BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

hey guys, I need some help cracking these secret roles ;D they're part of a Mafia game I just joined on a LOST fansite called Lostpedia, and they're "secret" roles, though the Host gave us some clues as to what they are... maybe my fellow BrainDenizens can help me out :P

these are the secret roles:

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~/~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- XXX XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. ~~/~~~ ~~ aware ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

I'm thinking so far, for the second one:

- The XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. or/and ~~ aware that they are ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

some options I can think of for two-letter words:

to

or

an

is

it

of

I'm

AM

PM

FM

XM

• Answers 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Had to give my brain a break...haven't thought this hard since undergrad...;P

How about "instead" instead of ability (the Mayor's role talks about someone getting lynched instead). And the 9 letter word in front of the 's is probably a character...

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ the ~~~~~~~~~'s lynching instead.

- The Criminal: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ the ~~~~~~~~~'s lynching instead.

- The Criminal: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

9-letter words in green

hmmm

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ character's lynching instead.

The Criminal: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

I'm not sure that the end of the last sentence of role 1 makes sense grammatically though...

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ character's lynching instead.

The Criminal: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

(just added a "then" where it belongs)

hmmm

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ can prevent the character's lynching instead.

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

I'm not sure that the end of the last sentence of role 1 makes sense grammatically though...

It does this way...

nice!

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ can prevent the character's lynching instead.

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the Protector ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ can prevent the character's lynching instead.

nice!

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ the Mayor can prevent the ~~~~~~~~~'s lynching instead.

Ummm...I'm not sure about "character". I kinda think the 9 letter words are all referring to the 9 letter word in this guy's title....

you must not have seen my post :P together, I think we just cracked it ;D

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the Protector ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ the Mayor can prevent the Protector's lynching instead.

Lol...yeah, we're both thinking and posting so fast...hmm....maybe the 9 letter in the last sentence isn't the role's title, cuz how about:

you must not have seen my post :P together, I think we just cracked it ;D

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the Protector ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then if ~~~~ ~~~~~~ is killed the Mayor can prevent the Protector's lynching instead.

hmmmm, yeah. How about:

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the Protector ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then if that person is killed the Mayor can prevent the Protector's lynching instead.

hmmmm, yeah. How about:

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the Protector ~~~~ ~~~ protecting him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then if that person is killed the Mayor can prevent the Protector's lynching instead.

hmmmm, yeah. How about:

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the Protector ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then if that person is killed the Mayor can prevent the Protector's lynching instead.

Yeah...I was thinking that, but it doesn't really make sense...maybe it's not "is killed"...

But yeah, we make a pretty good team :D

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the Protector ~~~~ ~~~ protecting him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then if that person is killed the Mayor can prevent the Protector's lynching instead.

Ben Law, if that word is 'protecting', then there has to be a form of the verb "to be" in the two words before. ie, "am", "is", "are", "was", "were", etc

wait, it can't be "is killed", because if they are lynched they are definitely killed, know what I mean?

disputed stuff in red

the reason I put "Protector's" in red is cuz it could be the other 9-letter role from the first line

aha!

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the Protector must not ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then if that person is killed the Mayor can prevent the Protector's lynching instead.

how does "must not" sound?

what if "Protector's lynching instead" was actually "Protector's guarding ability"?

as for the 8-letter roles, there are three of them (different, I think) and the fourth is one of the earlier three, repeated. Except since the fourth is listed by itself, not "or" a fifth, I think the fourth is the same as the 1st, which would also make it the 5-letter thing that's being Protected

(if the person is a Protector at all)

what if "Protector's lynching instead" was actually "Protector's guarding ability"?

as for the 8-letter roles, there are three of them (different, I think) and the fourth is one of the earlier three, repeated. Except since the fourth is listed by itself, not "or" a fifth, I think the fourth is the same as the 1st, which would also make it the 5-letter thing that's being Protected

(if the person is a Protector at all)

Err..."lynching" is one of the given words...