BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I'm a really happy person and I'm trying to expand my playlist to include tons of happy or mellow songs. If you have any on your mind that just inspire high energy or just your fave song in the world please post!

Calabria by Enur

Happiness runs by Donovan

No repeats!

25 answers to this question

I don't think that's their latest CD, but yeah, Coldplay is pretty good. You'd probably like Till Kingdom Come or White Shadows

I like Finger Eleven a lot, but that doesn't sound like your type of music. Maybe some U2? Love and Peace or Else, Beautiful Day... U2 has a lot of even-mellower stuff. I'm trying to think of really happy music - maybe some Barney, Best Hits? lol :D

Apaarently i don't listen to much happy music lol thers none on my ipod! but for mellow try José Gonzales, and also try Glen Hansard and the soundtrack to the film Once...

O actually for happy music you can't beat 'Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel'.. just youtube a few of their stuff :)

Add to that: Patrick Wolf -The Magic Position :)

btw.. i hate U2 :lol:

Edit to add: 'Noah and the Whale - 5 years time' is officially thee happiest song ever :D

Edited by Joe's Student

umm.. Well, there's this Runs N Roses song that has a pretty upbeat and happy tempo. But I can't remember the name.

It's about how this guy's lover complains and bickers too much, so he kills her and buries her in his backyard.

yeah..

but the tempo's happy!

Apaarently i don't listen to much happy music lol thers none on my ipod! but for mellow try José Gonzales, and also try Glen Hansard and the soundtrack to the film Once...

O actually for happy music you can't beat 'Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel'.. just youtube a few of their stuff :)

Add to that: Patrick Wolf -The Magic Position :)

btw.. i hate U2 :lol:

Edit to add: 'Noah and the Whale - 5 years time' is officially thee happiest song ever :D

I looked up the Noah and the whale thing and freaked out. I freaked like nobody's business. I sing, play the ukulele, and the violin, and give lessons on all of those! That's awesome I actually just decided that I'm going to make my own recording of this :)

Happy & upbeat, huh? I'll go alphabetically through my MP3 librabry:

Basically anything by Abba

Barenaked Ladies - "If I had a million dollars"

Bowling for Soup has some fun stuff

I'm not at all into country..but I love Brad Paisley's song "Ticks"

Caedmon's Call: "Thankful", "Bus Driver", "There You Go"

Cars - "You Might Think", and several others

"Cuppy Cake Song" I have no listed artist because it is a recording someone did of their kid singing...it makes me smile every time!

Dane Zanes - "Smile Smile Smile" big stars for this one!!

Everclear - "Santa Monica"

Glen Phillips -"Everything but You" and "Thank You"

Hollies - "Jesus was a Crossmaker"

Indigo Girls - "Closer to Fine", "Least Complicated"

Johnny Cash - "I've been Everywhere"

Kimya Dawson - "So Nice So Smart" & "Tire Swing" (both from Juno soundtrack)

King Missle - "Cheesecake Truck"

Kinks - "Picture Book"

Lou Bega - "Mambo #5"

Mighty Might Bosstones - "Where'd You Go?"

The Monkees!

Natalie Merchant - "Wonder"

Paul Westerberg - "Dyslexic Heart". "Waiting for Somebody" (from Singles soundtrack)

Pete Townsend - "Let My Love Open the Door"

Police - "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic"

Presidents of the United States of America - "Peaches"

Proclaimers - "I'm Gonna Be"

Sarah McLachlan - "Building a Mystery"

Sixpence None the Richer - "kiss Me"

SuperTramp - "Give a Little Bit"

The Nails - "88 Lines about 44 Women" (kind of crude, but fun to listen to)

They Might Be Giants - darn near everything, but my favorites are: "Birdhouse in your soul", "Cap'm", "Particle Man", "Why Does the Sun Shine" and "Women and Men"

U2 (who happens to by MY favorite :) ) - "Hallelujah, Here She Comes", "The Sweetest Thing", "Yahweh", "The Fly"

Uncle Earl - "Last Goodbye", "One True"

Van Morrison - "Brown-Eyed Girl"

Waterdeep - "Good Good End"

White Stripes - "We're Going to Be Friends" (from Napoleon Dynomite soundtrack)

Wreckless Eric - "Whole Wide World"

Sorry, I hope that's not overkill. I just love music, so this was a fun question to respond to. ENJOY!

The most entertaining music videos ever!

Men Without Hats - "Safety Dance" (Strangely compelling...)

Blur - "

" (WARNING: You may cry at the end)

Black Eyed Peas - "Pump It"

Tommy Seebach - "Apache" (Ahahahahaaa!!! So wrong, it's almost right)

Still not got a smile on your face? What's wrong with you?

All right then, listen to these...

Muse - Hysteria, Knights of Cydonia, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole (etc, etc... best band ever)

Barry White - You're the First, the Last, My Everything (oh yes, you know you love it)

Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (and the rest of the Kill Bill soundtrack, it's incredible)

Foo Fighters - Long Road To Ruin

Stevie Wonder - Superstition

Maximo Park - Our Velocity

Alela Diane - The Pirate's Gospel

Getting a bit less cheerful:

Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter

Johnny Cash - Hurt

Keane - Everybody's Changing

Anthony and the Johnsons - Hope Theres Someone

Colin Hay - Overkill (acoustic version)

And at the risk of stating the obvious, the greatest piece of music ever created...

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Johnny Cash - Hurt

a bit less...meaning you'll need a presciption for Prozac

And at the risk of stating the obvious, the greatest piece of music ever created...

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

...you might as well start fashioning your noose! (but I agree, "Comfortably Numb" is high up in the rankings of great songs!!)

