BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rollo

unreality

QAEDA

Know there's been some debate re foreign words but think this one and words like amigo are so common they have become part of the English lexicon. I guess that could add an unwanted level of subjectivity, tho. Your call on this one C L. Any other opinions? unreality?

I'm not against using common foreign words, but in the case of "AMIGO," we're at least using the same letterset, so the spelling is consistent. As far as "QAEDA" goes, I've seen probably a half dozen different spellings, such as QAIDA. If foreign words are going to be accepted, they ought to have a consistent spelling that is either constant, or agreed upon beforehand...

SPOOK

I will find your vowels!

vowelS? You may not have noticed, but my words tend to be scarce on vowels.

Know there's been some debate re foreign words but think this one and words like amigo are so common they have become part of the English lexicon. I guess that could add an unwanted level of subjectivity, tho. Your call on this one C L. Any other opinions? unreality?

I'm not against using common foreign words, but in the case of "AMIGO," we're at least using the same letterset, so the spelling is consistent. As far as "QAEDA" goes, I've seen probably a half dozen different spellings, such as QAIDA. If foreign words are going to be accepted, they ought to have a consistent spelling that is either constant, or agreed upon beforehand...

I tend to lean toward Scrabble rules. Using the online dictionary at scrabble.com (US version), 'amigo' is acceptable but 'qaeda' is not (neither is 'qaida' btw). While I can't speak for games hosted by others, until there is a universal rule, this I what I'll apply to games I host. 'K?

Now, back to the game:

_ _ _ _ _

EERIE-0

ADIEU-0

SPOOK-0

MUSES-0

COUNT-0

I tend to lean toward Scrabble rules. Using the online dictionary at scrabble.com (US version), 'amigo' is acceptable but 'qaeda' is not (neither is 'qaida' btw). While I can't speak for games hosted by others, until there is a universal rule, this I what I'll apply to games I host. 'K?

Very fair - well put.

CLEAR

I'd never seen that spelling of MIRKY before - I learn something every day.

To be honest, I hadn't either but looked up "murky" to double check the spelling and found this in the definition, "an alternate spelling of mirky". Figured I'd go for the extra letter.

...and just in case dawh doesn't have it -

GNARL

SCHWA

ooh...I can't believe I never thought of using this word. It is one of my favorites!

...and just in case dawh doesn't have it -

GNARL

He didn't, and neither do you. I actually *almost* chose this word; then I came up with a better one.

_ _ _ _ _

EERIE-0    WHARF-0

ADIEU-0

SPOOK-0

MUSES-0

COUNT-0

CLEAR-0 

MIRKY-0

PYGMY-0

SCHWA-0

GNARL-0

GREEN

If GREEN is 1, R is the second letter. G cannot be first (GNARL (0)) E cannot be third or fourth (OVERT (0) and OFTEN (0)) and N cannot be last (OFTEN (0) Therefore, R must be second if GREEN has 1.

GREEN

If GREEN is 1, R is the second letter. G cannot be first (GNARL (0)) E cannot be third or fourth (OVERT (0) and OFTEN (0)) and N cannot be last (OFTEN (0) Therefore, R must be second if GREEN has 1.