BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I was wondering, what kind of stories do you guys/girls like to write? I like to write a sad stories, because people tend to expect a happy ending, and when you write sad stories, it is just so different. I actually started doing this in like 6th or 7th grade (can't remember) after realizing that teachers are probably used to hearing happy ending and stories. Well me being me, started writing sad stories with rage (is that bad?). However, none the less, I am curious how you write or wrote your stories (when needed to).

Edited by 24_65_34_83_361

15 answers to this question

i'm not that good with writing stories.....i'm more of a song writing kind of girl (they're not that good either...;))

however....a couple of stories i wrote are more detective and fantasy based....but i love reading detective & mystery books.....i did write a story of a family whose lives changed when the two kids decided to become detectives and investigate a missing person who was found dead two days later.....it's not good and very short.....so no one else has read it....:lol:...like i'm going to show it anyway....;):D

Edited by EDM

I like to write stuff with twists... over a few months i've planning a novel in which the ending necessitates a rethinking of the entire book

Awesome, I think it is also great to write books with thee, thou, and those kind of words

I like to write stories in which the main character spends a lot of time self-assessing him/herself and other characters in the book, uncovering crazy psychological problems and trying to discover the reasoning behind the actions of people. Throw in some crazy science-fiction stuff (I'm really not into sci-fi, but I've had a few awesome fiction ideas that just happen to be a bit on the sciencey side..) and that's pretty much what my novel for this year's NaNoWriMo. ..I don't really know how I'm going to pull it off yet, all I know is how it will end and why. The main character is essentially this really confused young adult, convinced the way events unfold are just too good for him to be coincidental, and after ruling out a god/creator being the reasoning behind this, develops some theories as to why. These theories eventually lead to his self-destruction, turning himself into some extremely paranoid dude, thinking he's just some experiment in some game. Also something about other people being robots, so he thinks. And then killing himself to prove he's not a robot (and other reasons that would spoil the story. :P)

So.. yeah. If I don't finish it during NaNoWriMo, I'll probably still work on it through December.

Edited by Izzy

I like to write stories in which the main character spends a lot of time self-assessing him/herself and other characters in the book, uncovering crazy psychological problems and trying to discover the reasoning behind the actions of people. Throw in some crazy science-fiction stuff (I'm really not into sci-fi, but I've had a few awesome fiction ideas that just happen to be a bit on the sciencey side..) and that's pretty much what my novel for this year's NaNoWriMo. ..I don't really know how I'm going to pull it off yet, all I know is how it will end and why. The main character is essentially this really confused young adult, convinced the way events unfold are just too good for him to be coincidental, and after ruling out a god/creator being the reasoning behind this, develops some theories as to why. These theories eventually lead to his self-destruction, turning himself into some extremely paranoid dude, thinking he's just some experiment in some game. Also something about other people being robots, so he thinks. And then killing himself to prove he's not a robot (and other reasons that would spoil the story. :P)

So.. yeah. If I don't finish it during NaNoWriMo, I'll probably still work on it through December.

nice, i was going to write this story with my friend, but we never really got to it, and soon it just kind of bombed. That sounds like it will be a nice story. We should have a thread where users can post stories/poems/or lyrics to a song.

I like to write a little. It has to be the right time, and I need a vivid memory of what really happened. I never had a writing course though, I am still learning and practicing while co-hosting a Mafia game. I'll only improve as I go. I like true stories and fictional as well. :) Don't like sad stuff.blush.gif

I like to write a little. It has to be the right time, and I need a vivid memory of what really happened. I never had a writing course though, I am still learning and practicing while co-hosting a Mafia game. I'll only improve as I go. I like true stories and fictional as well. :) Don't like sad stuff.blush.gif

So you wouldn't like this ending that I put in a story:

I saw my friend and his brother laughing at me. It felt like the Devil over took my soul.

I walked up to them "You will never live another day!"

I then snapped their necks with a strength i never had, I then killed myself.

I don't know if that was what I wrote, but it is pretty close. Although that may lot seem logical, because you don't know the beginning, but it was basically...I grew many arms was scared, having dreams with the Devil and God. I was also thinking God was playing a cruel joke on me, so...ya.

Edited by 24_65_34_83_361

So you wouldn't like this ending that I put in a story:

I saw my friend and his brother laughing at me. It felt like the Devil over took my soul.

I walked up to them "You will never live another day!"

I then snapped their necks with a strength i never had, I then killed myself.

I don't know if that was what I wrote, but it is pretty close. Although that may lot seem logical, because you don't know the beginning, but it was basically...I grew many arms was scared, having dreams with the Devil and God. I was also thinking God was playing a cruel joke on me, so...ya.

It's not a happy ending so, I can't say that I like it. Also, devil and soul are 2 words that I do not believe in but, that's another topic.wink.gif I won't go into detail about what I typed, B/C I just don't know.

It's not a happy ending so, I can't say that I like it. Also, devil and soul are 2 words that I do not believe in but, that's another topic.wink.gif I won't go into detail about what I typed, B/C I just don't know.

funny thing is i don't believe in devil either...(but i do believe in soul, sorry to bring religion into this topic) although i feel like a book having pages is a spoiler almost, like you know the main character can't die when you are on page 7, I mean i shouldn't be thinking like that with stories, but i just hate it! Giving away the story :(

Izzy that isn't as bad as reading the last paragraph of the book, I mean i can also have a tendency to read ahead, but that is only if i can't find my page so i read a phrase, and it kind of annoys me knowing that this person will say that or knowing a character dies...

That's why authors now tactically (some authors) make the last few pages/chapter of the book entirely unrelated to the "good stuff".

Well in my opinion the good stuff should be like the second to last chapter and the last chapter should be like falling action (whatever that may be) like in a great book (hint hint read it) "The Looking Glass Wars" the last chapter talked about how the main character relieved a problem in another world and how it is now in that world