Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Phobias

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 NickFleming

NickFleming

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:15 AM

Arachibutyrophobia, the fear of having peanut butter stick to the roof of one's mouth.

#62 LJayden

LJayden

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

I am absolutely TERRIFIED of depths. not heights – depths. I hate staring into deep holes. I am also terrified of going anywhere near the edge of something like a cliff if there's nothing to keep me safe. I can't go within 6 feet of the edge. But if there's a fence or something to stop me falling off, I'm hanging over it.

Weird.

Bathophobia - Fear of depth

As for me...PANOPHOBIA!!! AHHH!!!

jk
Anablephobia - Fear of looking up (at least for today...slept wrong...)
Ancraophobia - Fear of wind (I knew someone who would almost panic if wind blew in her face)
Felinophobia - Fear of cats (deathly allergies)
Gerascophobia - Fear of growing old (it's happening too fast already!)
Scoptophobia - Fear of being stared at (:unsure:)

#63 quantum_hole

quantum_hole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

Censosillicaphobia... fear of an empty glass

#64 Thalia

Thalia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

In an episode of Wizards of Waverly Place, one of the characters gets scared and faints, immediately wakes up screaming, and repeats it, then is asked why she did that. She explains that she faints when she's scared, but is also scared of fainting, so she wakes up. :lol: (X8)

:wacko: Wow. I'm scared of passing out but that doesn't give me the same reaction. :) A couple of months ago, in one of my PE classes, I started to get really dizzy (because I forgot to breathe). I thought it was just a drop in blood pressure and that it would pass. Then, my vision blurred. The next thing I knew, I was on my back on the floor with people standing in a circle around me and someone repeatedly telling me their name and that they had medical training. Ever since that incident, I have freaked out whenever I have gotten dizzy.
Is there an actual name for that fear?
Athazagoraphobia- The fear of being forgotten/ignored or just forgetting something. I wonder if there is one specifically for the fear of forgetting to breathe. :blink:

Come check out Mafia in the Games Forum
Trainer's Manual Mafia XII: Bugs Mafia is in signups
Other games:
The Green Glass Doors
Telephone

#65 Wise One

Wise One

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

papaphobia: fear of the Pope.
heterophobia: fear of the opposite sex.
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666.

#66 brandonyy4u

brandonyy4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:27 PM

Ahpostaphobia: afraid to post comments. :unsure:

#67 Quag

Quag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip