Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:13 AM

I made up Mass Battle and I made up The DEITY System, but I did NOT make up Mafia, so if turns out to be a sucky game, it's not my fault :D lol

The Updated, Final Rules: Click Here

There are two factions: Mafiosos and Innocents

I (Unreality) am the Host- I am neither faction, but I oversee the game

In the beginning, everyone signs up to play, then I randomly pick Mafia members- there's always more Innocents than Mafiosos. I PM all the Mafiosos, telling them who ALL the Mafiosos are, then on this topic I post the total number of mafiosos, so that the Innocents know (but the Innocents do not know who among them are Mafia members)

The game takes place in cycles of night and day. At night, each Mafioso PMs me (and only me) who they want to kill, and how. I take whoever got the most votes and mix all the methods of killing for that person, and in the morning (after all Mafiosos have submitted their vote), I announce who dies, and how, and they are out of the game.

In the day, everyone still alive in the game discusses who they want to "lynch" (the Innocents want to lynch suspected Mafia members). Once a majority consensus is reached, that person is written off the game as well. Remember, the Mafia members (secretly pretending to be Innocents) also vote who to lynch.

* If the last person standing is an Innocent, the Innocents win.
* If the Mafia members ever have a majority of numbers over the Innocents, the Mafia members win (you COULD keep playing after this, but there would be no point, Mafia would win no matter what)

Special Roles:
* The Doctor- I will secretly choose one Innocent to be the Doctor, who, every night, PMs me of one person they want to "save", which cannot be themselves. If this person is voted by the Mafia, the person lives.
* The Traitor- I will secretly choose one Innocent to be the Traitor, who only wins if the Mafia wins. The Mafia do not know who this Traitor is- ie, the Traitor has inspirations to be a Mafioso, but isn't an official member.
* The Don- one of the Mafia members will be the Don. At night, instead of voting for someone to be killed, the Don can opt to recruit one Innocent to be a Mafia member. The Don can only do this once. The Innocent is informed, but the other Innocents aren't. All of the Mafiosos know who the Don is
* The Martyr- another secret Innocent role. They can opt to, ONLY ONCE, and at any time, PM me with a suspected Mafioso. I reveal (to everyone) the role of this exposed person, but the Martyr DIES (thus everyone learns who the Martyr was, too)

RULES
No outside contact! YOU CANNOT PM PEOPLE ABOUT THE GAME! This is the most important and ONLY rule in the entire game, and if anyone breaks it, they are never allowed to play Mafia ever ever ever again on this forum.

SIGNING UP
Just put your name here, in a list:

1) Unreality
2) etc

we can have as many people, but we have to have at least 7 or 8 to play, hopefully 10+

Only play if you can play reguarly! You will need to be an active participant in the game, and if enough time goes on and you still haven't PMed/voted (depending on your position), your character will be murdered

Edited by Martini, 26 June 2008 - 04:40 AM.

#2 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:15 AM

I may or may not have some of the Special Roles- ie, I may not decide to have a Traitor, or a Doctor, etc

#3 kingofpain

kingofpain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

I'm in...

1) Unreality
2) Kingofpain

#4 Thuhchris

Thuhchris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:29 AM

Me Too

1) Unreality
2) Kingofpain
3) Thuhchirs

#5 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:21 AM

Sure, why not? I'm on here almost constantly anyway.

1) Unreality
2) Kingofpain
3) Thuhchris
4) Frost

Edited by Frost, 21 June 2008 - 03:22 AM.

#6 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:48 AM

itachi PMed me to say he wanted to join, not sure why he didn't post here though:

1) Unreality
2) Kingofpain
3) Thuhchris
4) Frost
5) Itachi

the more people, the better :D

#7 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:36 AM

1) Unreality
2) Kingofpain
3) Thuhchris
4) Frost
5) Itachi
6) Brandonb

#8 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:47 AM

thanks for joining :P

I'm hoping for 12 people before we start playing, btw

#9 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:15 AM

Count me in. :D
1) Unreality
2) Kingofpain
3) Thuhchris
4) Frost
5) Itachi
6) Brandonb
7) grey cells

Just one question : Will the different time zones affect the game?

#10 pieman

pieman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:28 PM

This sounds awesome! count me in!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users