BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Math Camp is a place were you can find out how smart you really are. You will be put into two teams and each day there will be a new problem. Here are the rules

1. Only time to pm is before a challenge.

2. No dicussing answer till every one has pmed me their answer.

3. The first team to pm all correct answers will

More rules will be posted later sing up now.

10 players min 20 players max

• Answers 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know a lot of good math. I can help you, although I will not help my team. Should I?? Will logarithms work?

EDIT:typo

Edited by SillouhetteMind

So what are the teams ? :D Couldn't login until now .

I am sure SK will come out with much tougher ones . It wouldn't be a bad idea SK , if you had a quality math puzzle book and give those puzzles . Personally , I feel math questions take a little too much time to prepare by ourselves . :)

Actually, logarithms would not be that hard to make, we could use log tables, there are plenty on the internet! ;)

We need to do one of 2 things.

a) Limit ourselves to math puzzles which do not require formal math education.

b) Eliminate people who HAVE math education (like me) and have them frame questions instead.

Otherwise, a question like "Prove the Korselt criterion" would take me 5 minutes and a high schooler much longer simply because of the knowledge required (as opposed to pure mathematical skills)

Cheers!

--

Vig

Start posting in Math Camp and please if you are not playing don not post usally i would let it slide but it is unreality and we know how much he hates ppl messing up games

Edited by sagekid

how about continued fractions? complex number systems? absolute value theta angles? complex-imaginary trigonometric equations? matrices? vector fields? derivatives? integrals? sigma operations and other complicated operations? l33t riddles? all mixed together in uber-awesome math problems ;D

Ok. THAT, I do not know. But I completely agree with Kingofpain. We should choose simpler problems.