BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

If you like chess or if you want to learn how to play, then post on this board to let other players know about your interest. Just as a suggestion, a site that is free to sign up for, doesn't require downloads, and allows you to choose your opponent can be found HERE. It would be easiest if you used the same screen name that you use here.

After you register on that website meet in the "rokitnik" room. ****Or whatever room you know to be empty most often Rookie****

I'm willing to play or to teach if you like. I'm not going to claim to be an expert, but I'm not bad (though maybe a little rusty :P ).

BTW, If you want to play, make sure you write up something on this thread that includes your screen name that you signed up for the chess site.

Edited by rookie1ja

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Good idea switching to Play ok. I tried a game of backgammon with this gent and I was having to play backwards than what I am used to and then everything got unexplainably deleted. I recommend using a separate window. Maybe that link was not enough. Now I will see if the chess is backwards to.lol

Well I'm back again. Not easy to understand some of them but, they are a smart group. Some times your games are timed and other times they're not. I'm still new to it, yet I have won a couple. Chess will take alot more work providing I can spare the time. Kudos to brandonb for introducing it. ;):D

Well I'm back again. Not easy to understand some of them but, they are a smart group. Some times your games are timed and other times they're not. I'm still new to it, yet I have won a couple. Chess will take alot more work providing I can spare the time. Kudos to brandonb for introducing it. ;):D
just a pointer or two for beginers,

Do not use the queen earley in the game it gets attacked and loses tempo while on the run, first queen moved looses usually

Pawn capture, if you have a choice of using two it's normally best to capture towards the centre, if in doubt - it will usually be the better choice

Anybody wanna play? I'm up for it pretty much all day. I played A-Slick a few days ago, and I hope the rest of you have picked up few games against eachother. Sorry I haven't been on much the last few days. I've been moving, now I'm engaged in the bargaining process with my wife as to how we decorate each room (I understand my best bet is to just let her have her way, however, she is a hairdresser so she has an abstract/modern approach to decoration so it doesn't agree with most of the arrangements/furniture in the house). ANYWAY! I will be on and ready for a few chess games in the next few games, not to mention, I will be getting back to "Deity System" very soon.

Edit: BTW, thank you Akaslickster, I'm very surprised that this hasn't come about earlier, but whatever. Hopefully these brilliant minds in brainden will join up for these nice little competitions of strategic competence, or even if they want to learn how to play. SERIOUSLY, I will teach whoever wants to learn in this nice anonymous environment so they can play confidently in real life circumstances. Just PM me or some of the others signed up for this activity. Everyone here is friendly... Even though I may not allow newbies to win against me, I will do my best to teach the basics of prediction and self-preservation . :D

Edited by Brandonb

I'm in as esjohnson.

What are your names there?

Lost in space

akaslickster

rookie1ja

grey cells

Ravi Brahmbhatt

sandmanchua

Brandonb

esjohnson - esjohnson

I have already registered . Same name , excluding the space . But unfortunately I lost the first game , didn't know there was time involved . Only saw it halfway through . But didn't go down without a fight , left only his 2 rooks intact with some pawns . Played an attacking game . But I am basically very , very defensive . :P

I have already registered . Same name , excluding the space . But unfortunately I lost the first game , didn't know there was time involved . Only saw it halfway through . But didn't go down without a fight , left only his 2 rooks intact with some pawns . Played an attacking game . But I am basically very , very defensive . :P

Sweet, yeah they are all timed. However, you can click on the "options" tab and make the game 60min with a 30sec addition (or something like that). So it's basically untimed if you do that.

Now I realize how much that I need help. DESPERATELY! If I can do what I did 8 years ago I''ll be happy to be that good. With this in addition to all the other things on-line, I need to be 5 people to keep up with everything. I will PM those on this list if they have the same time as I, for a game of chess or checkers or backgammon etc. Sorry if I don't have the time available. First, I want to know if it is ok to bug you once in a while. I'll wait for replies in this thread that ok me to bug them for a game.lol Back to the Mafia III>Later.

Now I realize how much that I need help. DESPERATELY! If I can do what I did 8 years ago I''ll be happy to be that good. With this in addition to all the other things on-line, I need to be 5 people to keep up with everything. I will PM those on this list if they have the same time as I, for a game of chess or checkers or backgammon etc. Sorry if I don't have the time available. First, I want to know if it is ok to bug you once in a while. I'll wait for replies in this thread that ok me to bug them for a game.lol Back to the Mafia III>Later.

bug me anytime (to play chess) ;) ... btw, central european time here

Yeah ! I am game . But sometimes I may have to cut college . :P Just kidding .

If I am around , you can PM me. :D

Just use the same login routine as for this Den. What could be wrong unless the server is acting up. I happen to have the slow-poke system for loading or entering especially jobnugget.com. :)
seems not to agree with any kind/lenght password - figure it out when im back