was Sinistral...great playing...I bet with our combined powers we kept Frost's inbox full...;P

ST, great playing...you had me fooled...I thought you were Ted...I was surprised when you turned out to be Parkman...but all's well that ends well ;P...sorry about the 'lovely threat'...although it did save your butt...;P

CL, thanks for always being the reasonable, intelligent one ;)...great job putting an end to Sylistral... :lol:

Unreality...uh...I think I may have gotten you killed...sorry about that...although I was surprised you didn't save yourself on Night 3...

I was really sad Bb didn't get to play along with us though...it was partially his game as well...maybe that's partially why I went after the Company with such a vengeance :P.

Company, well played...you got unlucky on Day 1...the voting and Impervious getting caught basically outed all of you :ph34r:...

Anyways...thanks Frost for everything...including bringing me back to life to kick the final Company @$$ ;P...thanks everyone for making the game so good!

The rest of the Heroes, well played as well

Edited by Yoruichi-san

1. Akaslickster-voting for Star Tiger

Thank-you again to Frost for a great game!

Impervious, you don't know how much head banging I did when you appeared as Parkman ;) I was tempted to say that he could have been Candice, but Y-san beat me to it (and thanks so much for finding the truth about Impervious, Y-san!)

Oh, and couldn't help mentioning, Y-san, your prove-you-are-Matt order was very difficult...something about 1st letter of second word following the sentence with the word time has to correspond with the number of the person I spied on in the roster... :wacko: I was thinking about how to write it out through my whole geo test :P

Great job, everyone! :D

OOOh, I would have tied the vote. Good thing it ended before I woke up.

Frost, that was an excellent story/game. Thanks a million. Epic to say the least. I enjoyed this sooooo much. I am extra happy to live until the end. Great game everyone! Hope to join in on the next one.

BTW, yes, again I fooled people with my idiotic posts. I tried to be outed earlier, but that would have been dangerous.

I saved well but not enough so sorry for not saving righteously.

HEROES WIN HOORAY!!!

Edited by akaslickster