BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

If you like chess or if you want to learn how to play, then post on this board to let other players know about your interest. Just as a suggestion, a site that is free to sign up for, doesn't require downloads, and allows you to choose your opponent can be found HERE. It would be easiest if you used the same screen name that you use here.

After you register on that website meet in the "rokitnik" room. ****Or whatever room you know to be empty most often Rookie****

I'm willing to play or to teach if you like. I'm not going to claim to be an expert, but I'm not bad (though maybe a little rusty :P ).

BTW, If you want to play, make sure you write up something on this thread that includes your screen name that you signed up for the chess site.

Edited by rookie1ja

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

List of Players

Lost in space

akaslickster - akaslickster

rookie1ja - rookie1

grey cells

Ravi Brahmbhatt

sandmanchua

Brandonb - brandonb

esjohnson - esjohnson

sagekid

Trogdor

pw0nzd

lemonymelon-

To confirm you can paste and copy and type your name after the dash, and delete this sentence also.

Edited by akaslickster

List of Players

Lost in space

rookie1ja - rookie1

grey cells

Ravi Brahmbhatt

sandmanchua

Brandonb - brandonb

esjohnson - esjohnson

sagekid

Trogdor

pw0nzd

lemonymelon-lemonymelon

I tried to log in with my name but it was already taken by someone...

List of Players

Lost in space

rookie1ja - rookie1

grey cells - greycells

Ravi Brahmbhatt

sandmanchua

Brandonb - brandonb

esjohnson - esjohnson

sagekid

Trogdor

pw0nzd

lemonymelon-lemonymelon

cryptic chic - crypticchic

Nayana- augen

btw we play in rokitnik, right?

I tried to log in with my name but it was already taken by someone...

List of Players

Lost in space

rookie1ja - rookie1

grey cells - greycells

Ravi Brahmbhatt

sandmanchua

Brandonb - brandonb

esjohnson - esjohnson

sagekid

Trogdor

pw0nzd

lemonymelon-lemonymelon

Nayana- augen

btw we play in rokitnik, right?

You got it ;)

Lost in space

rookie1ja - rookie1

grey cells - greycells

Ravi Brahmbhatt

sandmanchua

Brandonb - brandonb

esjohnson - esjohnson

sagekid

Trogdor

pw0nzd

lemonymelon-lemonymelon

Nayana- augen

pieman

I'm sooooo down for this! Good call Brandon

Lost in space

rookie1ja - rookie1

grey cells - greycells

Ravi Brahmbhatt

sandmanchua

Brandonb - brandonb

esjohnson - esjohnson

sagekid

Trogdor

pw0nzd

lemonymelon-lemonymelon

Nayana- augen

pieman

itachi - sharinganeyez (i went through about 20 unavailable user-names. must be a lot of anime fans there...)

Hi everyone..I keep getting a db connection error everytime I try to get into the game site..I have tried a number of times since registering..anyone else having problems? :wacko:

My user name is displayed on the site after clicking the link...my password is autosaved..even happens when I try password recovery..aaggghhh..I only want a game of chess :unsure:

Hi everyone..I keep getting a db connection error everytime I try to get into the game site..I have tried a number of times since registering..anyone else having problems? :wacko:

My user name is displayed on the site after clicking the link...my password is autosaved..even happens when I try password recovery..aaggghhh..I only want a game of chess :unsure:

It happened the moment i won my first match... literally. my coincidence meter is in the red ;)

http://www.playok.com/intl/en/faq.phtml#a1

SO any one want to play me it doesnt matter how good you are it is just for fun :)

The basic idea is that if you are on and you want to play, then check out the list of people on this thread that are interested in playing. Then go check if any of them are online, if someone is then PM them to see if they want to play.

Thanks, that worked..have a new comp with Vista loaded and everything is set to security overdrive..all good now :D

The same thing happened with me too. So probably, the fault lies on their side.

180px-Benz-velo.jpgUpdating the list. Anyone want this for their avatar. It's yours.

Lost in space

rookie1ja - rookie1

grey cells - greycells

Ravi Brahmbhatt

sandmanchua

Brandonb - brandonb

esjohnson - esjohnson

sagekid

Trogdor

pw0nzd

lemonymelon-lemonymelon

Nayana- augen

pieman

itachi - sharinganeyez (

Edited by akaslickster

Just realised I had to add my name to the list, so doing it now. adding d00m5day as well :)

List of Players:

Lost in space

rookie1ja - rookie1

grey cells - greycells

Ravi Brahmbhatt

sandmanchua

Brandonb - brandonb

esjohnson - esjohnson

sagekid

Trogdor

pw0nzd

lemonymelon-lemonymelon

Nayana- augen

pieman

itachi - sharinganeyez (

Tearzz

d00m5day

Anybody wanna play? I'm up for it pretty much all day. I played A-Slick a few days ago, and I hope the rest of you have picked up few games against eachother. Sorry I haven't been on much the last few days. I've been moving, now I'm engaged in the bargaining process with my wife as to how we decorate each room (I understand my best bet is to just let her have her way, however, she is a hairdresser so she has an abstract/modern approach to decoration so it doesn't agree with most of the arrangements/furniture in the house). ANYWAY! I will be on and ready for a few chess games in the next few games, not to mention, I will be getting back to "Deity System" very soon.

Edit: BTW, thank you Akaslickster, I'm very surprised that this hasn't come about earlier, but whatever. Hopefully these brilliant minds in brainden will join up for these nice little competitions of strategic competence, or even if they want to learn how to play. SERIOUSLY, I will teach whoever wants to learn in this nice anonymous environment so they can play confidently in real life circumstances. Just PM me or some of the others signed up for this activity. Everyone here is friendly... Even though I may not allow newbies to win against me, I will do my best to teach the basics of prediction and self-preservation . :D

I signed up, same name as here. If anyone wants to play me let me know via PM or something, cause yeah I do a lot of things on the computer at once and am always logged into 10+ websites, not always checking all of them regularly