BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rollo

unreality

FERNS - if 1 then E is the second letter; if 0 then E is the first letter. from EERIE - 1, one of the first two Es must be correct because the RIE are excluded from ARRAY - 0, FLAIR - 0, CRANE - 0; respectively. From FERNS, the RNS are eliminated as possible from ARRAY - 0, CRANE - 0, GOALS - 0; respectively. So if FERNS - 1 then both F and E cannot be it so it must be the E and if FERNS - 0 it cannot be the second E so E must be the first from the logic just stated.

EVICT

BLANK - 0

GOALS - 0

CLEAR - 0

EERIE - 1

FRUMP - 0

ARRAY - 0

CRANE - 0

FLAIR - 0

FERNS - 0

EVICT - 5

plainglazed +30

maurice +9

Glycereine - 611

Cherry Lane - 532

plainglazed - 503

Izzy - 386

Vineetrika - 379

Unreality - 284

t8t8t8 - 190

dawh - 184

Framm - 177

golfjunkie - 170

NickFleming- 136

woon - 136

maurice - 105

Blablah99 - 89

Harvey45 - 77

Fabpig - 52

MollyMae - 46

Hirkala - 36

JarZe - 25

yuiop - 21

Abhisk - 20

PVRoot - 20

Filly - 19

Prince Marth - 15

DudleyDude - 15

phaze - 15

Kac_cotu - 5

TREAD

WHELP = 0 & WHEAT =1 implies either A is 4th or T is 5th

TREAT = 2 & WHELP = 0 implies either T is 1st or R is 2, since E is not 3rd and either A is 4th or T is 5th.

If TREAD = 3 then D is 5th due to only change from TREAT = 2 and A is 4th since T is not 5th.

If TREAD = 2 then A is 4th because TR = 1 and E = 0 and D can not be 5 because then TREAD would be 3 (T would not be 5th so A would be 4th)

If TREAD = 1 then T is 5th due to only change from TREAT = 2

Hi there. I've been lurking around the masterword thread for awhile. I've browsed this game a little bit and I think i'm ready to give it a try, although I may fumble with the rules some until I get the hang of it, and please don't ask me to attempt to score. I'll only be guessing for the near future, not creating words.

Let's see. Looking at the scored words so far, I see that TREAT has a score of 2. For that score, I know that either the 1st or 2nd letter is correct (but not both) and also that the 4th or 5th letter is correct (but not both). E is wrong because of Whelp's score. So here are 4 possible patterns for the word:

T---T

T--A-

-R-A-

-R--T

Let's try the last pattern and go for GROUT.