BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

MissKitten

Question

this is my first riddle. hope its good. i am not quite sure if somebody's posted this before, so here goes nothing.

a night guard goes to his boss one day and says "boss, i had a dream last night, in it the plane you are going to board for your business trip tomorrow crashed. i dont think you should go."

hearing this, the boss said "ok i trust your judgment, i wont go."

the next day, on the news, they showed that a plane crashed. it was the very plane that the boss had decided not to board beacuse the night guard had asked him not to. everybody on the plane died.

so the boss went to the night guard the next day and said "thank you for saving my life. you're fired."

why did the boss fire the night guard?

(sorry if it isnt too good!)

10 answers to this question

he was a night guard - he slept on the job!

this is my first riddle. hope its good. i am not quite sure if somebody's posted this before, so here goes nothing.

a night guard goes to his boss one day and says "boss, i had a dream last night, in it the plane you are going to board for your business trip tomorrow crashed. i dont think you should go."

hearing this, the boss said "ok i trust your judgment, i wont go."

the next day, on the news, they showed that a plane crashed. it was the very plane that the boss had decided not to board beacuse the night guard had asked him not to. everybody on the plane died.

so the boss went to the night guard the next day and said "thank you for saving my life. you're fired."

why did the boss fire the night guard?

(sorry if it isnt too good!)

hmm....i've heard this one.....but i didnt get it......help...?

The night guard told his boss that he had a dream "last night'. Even though he saved his boss' life, it was obvious that the guard had been sleeping on the job so the boss fired him. The bulk of the story was just sort of a diversion to make you miss the fact the night guard was dreaming at night.