EDIT: That "Safety Dance" video was AWESOME! "strangely compelling" is the perfect way to describe it!! :D

Edited by puzzlegirl

Muse - Hysteria, Knights of Cydonia, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole (etc, etc... best band ever)

Barry White - You're the First, the Last, My Everything (oh yes, you know you love it)

Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (and the rest of the Kill Bill soundtrack, it's incredible)

Foo Fighters - Long Road To Ruin

Stevie Wonder - Superstition

Maximo Park - Our Velocity

Alela Diane - The Pirate's Gospel

Johnny Cash - Hurt

I LOVE MUSE!!!! Saw them at Oxegen 07' = unbelievable, although wouldn't call them cheerful and definitely not mellow :P

N Anthony from AatJ's voice is so unique i love their sound! :D

Edited by Joe's Student

I LOVE MUSE!!!! Saw them at Oxegen 07' = unbelievable, although wouldn't call them cheerful and definitely not mellow :P
Check out the crowd here, they seem cheerful enough! Maybe not so mellow though. Muse are just ridiculously good, it shouldn't be allowed. Not fair on other bands. I saw them live at Verona Arena last year. Truly mindblowing.

"Canonball" by the Breeders is a super-fun song to listen to
Loving that.

Also the Everclear song, and the Bosstones. Not enough Ska in the world these days, if you ask me. Speaking of such, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2iYEyxMpak's a cracking Italian cover of... I won't say what, cos it took me a while to figure it out.

Another thing I'm loving at the moment is Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire. Caleb Followill's voice sounds fantastic in that.

Oh, Puzzlegirl, I nearly forgot. Have you heard the album "No!" from They Might Be Giants? It's got some great kid-friendly songs on it. I like Fibber Island, Lazyhead and Sleepybones, and Bed Bed Bed.

Oh, Puzzlegirl, I nearly forgot. Have you heard the album "No!" from They Might Be Giants? It's got some great kid-friendly songs on it. I like Fibber Island, Lazyhead and Sleepybones, and Bed Bed Bed.

HA! That's awesome!! My favorites are "I Am not Your Broom" and "Clap Your Hands" (which was actually featured on an episode of Sesame Street!) Good Call, O-Pup!

A couple more top notch music vids popped into my head;

The Chemical Brothers - "

The robot thing works so well with the music

and while we're on the whole waking-nightmare theme, here's a classic in case someone hasn't seen it;

Basement Jaxx - "

Since we've stumbled onto kid music...you can't beat the VeggieTales. Their music is not only upbeat and fun for kids, but hilarious for adults as well (in fact, they purposely target their adult audience becuase they know us parents have to listen to the songs over and over again, so we might as well enjoy them.)

There are tons of great VeggieTales songs although the best of the best are on the album "Silly Songs with Larry." Here's my personal favorite:

Some others worth downloading are: "I Love My Lips", "Oh, Santa" and "The Hairbrush Song"

Have fun! :D

Since we've stumbled onto kid music...you can't beat the VeggieTales. Their music is not only upbeat and fun for kids, but hilarious for adults as well (in fact, they purposely target their adult audience becuase they know us parents have to listen to the songs over and over again, so we might as well enjoy them.)

There are tons of great VeggieTales songs although the best of the best are on the album "Silly Songs with Larry." Here's my personal favorite:

Some others worth downloading are: "I Love My Lips", "Oh, Santa" and "The Hairbrush Song"

Have fun! :D

:lol: I like that, sure me boy will too, he's a bit of a pirate.

Kind of reminds me of Never Go To Work

For a change of pace, if you want to chill out to some great ambient music check out these artists:

Bjork

Aphex Twin (not all ambient) - try "Avril 14th" for a start

Amon Tobin

Boards of Canada - "Music is Math" is my favorite

Plaid

Enigma

Trent Reznor (not all ambient of course, but his new album Ghosts is amazing)

Imogen Heap

Ladytron

Radiohead and Pink Floyd obviously, my favorite albums are probably Amnesiac, KidA and Meddle

A couple more top notch music vids popped into my head;

The Chemical Brothers - "

The robot thing works so well with the music

and while we're on the whole waking-nightmare theme, here's a classic in case someone hasn't seen it;

Basement Jaxx - "

Nice, I love Chemical Brothers and Crystal Method too.

is my favorite Chem. Bros. video

edit:

B)) ... - "The Test" is really quite something, well all their videos are I guess ;)

I like 3 Days Grace......i have an odd mix. heres what i have:

barenaked ladies (am i spelling it right - the 1,000,000$$ song)

3 days grace

keane

the killers

beatles

beach boys

pink

madonna w/ justin timberlake

akon

kardinal official (dangerous)

sarah barellies

cats (brodway)

lotta brodway

even more brodway

nickleback

Jouney

flo rida

and more.......

I'm a really happy person and I'm trying to expand my playlist to include tons of happy or mellow songs. If you have any on your mind that just inspire high energy or just your fave song in the world please post!

Calabria by Enur

Happiness runs by Donovan

No repeats!

My favorite mellows are instrumental. I love Marc Antoine, he plays guitar and Dave Koz plays sax and I love Chris Botti on trumpet. Mindy Abair also blows a mean sax and Craig Chaciquo (I think it's spelt) He's a guitarist who used to play with Jefferson Starship. I love the song Sacred Ground, that song got me into 'smooth jazz' in the first place.

I also love Incubus but their lyrics aren't so 'happy' but I love the music!

Lastly, Mozart's symphony's are always upbeat and happy, try a Little Night Music or Symphony #40 :)