BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

Hey everyone :D I'm Unreality

I was one of the "original" people on BrainDen before its massive awesome boom, and I've seen it grow to this pwnage forum it is today ;D That's why I want everyone to introduce themselves... I was surprised that we don't have such a topic/forum/area/whatever :P

there's so many members, this'll be a good way to meet all of you

• Answers 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've got one word for you...Detox. I had to go through it last month after I had let BD take over my entire life. The detox process nearly killed me, but I am a better person and better BD member now because of it. And now I am able to use BD in moderation without the fear of getting hooked again.

So any Noobs out there, don't go fooling yourself that you can just dabble here and there and not get hooked. BD is like crack I tell ya! You start off innocently enough just posting your guess at a riddle. Then you venture into a thread like Peace Club or Religious Debate or War Club and you start forming some friendships. Then you wet yourself trying to make the sign-up list for Mafia or M4F14 or the like...And you never leave. I mean NEVER. You eat, sleep, breathe BrainDen...you become your avatar...you never log out. It's like freakin' Hotel California!! And in the height of your mania you lose your job or fail out of school, your real live friends give up on asking you to hang out or your spouse leaves you for someone who is not suctioned to their computer screen. And then you crash! HARD!!

Detox, Billy, Detox...while you still remember that you have a name other than ThunderChicken! It worked for me. And now that I've said all that, I need to log off for the night and tend to my real life. Sayonara! ;)

Lol I think we should make a BD Addiction support group... Although I'm not sure I've hit that part of my addiction yet... ;)

I can honestly say I've never gone into the Peace Club topic. I've posted in the Peace Club Sign Up but never even seen the inside of the Peace Club...

Lol I think we should make a BD Addiction support group... Although I'm not sure I've hit that part of my addiction yet... ;)

I can honestly say I've never gone into the Peace Club topic. I've posted in the Peace Club Sign Up but never even seen the inside of the Peace Club...

Not all people are letting this or anything else take them over, mind you. If you are strong and are moderate, and able to keep your priorities organized then it is not harmful at all!

I tried pot years ago and never liked it enough to ever crave it for example. No need for something that is only a luxury. I do believe I have learned many things from hanging out here. My math is better. :D

Use your own judgement as not everyone is the same mentally or physically. Goodnight ya'll. -_-

May I introduce myself?

My name is Rilène and I am living in Athens, Greece. I am studying fine arts at the University here and I just stumbled some days ago (via the famous google gadget) on this site. As the quite timid person that I am I lurked for about a week in the shadows before making a profile (and I got hooked to the m4f14 game while lurking around!). I also was fascinated with the whole ThunderChicken - Mekal controversy... and I would like to add, that this whole nonsense posting (which may rightly be considered as contra-productive) gave the forum a nice, funny and human touch, which contributed to my making a profile.

Anyway (and before I get into too deep water here :blush: ) I chose my nickname Rilili, because my 2-year old niece calls me that. I did not think of the English pronunciation when writing it, so for an English-speaking person it should be something like Reeleelee (and she always uses a questioning intonation while calling me, so it should be reeleelee?)

Well...

I am looking forward to improve my math and logical thinking with trying my (inexperienced) hand at these lovely puzzles here!

(I am only good at optical illusions and anything that uses images)

Nice meeting you all!!! :lol:

Edit: Oops... I forgot to add that I am a girl ;)

Edited by rilili

Not all people are letting this or anything else take them over, mind you. If you are strong and are moderate, and able to keep your priorities organized then it is not harmful at all!

Looks who's talking, mister 2600+ posts!!! :lol: I still love you even though you are in a deep state of denial, my Fun-loving Forum Fanatic :wub:

Name's Jonathan. I'm in the Air Force and out at Langley AFB, VA. I came across the site via Google Gadgets and I feel a little like ThunderChicken. I started out coming in here and there every time I saw a riddle that interested me on the gadget. Now I'm here just about every day (Although I don't really post every day). I haven't really tried out Mafia or any of the things like that...But I may look into it. Not sure. But I love it here and hope to get to know more of you better! :D

Hi! I'm Jugnoo, a female NorCal college student. I play an instrument (alto sax :P), love to read, I like shiny objects, randomness and I like to play video games. I've been a Mortal Konbat addict since my mom bought my sister and I an old school brick game boy. I like to meet new people and I think this thread is an awesome idea :)

Hi, my inititials are EJL and I live in New Mexico. I'm also very creative. <_<

I live with my beautiful wife and two crazy dogs. I have a bachlors degree in Horticulture and I work as a Landscape Designer, I'm thinking about going back and getting my masters soon. Work was a little slow this summer, so I'm glad that I could pass some time in the office on this site.

, so I'm glad that I could pass some time in the office on this site.

Glad we could help ;)

I recently (as in yesterday) took up the flute!

today's my second day, and I can play the Godfather Theme, and the Theme to Morrowind

yay! :D

Glad we could help ;)

I recently (as in yesterday) took up the flute!

today's my second day, and I can play the Godfather Theme, and the Theme to Morrowind

yay! :D

Morrowind!!! i LOVE that game... i actually own every type of weapon and armor in that game, all of it's based in Balamora to... God i really loved that game... shame they need a new updated type of that game, not Oblivion, tis to...... fast for me.

