BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rollo

unreality

I give up....I tried to type out a reply but I saw 4 or 5 replies come into my e-mail box as i was typing so I'm sure someone else has beaten me to the logic.

Edit: I knew G or S was correct, but I probably was in a hurry and didn't explain well enough why i knew it was correct.

Edited by Maquis

I give up....I tried to type out a reply but I saw 4 or 5 replies come into my e-mail box as i was typing so I'm sure someone else has beaten me to the logic.

Edit: I knew G or S was correct, but I probably was in a hurry and didn't explain well enough why i knew it was correct.

If you want +5 I need you to explain a little :P

if it's still up for grabs then I'll attempt it.....GUISE = 2. E is 1 of the 2 and UI is incorrect (QUICK). That means G or S is the other correct letter. CUISH = 1. Again UI is wrong and H is wrong since we know E. That leaves C or S. It can't be C because that forces G to also be correct and they aren't both right, so that leaves S.

Too little, too late?

_ _ _ SE is proven.

CUISH = 1, it's not UI from QUICK, it's not H since E is proven. It can't be C because GUESS = 1 and it must be either G or S and if it isn't S it must be G and that creates a paradox because it cant' be both G and C.....so S is right.

Hope i beat Maurice.

This is right, but incomplete. What's not clear is the fact that GUISE has 2, one of which is the E. The UI is negated by QUICK, so only G or S could be the remaining letter. Actually, it probably would have made sense if GUESS above had been replaced by GUISE. Perhaps Maquis meant to put GUISE there? :unsure:

Based on the recent posts, it looks like it. :D

Edit: Oh, and...

READY

Edited by dawh

_ _ _ _ _

HINTS - 0
PRESS - 0
READY - 1[/code]

I think Maq's got it. Comparing CUISH and GUISE to QUICK eliminates the UI and the last letter is already established leaving C or S in CUISH being correct and G or S in GUISE as correct. The only way both can be true is if S is the fourth letter.

Edited by plainglazed

if it's still up for grabs then I'll attempt it.....GUISE = 2. E is 1 of the 2 and UI is incorrect (QUICK). That means G or S is the other correct letter. CUISH = 1. Again UI is wrong and H is wrong since we know E. That leaves C or S. It can't be C because that forces G to also be correct and they aren't both right, so that leaves S.

Too little, too late?

No, we're good now.

I thought you were thinking of GUISE instead of GUESS, that's why I asked for a clarification instead of denying the claim ;)

Scores:

+10 Maquis

+20 plainglazed

+7 araver

Glycereine - 788

plainglazed - 640

maurice - 534

Cherry Lane - 532

Izzy - 386

Vineetrika - 384

Maquis - 356

araver - 346

Unreality - 284

dawh - 220

t8t8t8 - 190

NickFleming- 180

Framm - 177

golfjunkie - 170

woon - 141

Fabpig - 116

JarZe - 96

Blablah99 - 89

Harvey45 - 77

MollyMae - 46

Hirkala - 36

yuiop - 21

Abhisk - 20

PVRoot - 20

Filly - 19

Prince Marth - 15

DudleyDude - 15

phaze - 15

Kac_cotu - 5

Edited by araver

No, we're good now.

I thought you we're thinking of GUISE instead of GUESS, that's why I asked for a clarification instead of denying the claim ;)

Scores:

+10 Maquis

+20 plainglazed

+7 araver

Maybe instead of the hammer you should be The Insurance Adjuster (or just Insurer)

fine then

CLAIM

Maybe instead of the hammer you should be The Insurance Adjuster (or just Insurer)

I'm not, I'm just not hammering unpurposely ... unpurposefully ... agh, I hate my spellchecker one of these must be a word

:duh: indiscriminately. Ah, my spellchecker is finally happy.

Oh, and AVERT

Ok, let's try this again. (crosses fingers)

Either E or D is correct in READY. BEADY=1 and READY=1 have eliminated B/R. READS=1 and it isn't R and also isn't S because PRESS = 0. CLAIM eliminates A.

Soooo, RINDS. If 1 then D is correct. (HINTS eliminates INS and R is disproven above.) If 0 then _E_ _ _ must be right.

Edit: Pssst, you managed to avert a word up above.

Edited by Maquis

G E C K O

HINTS - 0
PRESS - 0
READY - 1
POWER - 0
CLAIM - 0
BEADY - 1
READS - 1
AVERT - 0
RINDS - 0
GECKO - 5[/code]

+30 Maquis

+9 plainglazed

:duh: ta da. was debating between two words and coincidentally they had the same second letter. guess I chose poorly. your up Maq

Glycereine - 788

plainglazed - 649

maurice - 534

Cherry Lane - 532

Izzy - 386

Vineetrika - 384

Maquis - 386

araver - 346

Unreality - 284

dawh - 220

t8t8t8 - 190

NickFleming- 180