BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

The reception to my other game idea was tepid at best and, I have come up with an idea.

It would be based on Orwell's 1984 and have one independent(a Winston like character) whose goal is to survive death and evade the thought police. There would also be goodies such as the members of the brotherhood. There would also be baddies. Baddies would be most characters including inner party official thought police, and loyal outer party members, whose goal is to kill the IND. In additon there would be two braindinians to act as the collective voice of the proletarians. The Party must keep the proles satisfied and keep their need met(at least basic ones.)

This is my basic idea. I will think about this more tomorrow at school and come up with specific roles.Comment and vote if you are interested!

Please help me if you can unreality and Marth!

Edited by pablos4pandas

If you are referring to me, I don't make the decisions. I was just getting annoyed with the amount of mafia threads happening at once so I petitioned rookie to have the sign up thread. I'm just asking you because you will probably have sign ups going on throughout Christmas into New Years and I would think with all the holiday cheer mafia won't have time to be played. If you set a date now as to when it will start it'll get everyone back on that date. Also music is correct, saxophone is a woodwind.

Saxaphone is a woodwind, and a piano is a percussion instrument. Lots of people think it's a string. Maybe that makes me a stringed percussionist? Or what is the term for a violinist / percussionist? (Violin/Piano/13 pc.)

Back on topic, I think yours is going to be right before mine, and I'm shooting for mid-January, around the eleventh to the fifteenth for a start date (ideally). If you want to do it differently, just go ahead and say something, but my guess is that you'll probably be running it starting on the fourth-ish of January. I would be happy to move up to the fourth or so if you prefer, as long as I have the participation.

Edited by Medji

1. comrade sayalzah

2. comrade crazypainter

3. comrade Gmaster

4. comrade chrispen

5. comrade Framm

7. unperson tpaxatb

9. comrade Music

Oh what the heck

(and I think the term you were looking for CP was newspeak...)

(edit: and yes, I realize that it would be impossible for me to be an unperson and posting at the same time, since an unperson never existed...but :ph34r:)

Edited by tpaxatb

it is a mafia, with minor rpg elements(MINOR!). THere will still be lynches every day, but a secret ballot system. So if you want to hide your side you can argue one way and cote another.

1. comrade sayalzah

2. comrade crazypainter

3. comrade Gmaster

4. comrade chrispen

5. comrade Framm

6. Comrade Izzy

7. unperson tpaxatb

8. compliant onetruth

9. comrade Music

I guess I'll sign up because this looks interesting, but I have a question. What does it mean to be orthodox?

1. comrade sayalzah

2. comrade crazypainter

3. comrade Gmaster

4. comrade chrispen

5. comrade Framm

6. Comrade Izzy

7. unperson tpaxatb

8. compliant onetruth

9. comrade Music

10. comrade Abhisk

1.you do not choose(to prevent metagaming)

2.the top brass(party leader and emanuel) will distribute points to other players in order to preform actions.

Volunteers would be greatly appreciated for big brother.

1. comrade sayalzah

2. comrade crazypainter

3. comrade Gmaster

4. comrade chrispen

5. comrade Framm

6. Comrade Izzy

7. unperson tpaxatb

8. compliant onetruth

9. comrade Music

10. comrade Abhisk

11. comrade Slick

I thought this was over because it says solved. I didn't even know it was Mafia, and with the Holidays, there has been zero activity around. I'm here now. The next couple days I can only be active late at night, keep in mind, and thanks for the RSVP Gmaster. I'm still waiting for mid Jan. for the other game as well.thumbsup.gif