BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

For my sci-fi class' final project, I have to create a planet, including inhabitants, climate, physical/chemical properties and other specifics. The problem is I cannot come up with a good concept. Things like a fantasy world (with feuding dragon species), a barbarian-esque world (where there is constant fighting, but everyone is immortal) and a hell like world (where truly evil people suffer for eternity) have all been ideas that I have had, but none of them seemed interesting enough. Some of the projects that were shown as examples included a planet of lost socks and a planet of babies. So I am asking you, the people of Brain Den, for any suggestions that you may have.

Thank You in advance!

5 answers to this question

Perhaps, the planet of the thieves, or the planet of the liars? Or for a very attention grabbing topic, planet of the cannibals?

If these are not helpful I offer my sincere apology.

create something.

say we took...a panda bear. made the black green, and the white yellow. gave it a tail. or two? make the ears more pointier like a cat's...

hmmm...

the eyes are...brown. and...it's paws are tiny and delicate.

^^ just take something you like and make it wierd.

or go to movies...wizard of oz?

land of munchkins.

or personify something.

the land of rocks.

climate? have a variety. Like Warriors has 4 clans, maybe they have 4 different climates? crossing a line, it changes?

thats all im thinking for now, just base it off of something you know

how about a water based world?

you could have different civilizations based on the depth levels that differernt inhabitants live at. Some species could only, say live in first 25 meters of water due to need for light and water presssure requirements. Next level could be 0-200M interacting with top dwellers (peacefully or not) then maybe a 100-500m level then of course a deep level one, could even have more levels if you want. makes for a very flexible system. empires could expand in both horizontal and vertical planes. you could even have land masses creating fresh and salt water civilizations. that can interact in briny waters at river outlets to the sea. Course you could have whole planet under one system as well as fractured "countries"