BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Question

Mafia III

Sign up now ;D 12 is the absolute minimum, though 15 is the real minimum. 18 would be awesome, and 21 is ideal for what I have in mind (more than 21 is even better tongue.gif)

Check out Mafia II for more information on what Mafia is, and the concepts and stuff:

Post #29 - Rules
Post #17 - Strategy Tips
Post #51 - Intro
Post #65 - A Wild Evening
Post #77 - The Blue Octane
Post #159 - To The Sharks!!!
Post #174 - Open Warfare
Post #338 - The Web of Lies
Post #360 - Last Girl Standing
Post #429 - A Firelit Lynching (& Epilogue)

I won't post the official rules and roles for Mafia III until I know how many people are playing, so sign up quick biggrin.gif

* Dnae is invincible for the first night and first day
* Puzzlegirl is invincible for the first night

(If you don't know, those two are invincible because they died first & second in Mafia II)

the roster:

Host: Unreality
1) dnae
2) puzzlegirl
3)

• Answers 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

and what about a Lie Detector?

once per day, they quote someone's post in a PM to me and I tell them "true" or "false", or they can Bold a specific part of the post and I just tell them "true" or "false" about that

Sounds like a weakened version of the spy. I could see if it was used as an additional ability to someone else (like the defender since the defender has no real power).

Edited by Brandonb

yeah and what about the Innocents?

I've decided: NO QUARKY AGENTS. Not in this one, anyway. Unless of course we get 18+ people, then it's a different story

so I'm thinking the 8 Mafia II roles (the Doctor can save himself, only once) with some more possibilities to choose from for additional roles:

* Accomplice

* Healer (like another Doctor, but maybe different)

* Squeaker

* Mayor

* Sphinx

* Bodyguard

* Mercenary

Sounds like a weakened version of the spy. I could see if it was used as an additional ability to someone else (like the defender since the defender has no real power).

yeah I didn't include Lie Detector in my list of options so far

none of these roles will be used, though, if we don't get more than 12 people... so everyone should advertise Mafia III everywhere :P

I could not do much. No revealing anything or PMing. Seemed limited for spying. What was your intention?

no PMing for sure (that would be stupid, there almost isn't a need to forbid it)

my intention- or of a clever player- would be to spy on someone that's disputed, and learn the truth, and thus helped sway the lynch vote. You spied on Nayana, learned that she was the Defender, and then didn't act on that knowledge. Understandable, since there's not much to need to do with knowing the Defender, but during some of the KOP vs Frost discussions, you could've revealed that you are the Spy and Nayana is the Defender, and various accusations would be dropped, and the Doctor could've protected you that night, etc

though didn't you say you were sleeping during that? so nvm :P

Sorry to keep adding roles, but what about "the summoner"? Every other day the summoner gets to bring back one dead person for one night and day to use their role and speak like normal in the forum. But the summoned person knows who summoned them, and the summoned person cannot cast a vote in the lynching during the day that they are brought back.

what if we changed the Spy's role, or had another Spy-like role, or appended it to the Defender's role, that the new Spy could not spy on a person but on an identity- ie, learn who the Inspector is, not who Blabla is. It would be limited to the Innocent-only roles.

I dunno- I think the Spy would be better than that though. nvm ;D

Brandonb: I thought of having a "Resurrector" character that can resurrect someone at the cost of their own life, but the problems with bringing someone back from the dead are too much- ie, sometimes I have PM conversations with them (like I did with you)- so I obviously couldn't do that until the Summoner was dead... and the dead people wouldn't have as much motivation, or would have knowledge that could spoil... I dunno, I just don't think it's a good idea to have dead people brought back

yeah. We have 6 so far:

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi

6) akaslickster

I've PMed previous players and whatnot. It's new players we need, people that have never played before. Everyone that has signed up should PM one person that wasn't on Mafia II and invite them to join :P

Edited by unreality

Brandonb: I thought of having a "Resurrector" character that can resurrect someone at the cost of their own life, but the problems with bringing someone back from the dead are too much- ie, sometimes I have PM conversations with them (like I did with you)- so I obviously couldn't do that until the Summoner was dead... and the dead people wouldn't have as much motivation, or would have knowledge that could spoil... I dunno, I just don't think it's a good idea to have dead people brought back

True, that could get VERY complicated.

yeah

bringing this over:

yeah. We have 6 so far:

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi

6) akaslickster

I've PMed previous players and whatnot. It's new players we need, people that have never played before. Everyone that has signed up should PM one person that wasn't on Mafia II and invite them to join :P

I still don't see the point of The Accomplice. If it's an Innocent, the only person that they could help that would be useful would be the doctor(and maybe the spy). If they helped the mafia, that would be a huge disadvantage. I just don't see the point in the role, as it can be detrimentall to the innocents.

hmmm... good point. I think it should be added only if more active roles are made, like the Bodyguard and Healer and stuff. And it should be able to work on that person for one night and one day, in case their ability is day-based

hmmm- yeah. Good points, Frost. I'll still keep it as a possible role, and see when we start when I pick the roles that will be used

I still don't see the point of The Accomplice. If it's an Innocent, the only person that they could help that would be useful would be the doctor(and maybe the spy). If they helped the mafia, that would be a huge disadvantage. I just don't see the point in the role, as it can be detrimentall to the innocents.

Exactly... If he helps an innocent, then the innocent gets saved (like the doctor). Plus if the accomplice chose the doctor then the doctor would be safe. But if the accomplice helps a killer role then the killer would kill two people (mafia/GR/ OR Vigilante). Considering the roles are more heavily weighted in favor of the innocents, then there is a more likely chance that the accomplice would act as another doctor. The accomplice only acts at night so help kill/save are about the only two options that he has.... depending on who is chosen.

Yeah, it could be a huge disadvantage, but at the same time, the accomplice can choose not to kill if they are unsure of who is a goodie.

What about this for the Healer:

* Healer- can heal one person per night with herbs and ritual magic and whatnot. The Healer can't save themself and not the same person twice in a row. However, if more than one group targets the victim, the second person comes afterwards and finds the Healer there, so kills the Healer instead (and thus the Healer never gets a chance to heal). Another difference from the Doctor is that the Healer can also choose to apply poison herbs to the person he/she heals. The person is healed that night, but the following night the person dies from the poison, unless the Doctor saves them.

maybe the Healer should be called the Herbalist instead

Edited by unreality

Alright, I was going to post this about your comment Brandonb:

I see your point, it wasn't clear at first, probablyan okay role to have. We still need more people though to even use the original ones.

Then the server failed for a minute or so. Sorry for the delay.

Alright, I was going to post this about your comment Brandonb:

I see your point, it wasn't clear at first, probablyan okay role to have. We still need more people though to even use the original ones.

Then the server failed for a minute or so. Sorry for the delay.

Yeah... is it just me or does that server failure seem to happen every Sunday?