BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Question

Mafia III

Sign up now ;D 12 is the absolute minimum, though 15 is the real minimum. 18 would be awesome, and 21 is ideal for what I have in mind (more than 21 is even better tongue.gif)

Check out Mafia II for more information on what Mafia is, and the concepts and stuff:

Post #29 - Rules
Post #17 - Strategy Tips
Post #51 - Intro
Post #65 - A Wild Evening
Post #77 - The Blue Octane
Post #159 - To The Sharks!!!
Post #174 - Open Warfare
Post #338 - The Web of Lies
Post #360 - Last Girl Standing
Post #429 - A Firelit Lynching (& Epilogue)

I won't post the official rules and roles for Mafia III until I know how many people are playing, so sign up quick biggrin.gif

* Dnae is invincible for the first night and first day
* Puzzlegirl is invincible for the first night

(If you don't know, those two are invincible because they died first & second in Mafia II)

the roster:

Host: Unreality
1) dnae
2) puzzlegirl
3)

• Answers 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

* Town Crier - gets PMed a list of 3 logical statements every night. If the Town Crier PMs me back one of them in time, the Town Crier will announce that statement the next morning for the whole town to hear. The Town Crier can never (if they out themself) say what the other statements have been

This is similar to my idea, but does the town crier know the potential truth-value of those statements, or will people just have to figure that out for themselves? When I suggested it, I said that two statements would be false and one would be true, but it's up to the Town Crier to figure out which is which when he chooses which to be read. As it is, it seems a little vague. :huh:

I don't think the inspector outing himself was a bad thing, and it wasn't too easy. So what if he has been invincible? It's still been a pretty evenly matched game. It would have been MUCH harder if the Mafia hadn't taken out the Reaper the first night. Had that not happened, the inspector could still be alive at this point, but there wouldn't be much left.

I don't think the inspector outing himself was a bad thing, and it wasn't too easy. So what if he has been invincible? It's still been a pretty evenly matched game. It would have been MUCH harder if the Mafia hadn't taken out the Reaper the first night. Had that not happened, the inspector could still be alive at this point, but there wouldn't be much left.
Would have been interesting to see how it went if the inspector was not out, i wld not have come out (waves hand limply - he he or is it he she!!)

This does take yu away from all the other attactivites on the den

How about a blood hound or rottweiler/guard dog in the next one, leaving a nasty scar/limp

if you have an atheist maybe you should have a - delays or stops conversion, maybe can convert a baddie or bring his concious to play on the baddies mind - gets to got to prison instead of death

Maybe a mafia role can be held over night as a tactict too

I just thought of an idea for a role, not too sure on how it would work. Maybe someone that could somehow affect the voting pattern of people, like they could make it so if anyone votes for a specific person, their vote counts for another person, or some other way of manipulating the votes. It could really upset a lynch vote. They would be an innocent, obviously. B))

I just thought of an idea for a role, not too sure on how it would work. Maybe someone that could somehow affect the voting pattern of people, like they could make it so if anyone votes for a specific person, their vote counts for another person, or some other way of manipulating the votes. It could really upset a lynch vote. They would be an innocent, obviously. B))

haha, like the Politician or the Lobbiest :lol: :lol:

Lobbyist would be a good name for that... yeah I might consider it to replace one of the other 4 (possibly Town Crier... not sure)

btw there will be a short gap between III and IV, I can't take the constant Mafia ;D

Good, maybe I won't need to bail on the next game then :)

Good, maybe I won't need to bail on the next game then :)

And puzzlegirl wants to play, but can't before the 20th. I'd love to start one from the beginning, but I'd need a breather, too.

yeah my posts have been getting less and less creative since Mafia II and the beginnings of Mafia III lol, I need to recharge

Dont know how you manage it, it's not just supervision - it's being creative too, I like the idea of a change of theme for goodies n baddies bit like the Forbidden Planet based on the Tempest

Perhaps it can be like the TV series Lost in Space, with the anoying doctor smith - aliens here and there and a few visitors

Think I'll leave to unreality and shut up - wasn't defending my input and availability, just a heads up - maybe I'll put the kids in front of the tv over the weekend

Yeah, I really need a break from this game too, seeing as I have spent most of my time recently playing it. Hopefully my vacation doesn't get in the way of Mafia IV. B))

Now with fewer people this will be solved easier I wonder how long until the end. Just could not help why my internet was out but that could have been longer. All should read about it later. Plus I need those stupid flowers back until I come back from the gruesome grave. :lol:

Edited by akaslickster

when are you going on vacation?

Not really sure, it should be somewhere around early august, maybe a little earlier. If Mafia IV starts on the 20th I'll probably be fine, though I might have to work a few things out. Also, on the trip I should be able to get online, but it would probably only be about once a day(maybe twice) but not for long. B))

ok, it's fine then :P

btw, I'm thinking of putting something else instead of Town Crier

I think the Lobbyist would be a cool role, though I'm not sure in the exact way they would influence votes...maybe they get to change a specific person's, or decide beforehand on a specific person, and they can't be voted for or something like that. There are a lot of possibilities. B))

How about a role that they pick a name of who they think will be lynched but cant tell anyone just vote for them and if they get it right they cant die that night or day or something like that

Edited by sagekid