BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

"A punk who was caught holding up a gas station yesterday has confessed to several unsolved crimes," Detective Somerset said to his partner. "He named Tommy Gunn as his partner in a supermarket holdup a few years back. This morning, I picked up a search warrant and visited Gunn's last known address, a place in Abilene. Gunn wasn't in, but his brother, Ray Gunn, a known counterfeiter, showed up at noon. He denied knowing where Tommy was."

"It's already the last day of the month so Tommy, who by the way is a vegetarian, has only to keep out of sight and keep moving for 30 days. In another month, the statute of limitations will expire. He'll be in the clear."

"The part that baffles me is the groceries I found on his bed." concluded Somerset. "I can't figure them. There were 6 coffee beans, 8 boxes of cocoa, 10 tomatoes, 4 pieces of toast, 5 boxes of hominy, 21 tea bags, and 27 cubes of sugar!"

After a moments hesitation, his partner said, "Tommy plans to keep moving about the country next month to avoid capture. But you should have no trouble apprehending him. The next place to find him is ______"

11 answers to this question

Tommy was really planning to move about the countryside , i.e. , the rural areas . He would be in a nearby village hiding.

The groceries were spread over the bed because Tommy was really cheeky . He wanted the police to know that , he had somehow got the news of the detectives finding about his involvement in the supermarket holdup and had escaped. ;)

Starbucks! This dude is low on coffee
:lol:

It can't be starbucks, there is a starbucks on every corner of the country, he could be at any one of them, you could never find him

I spent all this time analyzing the number and items, and I finally got it! I'm almost positive it's right.

I think he's going to Toast, North Carolina!

The food on the bed was a code for his brother. The number of each item symbolizes which day of the month he's going to at a particular place. Each food represents a place- Toast, NC; Hominy, OK; Coffee, GA; Cocoa, FL; Tomato, MS; Tea, SD; and Sugar, ID.:lol:

I spent all this time analyzing the number and items, and I finally got it! I'm almost positive it's right.

I think he's going to Toast, North Carolina!

The food on the bed was a code for his brother. The number of each item symbolizes which day of the month he's going to at a particular place. Each food represents a place- Toast, NC; Hominy, OK; Coffee, GA; Cocoa, FL; Tomato, MS; Tea, SD; and Sugar, ID.:lol:

That's brilliant! 5 stars. And to think, if things had been different, I could have helped catch him. Why, you ask?

I used to live in Tea, SD! Who'd a thunk that little town of 2500 people would show up in a riddle years later?

<_< WHHAAAAT~~~~ those are names of towns??!! I'm Canadian, so i wouldn't know...

:P man! I was also thinking that it was a secret code and the numbers represented the days of the month, but the objects were town names? I had no idea!!

I've been messing around with the spelling for an hour!

toast, i fgured the code this AM but could not work out order the order - toast appears in the middle with lowest number???

The order in which they appear are of no consequence.

The amount of each item represents the day of the month in which he'll be in each town!

So on the 4th he'll be in Toast!

I didn't know any of these were places either but it all makes sence once you know that!

The order in which they appear are of no consequence.

The amount of each item represents the day of the month in which he'll be in each town!

So on the 4th he'll be in Toast!

I didn't know any of these were places either but it all makes sence once you know that!

Still don't see the order, unless you knew the other places were visited already - no indication of this! or you know that

Forget it just saw 'The last day of the month' and I a had gone over that a few times thinking the fourth was gone and was looking for the next in the sequence!

I hate it when I'm stupid.. Blast!