BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

dyalDragon

Question

1. averages doubly halved (4)

2. overlapping a little bit simpler (6)

3. 1000 b.c. arrival scheduled before icy James chilled and finished with top marks (9)

4. singular prof's helpers owe follower Mr. Lange -- split up over bond startups (7)

5. a framer's guide leads a strong pair to launch (5)

6. those who strike the sickly after reversed alien divided about the eighth (3,7)

7. before merging into ocean are perceivers also within between fuzzy fruit states a timely variable ends (4,7)

8. acidity begins and ends around the experience of that guy there (5)

9. probability of blind life necessity = an early selection of flipped epsilon (8)

10. after Family's first comes Exxon's roaring child and an iron winged switch up (5,2,4)

11. the fifth plus five and one simply calculated with ease, see? having then cleared all work, done... (11)

12. broken jaw point between the ninth and inapplicable, twisted, endless isles (4,4,5)

1. averages doubly halved (4)

2. overlapping a little bit simpler (6)

3. 1000 b.c. arrival scheduled before icy James chilled and finished with top marks (9) -- METALLICA

4. singular prof's helpers owe follower Mr. Lange -- split up over bond startups (7)

6. those who strike the sickly after reversed alien divided about the eighth (3,7)

7. before merging into ocean are perceivers also within between fuzzy fruit states a timely variable ends (4,7)

8. acidity begins and ends around the experience of that guy there (5)

9. probability of blind life necessity = an early selection of flipped epsilon (8)

10. after Family's first comes Exxon's roaring child and an iron winged switch up (5,2,4)

11. the fifth plus five and one simply calculated with ease, see? having then cleared all work, done... (11) -- EVANESCENCE

12. broken jaw point between the ninth and inapplicable, twisted, endless isles (4,4,5)

got the two that have already been solved in there... 2 6 and 10 have answers but not complete reasoning yet, and there are a couple others with some letters thx to TL and DD and Gub

hopefully this will get these kick started again :D

Not sure this is correct but here is a try.

4. singular prof's helpers-TA or GA

owe-O

follower Mr. Lange

-- split up over-OV or ER

bond startups (7)

the bolded part is right... and it might be helpful to check the first couple pages of Celebration Conflagration for other solved pieces of clues

once work calms down a bit i will try to post a better scorecard to get everything up to date :D

Kings of Leon

after Family's first comes Exxon's roaring child and an iron winged switch up (5,2,4)

Family -> KIN

Exxon's -> ESSO -> SO

roaring child -> ??? I think this needs to be a G and somehow in front of the SO

iron -> FE

wing -> ell (like an addition to a house) -> L

****not sure how to get the L inside the FE

switch up -> ON

this is the main partial that we had left in CC i think... pretty sure the other partials were completed :D

Kings of Leon

after Family's first comes Exxon's roaring child and an iron winged switch up (5,2,4)

Family -> KIN

Exxon's -> ESSO -> SO

roaring child -> ??? I think this needs to be a G and somehow in front of the SO

first comes puts the G in front so GSO?

iron -> FE

Iron winged (maybe wingeed could also mean somthing like surrounded?) so Iron-FE wing-L moves to FLE?

switch up -> ON

Edited by Framm 18

Kings of Leon

Family -> KIN

Exxon's -> ESSO -> SO

first comes puts the G in front so GSO?

iron -> FE

Iron winged (maybe wingeed could also mean somthing like surrounded?) so Iron-FE wing-L moves to FLE?

switch up -> ON

figured out the winged iron part biggrin.gif ... and Family was capitalized for a reason ph34r.gifcheck my recent riddles/topics

NINE INCH NAILS

jaw point -> CHIN

the ninth -> I

and -> N

inapplicable -> NA

endless isles -> ISLE

not sure how to get the final -> N

broken, twisted -> anagram -> NINE INCH NAILS

OR

jaw point -> CHIN; broken -> INCH

between

the ninth -> NINE

and

inapplicable -> NA

endless isles -> ISL, twisted -> ILS

got it with the second idea biggrin.gif but both work i guess

Hey dD, been gone for awhile but have enjoyed in pieces from the sidelines...

singular prof's helpers owe follower Mr. Lange -- split up over bond startups

singular prof's helpres = TA(s)

owe follower = P (as in the letter after O)

Mr. Lange = Artie = RT

bond startups = OO(7 as in Bond, James Bond)

split up over puts OO in RT = ROOT

TAPROOT?

nailed this one...

averages doubly halved

averges = PAR

doubly = EE; halved = E

PARE?

different kind of average here

Cut and pasted the above from your BIG riddle.

averages doubly halved

averges = MUS as in the Greek letter often used in statistics for average; plural

doubly = EE; halved = E

MUSE?

