BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

grey cells

Question

Yeah! You guessed right . This one is an interview question , which was asked to me just yesterday(No kidding!A real interview.My first one and Yippee .....I got selected).Thanks for the welcome-back-to-the-den ritual Bona and Eagle(hey!where's the musical troupe :P )

I hope this one hasn't been done before , at the den. :rolleyes:

Interviewer:(in a growling voice :mad: )What is the height of each of the walls in this room(interview hall)?You have no measuring instruments or anything else with which you can compare the height.So now what is the height?(eyes riveted on me , glaring)

Candidate(myself :blink: ):??????????

• Answers 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The walls are the height of the ceiling.

The walls are one story tall.

Which is, after all, a quantitative answer.

(Edit: I see vacian beat me to the punch on the second answer.)

M. Dale

Edited by M. Dale

Each wall is one Jarod (unit) high. A Jarod unit is defined as the height of the wall in this room.

This method can be (has been!) successfully used in a university setting.

:D

Hi! New here and thought I'd give this one a whack. But I have a few simple questions real fast. :D

First, does the room matter itself and if so what type of room was it? Was it actually an auditorium?

Second, what kind of job were you applying for? Did the riddle have anything to do with the job in question?

If i'm asking too much just disregard, but i'm at a loss. :)

Edited by curve23

Hi! New here and thought I'd give this one a whack. But I have a few simple questions real fast. :D

First, does the room matter itself and if so what type of room was it? Was it actually an auditorium?

Second, what kind of job were you applying for? Did the riddle have anything to do with the job in question?

If i'm asking too much just disregard, but i'm at a loss. :)

Welcome to the Den , Curve!! :)

the type or size of room does not matter at all . This is a big clue .

The job and question are not connected.It is asked just to check your attitude and aptitude. ;)

I have already given a hint(not in the question).And keep an open mind. B))

:D using eyes and brain logic. or does it have to do with HR, whatever that is?

You could say that it is x many meters or x many feet or x many inches or x many cm or x many mm tall, or oppose that with the square footage of the room or cubic feet that the room has but any more accurate answer will require a measuring device.

Edited by akaslickster

HR is short for Human Resource.In this round of interviewing, they check your attitude and then your ability to answer the question in a smarter way , i.e. , giving a different answer from the original one , which is still correct.

Good tries , Aka , Zamyatin and Sky.

Try thinking from the interviewer's perspective , like , both you and the interviewer have access to the same materials. ;)

$7.50 an hour. That's the lowest it will cost you to find the value. In your case, it must be much higher seeing as you make a lot of money and are spending YOUR time to find this out :)

OR

"Atleast 5'6" "(which is my height - yeah...I know I'm a shorty :) )

Edited by kingofpain