BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers
Sign in to follow this  
itachi-san

Question

With more and more people joining this forum (again, a very good thing) the number of posts will increase, though there is the possibility that the over-all quality of the posts will decrease. When I first joined I was stunned at how almost every post was well thought out and interesting. This quality, in my opinion, seems to be decreasing.

Admins and VIPs aside, I propose that everyone else (me too) has a 2-3 post limit per day. I think that this will increase everyone's posting quality and deter people from posting random or silly things they find on the net all day. This is not meant to be a personal or offensive suggestion. It is only meant to help maintain the high intellectual quality of the Topics on this forum.

Edit: this is meant for starting new Topics, not responding to Topics.

Edited by itachi-san

6 answers to this question

When I first read, I was thinking this must be a late April Fool or something because you average over 20 posts a day. Then I read that you mean only about starting new threads, and all was made clear. You have Noct-san's support on this.

Edited by Noct

But limiting reply posts might be a good idea too. Some people average 50 posts a day, and it's not all intellectual contribution. A lot of it is starting new threads... and posting a bunch of replies in them... So I don't know how one would enforce this

rules for this forum will be published shortly ... after reading them, you can let me/martini/bonanova know all your comments

A good idea in general, Itachi-san, but I've had lots of forum experience, and limiting people's posts isn't usually a good thing. Though this site is very, very specific towards riddles, so it might work here, I dont know- especially with the rapid growth on this site. Yeah, I dont know... :D good ideas though!