BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Akriti

Question

well, this is not a riddle but a question that ni had on my mind since a very long time..........

We all know that when ever we feel the presene of someone near us without touching, it is because of wave nature of matter (particle has dual nature- wave and particle). But many people have a sensation when they are dealing with ghosts. So , does this tells that ghosts are matter. But as far as i know ghosts are out of the science world?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

5 answers to this question

Ghosts are very real....they are human spirits....and human spirits are not always visualised.....it is all emotionally connected......like when you feel happy or sad or cranky, etc....you can only sense them emotionally....the physical viewing of ghosts comes after that.....if they choose......

:)

Ghosts are very real....they are human spirits....and human spirits are not always visualised.....it is all emotionally connected......like when you feel happy or sad or cranky, etc....you can only sense them emotionally....the physical viewing of ghosts comes after that.....if they choose......

I am from the other end. I think that the feeling of the presence of ghosts or any other spirits, for that matter, is not real! But who is to say that I am correct in my belief? :rolleyes:

I am from the other end. I think that the feeling of the presence of ghosts or any other spirits, for that matter, is not real! But who is to say that I am correct in my belief? :rolleyes:

i am concerned with scientefic area. Emotional feelings won't affect me in that way. People just feel the presence of anyone near them. If you say that they are just sesations then i need to know the reason for such sensations bcoz you are not emotionally connected with a ghost that was unknow to you or you don't even know whose ghost it is. My question stands"ARE GHOSTS MADE UP OF MATTER"?!?!?!?!?!?!

If yes then they should no be the type of ghosts that we consider them to be. They cannot be touched whereas matter can be touched (And ghosts are not small enough not be able to be touched ^_^:P )!!

Simple answer is no ghosts are not human. I believe you would like to ask the question: Were ghosts once human?

Fist you have to deal with the question of do ghosts exist? I think this would be a better topic of discussion.

However if we accept that they do exist, then traditional explanation of them says that mostly they once were. There is also stories of ghosts being pets or other animals.

i am concerned with scientefic area. Emotional feelings won't affect me in that way. People just feel the presence of anyone near them. If you say that they are just sesations then i need to know the reason for such sensations bcoz you are not emotionally connected with a ghost that was unknow to you or you don't even know whose ghost it is. My question stands"ARE GHOSTS MADE UP OF MATTER"?!?!?!?!?!?!

If yes then they should no be the type of ghosts that we consider them to be. They cannot be touched whereas matter can be touched (And ghosts are not small enough not be able to be touched ^_^:P )!!

I think you're confusing yourself with your own wording, as well. You can't determine that you can't "touch" a ghost.

Assume: Ghosts exist

Imagine them to be like smoke or water vapour. You can't "feel" these things, but you can certainly touch them. Smell the clothes and hands of any smoker. Place your hand a foot above a pot of boiling water (not too close). You can feel the heat and even the water as it collides with your cooler skin and becomes a liquid.

Conclusion: Just because your hand would pass through something does not mean A) That you cannot touch it, AND B) It is not matter.

I don't believe in ghosts. There's enough horror in the world (what with politics, religion, gang war, war on terror, earthquakes destroying Japan, et al) without putting too much thought into fireside stories.