BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I had actually been thinking of making this topic for a while, but I never really got around to it. But considering how much people have been discussing Heroes in the Mafia Discussion thread just because I said I made a game based off of Heroes, I figure I might as well post it. So those of you that were discussing there, start discussing here.

This topic is for everything Heroes: favorite heroes and episodes, ideas, predictions, etc.

A couple rule type things:

- Don't insult people's opinions. You may disagree with someone's opinion, but don't argue about it.

- For spoilers, predictions, etc. please use spoiler boxes. This should be obvious, but it's important, no one wants the show ruined for them.

Anyway, discuss! There is a lot to talk about with Heroes. And if there are any ideas for what to discuss, feel free. I kinda just put this together in the last 10 minutes, so it's not incredibly well thought out. Oh well. :P

Oh yeah, and Season 3 starts at 8PM TOMORROW NIGHT! WOO!

I can't wait! B))

• Answers 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, luckily for the Heroes...Sylar is too busy seeking revenge on Papa Head-opener to bother with them...maybe he's reached the 'equilibrium' power state...where he has enough power that he doesn't want any more powers and therefore won't kill the other Heroes unless they provoke him...

Oh...and does Papa have a return policy? ;P

I wish he didn't have a head-opener ability (aka telekinesis)... Sylar acquired that ability, it's not genetic... this show... :rolleyes:

I wish he didn't have a head-opener ability (aka telekinesis)... Sylar acquired that ability, it's not genetic... this show... :rolleyes:

True, however his father having that ability will probably show him the errors of his ways. Also, it is highly possible that his dad acquired that ability as well, one never knows.

True, however his father having that ability will probably show him the errors of his ways. Also, it is highly possible that his dad acquired that ability as well, one never knows.

ehh... Sylar got lucky when he was able to take the telekinetic ability. I doubt anyone else could be so lucky so come across such a docile telekineticist... telekineticitian... telekinecian... :wacko:

what do you call a person with telekinetic abilities?

Anyways, I wonder what happens if Peter borrows Andro's ability, then they both shock someone (like Hiro) together? Would that give Hiro a sort of jump-start to allow him to do his thing again?

ehh... Sylar got lucky when he was able to take the telekinetic ability. I doubt anyone else could be so lucky so come across such a docile telekineticist... telekineticitian... telekinecian... :wacko:

Anyways, I wonder what happens if Peter borrows Andro's ability, then they both shock someone (like Hiro) together? Would that give Hiro a sort of jump-start to allow him to do his thing again?

well in Supernatural it's just The Telekinetic, it's like moose..or something like that :P

interesting thought on the double boost. Perhaps hiro could go back and stop arthur from taking his abilities, then again that would completely change the future....

Maybe it will be a paradox and Hiro will return from the future to transfer his ability to himself :lol:

wait... I know how to solve Hiro and Peter's problems! Make a new Heroes Hybrid and they will copy your ideas again ;)

Speaking of that, I love how there's no explanation of why Peter can only use one power at a time. he just explains it like it's part of the rules of a mafia-type game, it's really funny actually.

Maybe it will be a paradox and Hiro will return from the future to transfer his ability to himself :lol:

wait... I know how to solve Hiro and Peter's problems! Make a new Heroes Hybrid and they will copy your ideas again ;)

Ahhhh! I think you figured it out!

1) Hiro was removed from the Hybrid game... and he was then removed from the show (pretty much).

2) Same with Sylar. Took him out of the mix in Hybrid, and now he is not part of the normal interactions in the show.

3) Peter was reduced to only handle the ability of the person he came in contact with in the game. The show followed.

4) Mohinder was introduced in Hybrid as a way to boost the Hero abilities. However, this occurred after the show had given Mohinder an ability, so instead they made it so Ando would be able to boost other heroes!

Crap, I'm so sorry for twisting up the show so bad everyone! :P

Now... what can I do to fix it... :rolleyes: (unless of course you like the current changes :P)

Edited by Brandonb

1) Hiro was removed from the Hybrid game... and he was then removed from the show (pretty much).

2) Same with Sylar. Took him out of the mix in Hybrid, and now he is not part of the normal interactions in the show.

3) Peter was reduced to only handle the ability of the person he came in contact with in the game. The show followed.

4) Mohinder was introduced in Hybrid as a way to boost the Hero abilities. However, this occurred after the show had given Mohinder an ability, so instead they made it so Ando would be able to boost other heroes!

