BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

(1) Before we met, I was every color shown in light,

Now that you're gone, I'm just black and white.

(2) I was the one who captured you,

But now you have changed me, too.

(3) It's hard to think that as I grow,

You could and would actually slow.

(4) For you I'll translate,

If you can keep the date.

(5) I'll forever take your traces.

To countless far-away places.

We know that you'll never come back,

So we've come together as a pack.

But you will be the one who sees,

If they can discover our identities.

• Answers 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

These are long shots but worth the try. How about some clues if we are all completely off.

the spurner is Time

1, History, present is colorful while history is written black and white

2.a clock

3.the universe

4.a calendar

5. radio waves that transmit information through space

Was thinking this yesterday, but made the same mistake - no 1 is the wrong way round, but I feel it just needs tweeking

These are long shots but worth the try. How about some clues if we are all completely off.

the spurner is Time

1, History, present is colorful while history is written black and white

2.a clock

3.the universe

4.a calendar

5. radio waves that transmit information through space

Yay, you got the spurner right (if no one was close I was gonna suggest focusing on that part first, by looking at the "big picture" and hinting at the clues in the chorus...), but none of the spurned so far (although you may be close on some ;P)...keep trying! Now that you know who the spurner is, it should be easier to go back and figure out what fits for each spurned lover.

Was thinking this yesterday, but made the same mistake - no 1 is the wrong way round, but I feel it just needs tweeking

You're right, your thinking on #1 is the wrong way around...that should give you a hint...;P

Also, since firebirdaz didn't really explain how he got his answer, let me add this:

We know that you'll never come back, -Time can't move backwards (unfortunately...;P)

So we've come together as a pack.

But you will be the one who sees, -Time will see the progress of this puzzle...as well as everything else

My goal was to make you look at the whole picture to figure out who the "you" is, then go back and look at each rhyme carefully...

various people such as capernicus, hoyle and have to think back to some more Galileo perhaps - lovers of astronomy - leaves out hoyle I guess (named the big bang but was against it and also helped with the theory of matter to support it

good title if I'm in the zone

various people such as capernicus, hoyle and have to think back to some more Galileo perhaps - lovers of astronomy - leaves out hoyle I guess (named the big bang but was against it and also helped with the theory of matter to support it
good title if I'm in the zone

Not really, sorry...but I think the metaphor fits because it's something that waits for no one... ;P

Since people seem to be struggling, here's some advice: I crafted this riddle *very* carefully, so taking an "impressionistic" approach won't help...don't try to pick out particular words as keywords or anything (which I think is sending ppl on the wrong track...). Instead, look carefully at the meanings of each phrase. I promise the answers fit really well. :)

could use a hint but here goes

1. space - big bang is before time then when time is gone nothing but black adn white

2. a photograph- captures a "momemt in time" then fades as gets older

stuck ....

could use a hint but here goes
1. space - big bang is before time then when time is gone nothing but black adn white

2. a photograph- captures a "momemt in time" then fades as gets older

stuck ....

Okay, *fine* ;P

1. This is probably the hardest one, and the one I am most proud of

;). As mentioned before, people who guessed "history" had it inverted...that's all I'll say for now...I don't mind leaving this one for last.

2. firebirdaz, you're getting warmer...but I was thinking of more of a change than just fading...

3. This one is the most straightforward once you've figured out the spurner (which you have). You should be able to derive the answer ;).

4. I think you're thinking in the correct area on this one, but you may be misreading the clue...

5. Okay, firebirdaz, I think you have this one...just think more general :D.

Hopefully this will help some...but I'm not going to make this too easy for you guys, cuz I know how smart you guys are and how clever you can be when you try...so keep trying! ;P

I'm always trying to think of a SET of five ???

(2) I was the one who captured you, The sun, earth relationship ?

(3) It's hard to think that as I grow, similar gravity effect

(4) For you I'll translate, ?????

