Open, as in tournament

Debate, as in back & forth

Hold in, as in keep ball in bounds

Keep out, as in your side of the court

match, as in winning the game

More like...

Edited by mojobrain

Tennis, a tennis game?

hello there mojobrain - see where you're coming from but not what I have in mind this time

a bathing suit?

hey dr - not it but will definitely have to try sometime to channel my anima for a truly tricky riddle. may not trip you up tho ;)

a few guesses - opinion, gambling, belt

hey t_l - none of those but will say the middle one crossed my mind as I was writing as a possible excuse as to how this one might make sense when read.

suicide?

how do LJ - hope all is well with you. will try to say this as gently as possible but your response is not my answer. nor is it ever the answer. keep the faith and please give it another shot. :lol:

A tennis player

Open, as in tournament

Debate, as in back & forth

Hold in, as in keep ball in bounds

Keep out, as in your side of the court

match, as in winning the game

More like...

hello again - better see where you're coming from but still not it. really like your interpretation of the title. usually I do try to make the title part of the riddle but this time dont think I did a very good job at that. so dont think the title will be much help in solving this time.

Hey, PG!

Pregnancy (the pro-life/pro-choice debate) and smoking. Looking back over it, my guess is smoking. With reason. =P

Hold it in or keep it out -- The inhaling process (and those who don't)

Sometimes it's hard to commit -- Taxes and smoking bans make it hard to continue smoking

So difficult to decide

Then just where to sit -- Probably a bit harder on the states to pick a side on the ban.

And when others simply won't -- Some people have given up smoking because of the recent B/S

I will still buy it -- But I won't, because I love smoking.

So best to stay on guard -- Watch out

For a match that is well fit -- Because I was made to be a smoker.

=P

I doubt it's the answer, but I like it. The same could be further applied to the consumption of marijuana. Which I don't do. Anymore.

:lol:

a fumble? as in football

sorry, no, LJ. but maybe I dropped the ball on this one. been a while.

Hey, PG!

Pregnancy (the pro-life/pro-choice debate) and smoking. Looking back over it, my guess is smoking. With reason. =P

Hold it in or keep it out -- The inhaling process (and those who don't)

Sometimes it's hard to commit -- Taxes and smoking bans make it hard to continue smoking

So difficult to decide

Then just where to sit -- Probably a bit harder on the states to pick a side on the ban.

And when others simply won't -- Some people have given up smoking because of the recent B/S

I will still buy it -- But I won't, because I love smoking.

So best to stay on guard -- Watch out

For a match that is well fit -- Because I was made to be a smoker.

=P

I doubt it's the answer, but I like it. The same could be further applied to the consumption of marijuana. Which I don't do. Anymore.

Hey back M M! like the answer *wffffwwffff* but not it *hhhhhhhhhww*

Fear this one is not so great. Have reread and the subject/answer is that which is in the first person (the I) and not the third person (the it/others)

Ah, DD to the rescue. Yes indeed, nice solve!

Thanks PG. I always enjoy your riddles :)

Here's the reasoning in case anyone was wondering

Hold it in or keep it out - Fences keep things in or out, depending on your perspective

Sometimes it's hard to commit

So difficult to decide

Then just where to sit - straddling the fence is a phrase used when you can't decide between 2 things

And when others simply won't

I will still buy it - a fence is also someone who buys stolen property

So best to stay on guard - "on guard" is a play on "en guarde", a phrase used in fencing

- a fence is also a type of guard used with various tools, like a table saw

For a match that is well fit - I couldn't think of anything for the last line but I suspect this is another tool reference