Now... what can I do to fix it... :rolleyes: (unless of course you like the current changes :P )

New Heroes Hybrid! *Wonders if the "Heroes" writers read Brainden* There's GOT to be an explaination :P

<(^-^)>

Actually...I kind of think it might be cause and effect in a way..

.like the telekinetic was the first one he killed...and the reason he wanted the telekinetic ability so badly (badly enough to kill for it) might be b/c of his subconscious memories of his father...perhaps if the first person with an ability he met hadn't been a telekinetic, he wouldn't have killed that person...perhaps seeing the telekinetic and being reminded of his father is what triggered the repressed rage that cause his desire to kill...to get revenge on his father...maybe by killing the telekinetic he subconsciously thought he was killing his father...but after he did the kill...since it wasn't his father, he wasn't satisfied...and perhaps the reason his 'hunger' never seems to be satisfied is b/c he actually is hungering for revenge...although at least part of his 'hunger' seems to be caused by growing up 'not being good enough' for his adopted parents (aka his purchasers)...and probably seeing his father use the telekinetic ability that way is what made him think of using it to open heads...

I think it's just 'telekinetic'...

They would keep boosting each others power until their heads exploded. :o

Or...until the audience got bored and changed the channel..XP

...or maybe they'd have to rename the show: HeroesballZ :rolleyes:

Now... what can I do to fix it... :rolleyes: (unless of course you like the current changes :P)

Ooh...say...you know what you need to put into the next Hybrid?

...a smart, funny asian girlfriend who spells things out with the periodic table...;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

...a smart, funny asian girlfriend who spells things out with the periodic table...;P

you'd have to fight over him with a young psychotic Mormon girl who is not afraid to shank you.

;)

And no, I'm not talking about me. My friend Jordan...she's so WEIRD...

Fixed broken quote box.

Edited by Kay

Oh yeah, and is anyone else wondering...why the babysitter ran away? ;P

The previews show it to be Parkman's son...so...I wonder what powers it has?

Oh, and Kay, good news for your friend...I broke up with Peter ;) ...I've fallen in love in with someone else...who has a bigger bank account :D

who, nathan?

Lol...it took me a moment to figure out what this meant...but well, seeing as he's soon to join the ranks of the hunted...I don't think he'll be utilizing his bank accounts anytime soon :rolleyes:

But no, my guy is a real Prince ;P.

Oh yeah, anyone else wondering why daddy Sylar lost his telekinetic power and had to resort to manual head-opening (or at least attempting it)?

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Lol...it took me a moment to figure out what this meant...but well, seeing as he's soon to join the ranks of the hunted...I don't think he'll be utilizing his bank accounts anytime soon :rolleyes:

But no, my guy is a real Prince ;P.

Oh yeah, anyone else wondering why daddy Sylar lost his telekinetic power and had to resort to manual head-opening (or at least attempting it)?

Yeah I was wondering about a few things.

1) That Sylar's dad was going to use a knife? When in the scene where he killed Sylar's mom, he obviously just used his finger like Sylar does. Where did his telekinetic power suddenly go?

2) He told Sylar that he had no desire to have an ability to heal, then attacked Sylar from behind. Where did Sylar's lie-detector power suddenly go?

3) Sylar's father said he had quite a collection of abilities. Yet he was rotting in a shack, not using them. Sylar then left him alive... Where did Sylar's desire to obtain high-potential unused abilities suddenly go?

4) When Sylar copied Elle's ability, he didn't need to cut her open. Like all other abilities (by using his original ability) he figured out how to do it (and he has a perfect memory after killing the diner red-head, so we know he hasn't forgotten). So where did Sylar's ability to remotely obtain powers go?

5) Whatever happened to microwave-boy? I thought he was supposed to be Sylar's bro!?

#4 - dunno, maybe Sylar can only do that to people he has a connection with, or he didn't bother spending energy learning how to do that and reverted back to his old killing self :P Straightforward, fast, and something he's used to :)

1) That Sylar's dad was going to use a knife? When in the scene where he killed Sylar's mom, he obviously just used his finger like Sylar does. Where did his telekinetic power suddenly go?

Perhaps it's based on memory after all. If his dad hasn't used an ability or a while and since he's old (bad memory kicks in) he forgot how to use it.

2) He told Sylar that he had no desire to have an ability to heal, then attacked Sylar from behind. Where did Sylar's lie-detector power suddenly go?