To countless far-away places. CMB radiation

So we've come together as a pack. Expanding universe

But you will be the one who sees, use of telescope maybe

Edited by Lost in space

Spoiler for "Is it...?":

Gravity

Sorry but i don't get how it could be gravity

I can't get any of them but i think the first one might be rain and the second one might be a memory

Edited by DebbieKoolBabez

Not sure about the rest, but I think I have this one now.

(3) It's hard to think that as I grow,

Speed or velocity? As an object approaches the speed of light (grows), time slows down for the object.

1. inverted history is the future?

2. television - still captures time but teh TV has changed over time

3. either velocity (which slows time as approaches the speed of light ) or gravity (which slows time to an outside observer)

4. history book - if you know the date then you can see what happened at that time

5. light - astronomers use light to "see" past time

I'm always trying to think of a SET of five ???

(2) I was the one who captured you, The sun, earth relationship ?

(3) It's hard to think that as I grow, similar gravity effect

(4) For you I'll translate, ?????

To countless far-away places. CMB radiation

So we've come together as a pack. Expanding universe

But you will be the one who sees, use of telescope maybe

No, it's not a set. The "so we've come together as a pack" is suppose to indicate that they normally don't come as a pack or a set...;) But I like how you're thinking...

Not sure about the rest, but I think I have this one now.

Speed or velocity? As an object approaches the speed of light (grows), time slows down for the object.

The "it's hard to think" part is kinda a hidden clue referring to the fact that Relativity can be a difficult concept to think about...it *did* take a genius (with really bad hair) to come up with it...;P

on my own']1. inverted history is the future? -yeah, you're thinking in the right direction, but you've got farther to go to get to the answer (I told you this one is tough ;P)

2. television - still captures time but teh TV has changed over time -umm, interesting thought, but its less of a stretch than that...

3. either velocity (which slows time as approaches the speed of light ) or gravity (which slows time to an outside observer) -yep, time slows as velocity or speed increases (but dawh beat you to it :P)

4. history book - if you know the date then you can see what happened at that time -i like that answer :), but not the interpretation of "translate" I was going for...

5. light - astronomers use light to "see" past time -yay, correct! Light (or electromagnetic radiation in general) carries traces of past events from countless distant galaxies and stars to us and everywhere else (unless it gets sucked up by a black hole first...;P)

Memory? Before we met would be processing and encoding an image into the brain. And after you’re gone is retrieval of stored memories. Since the brain cannot think in colors, or dream in colors it’s something like that, a memory is altered by the time it is over.

(4) For you I'll translate,

Half-life (and not the game, but radioactive decay)

Edited by Jahudo

1. I am still working on this one, thinking of a future event or dream - thinking of it now is colorful, once it occurs it is in my diary so it is just text, black and white

2.I am going back to my first answer. That is a clock or watch, it captures time then it gets changed by time with the movement of it's parts

3. we know that it is velocity

4.history book works so why ruin a good thing :P

5.light - I got this one already :D

Sorry but i don't get how it could be gravity

I can't get any of them but i think the first one might be rain and the second one might be a memory

Oops, missed this post before, sorry...

2 is indeed memory! A memory captures a moment in time, but time can change memories (particularly with the help of suggestion...), to the *bane* of the Justice System...

One of the things most strongly embedded in my own memory from Psychology...but I could be wrong ;P

1. was guessed memories

2. I guess video - degrades over time

3. was guessed velocity

4. I guess calendar - keep the date

5. was guessed light

2 is memories. 1 is yet unsolved (and difficult). Calender has been guessed for 4...that's why I think ppl are misreading the lines...think about it

;).

Can you just post a recap of what's been correctly guessed already? I'm getting lost in all these spoilers and hints...

Kk...

1. Unknown

Been guessed: history, rain, memory, sun, rainbow, widow, text, drawing/sketch, Catherine of Aragon, thoughts, sun dial, Copernicus, space, sun/earth, dream,

2. Memory

3. Velocity or speed

4. Unknown

Been guessed: calender, digital, Anne of Cleaves, mind, history book, half-life, language,

5. Light