May I introduce myself?

My name is Rilène and I am living in Athens, Greece. I am studying fine arts at the University here and I just stumbled some days ago (via the famous google gadget) on this site. As the quite timid person that I am I lurked for about a week in the shadows before making a profile (and I got hooked to the m4f14 game while lurking around!). I also was fascinated with the whole ThunderChicken - Mekal controversy... and I would like to add, that this whole nonsense posting (which may rightly be considered as contra-productive) gave the forum a nice, funny and human touch, which contributed to my making a profile.

Anyway (and before I get into too deep water here :blush: ) I chose my nickname Rilili, because my 2-year old niece calls me that. I did not think of the English pronunciation when writing it, so for an English-speaking person it should be something like Reeleelee (and she always uses a questioning intonation while calling me, so it should be reeleelee?)

Well...

I am looking forward to improve my math and logical thinking with trying my (inexperienced) hand at these lovely puzzles here!

(I am only good at optical illusions and anything that uses images)

Nice meeting you all!!! :lol:

Edit: Oops... I forgot to add that I am a girl ;)

Athens huh? I love Greece. My wife and I just went there in May for 9 days. We spent 4 days in Athens and 5 on a cruice through the islands. Being an American, I couldn't help but notice how Fashinable all the Athenians dressed. It made me feel ugly, jk. My profile picture is of me riding a donkey up the hill at Santorini. You're lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

Edited by NM_EJL

Athens huh? I love Greece. My wife and I just went there in May for 9 days. We spent 4 days in Athens and 5 on a cruice through the islands. Being an American, I couldn't help but notice how Fashinable all the Athenians dressed. It made me feel ugly, jk. My profile picture is of me riding a donkey up the hill at Santorini. You're lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

Hmmm... i agree, only that i have never been there... wish i could go, but hey i am only 18, what more do you want from me?

Hi...I'm Haldegon but most people on other chats and stuff call me Halde. I love video games and anime. As my profile says, my favorites of both are Smash Bros Brawl and Final Fantasy for games, and Death Note for anime. I found this through IGoogle today and I'm loving it already. I love brain teasers and stuff like that.

I nami (means wave) but not tsunami, i am friendly

can read five asian languages but not speak them very well, good enough for tourist. i am not speaking my own well.. lol

i study health and relaxation, i like akido and exercise. also like other martial arts northern shaolin - it is a most beautiful form.

i like also cooking and livivng clean body and vegeterian and water or natural juice, healthy life, i am free spirit person like to help everyone. i need nothing more. love simple life, i simply love

I am Overlord Laharl and I will be the most powerful overlord in all the netherworld!! Hahahaha!!!

Ok...Now on the serious side. My name's Jonathan but everyone tends to call me Jon. Obviously I love Disgaea. It's my favorite game of all time. I've played and beaten 1 and 2 and I'm working on 3. I also love most any RPG like the Final Fantasy games. This site is pretty cool. I'm probably going to be coming here a lot. I love doing brain teasers. :D

I am Overlord Laharl and I will be the most powerful overlord in all the netherworld!! Hahahaha!!!

Ok...Now on the serious side. My name's Jonathan but everyone tends to call me Jon. Obviously I love Disgaea. It's my favorite game of all time. I've played and beaten 1 and 2 and I'm working on 3. I also love most any RPG like the Final Fantasy games. This site is pretty cool. I'm probably going to be coming here a lot. I love doing brain teasers. :D

Hiya!!!! Shame... never heard of those games, i love RPG's...... Oblivion and Morrowing are my favorites, although Morrowind is my favorite by far. Final Fantasy.... ehhhh so-so. So anyway welcome to the forum and have fun ^_^

Hi my name's Rosie. I'm 19 and from Sheffield in England.

I stumbled across brainden while i was at work and now i seem to be addicted and struggling to get anything done because i just sit and read puzzles all day.

Errmmm I'm not big on the gaming side of things (i have literally no hand/eye coordination thingy going for me and just mash buttons much to the annoyance of opponents) but i love music and films and am always willing to talk about either subject.

I also love to read. It's probably my favourite thing to do other than standing outside when it rains (which, thanks to living up north, i get to do a lot)

I've been a lurker on here for about a month and today decided that enough was enough and i should probably just make a profile and get it over with.

I will apologise for the lack of coherence in any future posts i make, i tend to get a bit giddy and waffle on, usually forgetting the point of what i was posting in the first place.

Ermermermmm... my favourite kind of puzzles are the ones based on word play and lateral thinking but i'll give most things a go.

I cant really think of anything else to say but i look forward to getting to know everyone!

:D

Hiya!!!! Shame... never heard of those games, i love RPG's...... Oblivion and Morrowing are my favorites, although Morrowind is my favorite by far. Final Fantasy.... ehhhh so-so. So anyway welcome to the forum and have fun ^_^

You sould check it out! It's great!