Perhaps at that exact moment he wasn't lying, but seeing Sylar's healing ability in action he had a change of heart. Much like Sylar has done several times in the series.

3) Sylar's father said he had quite a collection of abilities. Yet he was rotting in a shack, not using them. Sylar then left him alive... Where did Sylar's desire to obtain high-potential unused abilities suddenly go?

Well, one, when they had that father-son bonding moment stuffing that rabbit, Sylar realized how pathetic it was to go after obviously weaker prey, and, in a way, what he did was worse than killing him instantly.

4) When Sylar copied Elle's ability, he didn't need to cut her open. Like all other abilities (by using his original ability) he figured out how to do it (and he has a perfect memory after killing the diner red-head, so we know he hasn't forgotten). So where did Sylar's ability to remotely obtain powers go?

See Star's explanation.

5) Whatever happened to microwave-boy? I thought he was supposed to be Sylar's bro!?

Sylar left him at the restaurant. I'm guessing he didn't want to see him kill so as to provide a good example (go figure)

Bb see the spoiler for my responses

Bb see the spoiler for my responses

Perhaps it's based on memory after all. If his dad hasn't used an ability or a while and since he's old (bad memory kicks in) he forgot how to use it.

Perhaps at that exact moment he wasn't lying, but seeing Sylar's healing ability in action he had a change of heart. Much like Sylar has done several times in the series.

Well, one, when they had that father-son bonding moment stuffing that rabbit, Sylar realized how pathetic it was to go after obviously weaker prey, and, in a way, what he did was worse than killing him instantly.

See Star's explanation.

Sylar left him at the restaurant. I'm guessing he didn't want to see him kill so as to provide a good example (go figure)

Yeah, I guess I can see that with #'s 1&2.

I would surely expect him to value the undefined mass of abilities that the father had obtained much more than the father's suffering...

but then again, I'm starting be think that Sylar has given up taking abilities since he most surely would've wanted Arthur's ability... but never bothered with it. Maybe he really is turning over a new leaf. Maybe he's going to become a hero? The next Peter Petrelli? :huh:

nahh :rolleyes:

I would surely expect him to value the undefined mass of abilities that the father had obtained much more than the father's suffering...

but then again, I'm starting be think that Sylar has given up taking abilities since he most surely would've wanted Arthur's ability... but never bothered with it. Maybe he really is turning over a new leaf. Maybe he's going to become a hero? The next Peter Petrelli? :huh:

I dunno, it's still a possibility I wouldn't rule out. Remember the episodes from the future. The episode could have been the catalyst to his him beginning to change.

So was I the only one cracking up at Angela Patrelli whit the way she responded to the the hunter?

Yeah I was wondering about a few things.

1) That's what I want to know.

2) I agree with Impervious...he changed his mind.

3) Personally, I think Sylar's not done with his father yet (especially considering the actor is John Glover ;) ). Sylar didn't want to give his father a quick, easy death...he wants to 'show' his father the monster he created in Sylar and may want to see some sign of repentance in his father for unleashing that monster into the world...so Sylar can get a sense of closure for this father hunt. Or maybe it's b/c, as he was telling Luke, his 'purpose' now is to find his father, and with his father dead, he wouldn't know what to do...so he's leaving him alive until he can find a new mission in life.

4) They said it had to do with 'empathy', and when Sylar copied Elle, he was allowing himself to 'feel her pain'. Now that Sylar's back to being a sycho-killer, he doesn't empathize anymore :P .

5) What Impervious said.

I dunno, it's still a possibility I wouldn't rule out. Remember the episodes from the future. The episode could have been the catalyst to his him beginning to change.

So was I the only one cracking up at Angela Patrelli whit the way she responded to the the hunter?

No, I think that particular future was destroyed when he killed Elle...

:lol: , that will be quite the nightmare starter :P Sylar's definitely changed with saving the microwave guy and various othr small things, but I wouldn't go that far...then again, it could happen :o

No, I think that particular future was destroyed when he killed Elle...

Well, I'm not exactly sure if there was a defined turning point...

:lol: , that will be quite the nightmare starter :P Sylar's definitely changed with saving the microwave guy and various othr small things, but I wouldn't go that far...then again, it could happen :o

Well, I'm not exactly sure if there was a defined turning point...

Well, based on the age of Sylar's son in the future...the timing would have been right for Elle...and it seems the empathy thing died with Elle...