BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

grey cells

Question

Yeah! You guessed right . This one is an interview question , which was asked to me just yesterday(No kidding!A real interview.My first one and Yippee .....I got selected).Thanks for the welcome-back-to-the-den ritual Bona and Eagle(hey!where's the musical troupe :P )

I hope this one hasn't been done before , at the den. :rolleyes:

Interviewer:(in a growling voice :mad: )What is the height of each of the walls in this room(interview hall)?You have no measuring instruments or anything else with which you can compare the height.So now what is the height?(eyes riveted on me , glaring)

Candidate(myself :blink: ):??????????

• Answers 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

900 metres . When he asked "How I could prove it" , I replied "There's nothing to prove I am wrong" as he initially mentioned , that there were no measuring devices . :)

Did you really say 900 meters? That's ridiculous! If you don't mind me asking: of all the possible heights, why did you pick 900 meters?

Ha, that's cool. I was just curious. If I were your interviewer, I would have then said "the Sears Tower with antenna is over 500 meters tall, so are you saying the height of this room is more than the total height of the Sears Tower?"

What would you have said then? :huh:

Well the OP did say you have nothing to compare the height to. My little problem with the answer is that the OP says "you have no measuring instruments" and not "there are no measuring instruments", meaning the interviewer may have measuring instruments somewhere for checking.

Well the OP did say you have nothing to compare the height to. My little problem with the answer is that the OP says "you have no measuring instruments" and not "there are no measuring instruments", meaning the interviewer may have measuring instruments somewhere for checking.

Flaw accepted . :) I didn't remember the exact words of the interviewer , so I put the question in my own words. An error that I overlooked and maybe the interviewer too. ;)

Ha, that's cool. I was just curious. If I were your interviewer, I would have then said "the Sears Tower with antenna is over 500 meters tall, so are you saying the height of this room is more than the total height of the Sears Tower?"

What would you have said then? :huh:

As Knight rightly pointed out , no comparisons. :)