Family as in "Royal" Family so maybe just KING?

Cut and pasted the above from your BIG riddle.

averages doubly halved

averges = MUS as in the Greek letter often used in statistics for average; plural

doubly = EE; halved = E

MUSE?

that's the average we were looking for :D

Family as in "Royal" Family so maybe just KING?

the first from my Family Reunion riddle ph34r.gif

1. averages doubly halved (4) -- MUSE - PG

2. overlapping a little bit simpler (6) -- WEEZER - Gub,PG

3. 1000 b.c. arrival scheduled before icy James chilled and finished with top marks (9) -- METALLICA

4. singular prof's helpers owe follower Mr. Lange -- split up over bond startups (7) -- TAPROOT -

6. those who strike the sickly after reversed alien divided about the eighth (3,7) -- THE KILLERS - DD

8. acidity begins and ends around the experience of that guy there (5) -- PHISH - DD

10. after Family's first comes Exxon's roaring child and an iron winged switch up (5,2,4) -- KINGS OF LEON - DD,PG

11. the fifth plus five and one simply calculated with ease, see? having then cleared all work, done... (11) -- EVANESCENCE - DD,TL

12. broken jaw point between the ninth and inapplicable, twisted, endless isles (4,4,5) -- NINE INCH NAILS - DD

Not getting very far with the last three; may not know them.

not much of anything here since framer's guide is not T; maybe Constitution signers initials...

maybe two A's framing (surrounding) something?

strong pair - QU or W

We know ocean = SEA, are = R

perceivers = ii, or two, or to from t_l was close if I recall (need to check)

within = N?

fuzzy fruit states = GA(S)? (Georgia peach)

timely variable = T?

ends = N or NN or just a director?

We know probability = P, blind is not NO C, life necessity is not O2 or OO

flipped epsilon is not 3 ("right epsilon, wrong flipped" per dD; again remembering t_l's guess from conflag celeb?)

so maybe epsilon = just E?, or maybe flipped 90o so M or W?

or maybe of flipped = FO

or selection of flipped epsilon = some consecutive letters in "epsilon" reversed?

early = a.m. = AM?

All, please add your thoughts. dD deserves closure on this one and selfishly, me too! :blink:

Edited by plainglazed

I've hit the same blocks. I'll add my guesses and maybe we can get these 3 solved.

not much of anything here since framer's guide is not T; maybe Constitution signers initials...

strong pair - QU or W - OX?

within = N?

timely variable = T? or H,M,S (from hour, minute, or second)

I was thinking maybe "life necessity" is AIR and blind AIR (no i's) could give AR??

Also, would "=" be IS or R?

flipped epsilon is not 3 ("right epsilon, wrong flipped" per dD; again remembering t_l's guess from conflag celeb?)

or maybe of flipped = FO

or selection of flipped epsilon = some consecutive letters in "epsilon" reversed?

early = a.m. = AM?

All, please add your thoughts. dD deserves closure on this one and selfishly, me too! :blink:

strong pair - QU or W

perceivers = ii, or two, or to from t_l was close if I recall (need to check)-- still close on this one, just need to make a connection

within = N? - very close, but think a little more literally on this one

fuzzy fruit states = GA(S)? (Georgia peach) - Yay! - was worried about that one :blush:

timely variable = T?

or maybe of flipped = FO

early = a.m. = AM?

not much of anything here since framer's guide is not T; maybe Constitution signers initials... think of some other framing guides... and what letter they look like :ph34r:

strong pair - QU or W - OX?

within = N?

timely variable = T? or H,M,S (from hour, minute, or second)

I was thinking maybe "life necessity" is AIR and blind AIR (no i's) could give AR??

Also, would "=" be IS or R? -- the '=' was just punctuation... :D

or maybe of flipped = FO

early = a.m. = AM?