BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

It's pretty straight forward. Decode the message, each letter is consistantly replaced by a different letter in the alphabet.

And don't forget the spoilers!

EQ NCP JGZ HIGX SAEO SAIZ NCP OACPYX JCRI GZX OEBZ PM QCH RGQEG MGHS SAHII EZ SAI QCHPR JGYYIX CSAIHO.

ES EO G QPZ BGRI GZX ES SGDIO G BCCX GRCPZS CQ YCBEJ GZX HIGOCZEZB.

look for double letters and identical words to start things off or speed things up.

16 answers to this question

EQ NCP JGZ HIGX SAEO SAIZ NCP OACPYX JCRI GZX OEBZ PM QCH RGQEG MGHS SAHII EZ SAI QCHPR JGYYIX CSAIHO.

IF YOU CAN READ THIS THEN YOU SHOULD COME AND SIGN UP FOR MAFIA PART THREE IN THE FORUM CALLED OTHERS. IT IS A FUN GAME AND IT TAKES A GOOD AMOUNT OF LOGIC AND REASONING.

IF YOU CAN READ THIS THEN YOU SHOULD COME AND SIGN UP FOR MAFIA PART THREE IN THE FORUM CALLED OTHERS. IT IS A FUN GAME AND IT TAKES A GOOD AMOUNT OF LOGIC AND REASONING.

Yes , that could certainly be it . Good work , Chaplam. :lol:

Guess you have taken over the advertising campaign , Brandon . :P Good one , Brandon .

This actually reminded me of the puzzles in the St. Petersburg times.

They have a "translator" like this in their crossword and puzzle section, but it often includes famous quotes instead of advertisements. =)

A=H

B=G

C=O

D=K

E=I

G=A

H=R

I=E

J=C

M=P

N=Y

O=S

P=U

Q=F

R=M

S=T

X=D

Y=L

Z=N

ANSWER:

If you can read this then you should come and sign up for mafia part three in the forum called others.

It is a fun game and it takes a good amount of logic and reasoning.

How I got it:

I started with "G". Since it was the only letter on its own, it had to be (as far as I know) either "a" or "i".

Since GZX appeared a number of times, "G" had to be "a" (unless the phrase heavily relied on the word ice)

That gave me "Z" and "X" as well.

From there, I noticed that several different two-letter words starting with "E". "i" is a very common letter for two-letter words, so I plugged that in

SAI appeared often as well, with a few similar words to it mixed in (i.e. SAIZ and SAHII) so I figured that SAI was "the" and SAIZ would eventually be "them" or "then".

The phrase "a ---d a---nt" came up in the answer, which I guessed would be "a good amount". I copied the whole puzzle and pasted it in a new sheet (so I could go back easily if I was wrong). It turned out to be right, so I kept going.

After that, it's obvious. :D

BTW, I realize that probably nobody cares "how I did it", but I'm proud of myself, so back off! :P

I knew that first thing but, did not take the time to word it out as we are recruiting. Please try it! You'll enjoy this role- play and see things you never saw before. I'm urging members to get to know, and meet other cool people, like in the other two stories. You can have a good time without getting off the chair. Exciting and mysterious as I would put it.

Edited by akaslickster

This actually reminded me of the puzzles in the St. Petersburg times.

They have a "translator" like this in their crossword and puzzle section, but it often includes famous quotes instead of advertisements. =)

No kidding! I used to live in St. Petersburg and solve their newspaper puzzles like this all the time! that's where I got the idea! The reason I labeled this as #1 is that I was planning on doing the exact same thing with the next puzzle (using famous quotes).

Edited by Brandonb

Yes , that could certainly be it . Good work , Chaplam. :lol:

Guess you have taken over the advertising campaign , Brandon . :P Good one , Brandon .

Thank you, it wasn't my idea though. I'm just copy-catting Unreality&Frost's idea of making a puzzle ad.

if you can read this then you should come and sign up for

mafia part three in the forum called others

it is a fun game and it takes a good amount of logic and

reasoning.