Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

(Game Thread) NBM

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#41 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Roles that acted for sure:
Boogie
Sally
Sandy
Lock

Roles that should have acted:
Jack
Zero

Role that can only act during day?:
Mayor

Phil claimed inactivity (and I shouldn't use this but hard not to) plus Mod confirmation points to him being Jack, Mayor, or Zero. Other player I have that fits that description is Kika ( again assuming Flame is Indy).

That is where I am getting my thoughts and claim that Jack is dead/blocked.

Spoiler for Haikus

#42 Magic_luver101

Magic_luver101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

Day has ended, I worked later then i thought i would so post will be up in a bit.

I'm dyslexic.

Live. Laugh. Love.

#43 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

I can talk now?

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#44 Magic_luver101

Magic_luver101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

They gathered around BMAD. "Lynch Him, Lynch him!" The trap door fell laving him hanging, from his pocket a ribbon fell. 

1. Flamebirde
  2. BMAD - lynched (mayor)
  3. phil1882 - DEAD
  4. bonanova
  5. Kikacat123
  6. plasmid
  7. Framm18

Night @ ends at 8pm (PT)

I'm dyslexic.

Live. Laugh. Love.

#45 flamebirde

flamebirde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

Can anyone tell me why I'm the indy? I can tell you that I did act yesterday.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#46 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1462 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Framm's trying to paint you as indy based on the argument that, since the indy's wincon is to outlive two other roles, the strategy that would make the most sense would be to continuously self-kidnap so you can't be killed at night or lynched during the day.

In one of my posts earlier I argued that I think he's biting too hard on that idea, and it seems equally likely that a new player is the indy and just kidnapped someone randomly, or that an experienced player is the indy and trying to frame you.

If Phil wasn't the block (which he probably wasn't) then it might be nice if the block flips a coin to decide whether to block you tonight. If you get blocked and the indy's kidnap still happens, you would be cleared. But if you're not the indy, I wouldn't want the real indy to know for sure whether you're going to be blocked because if they know you will be blocked they would just not act, so you would be framed.

If Phil wasn't the redirect, then it would definitely be nice if you got redirected, no coin flip needed. If the kidnap doesn't happen on who they redirect you to, then you would be cleared. And if you're not the indy, then the real indy wouldn't know who you're going to get redirected to and couldn't intentionally act on that person to try to frame you. (Of course, the redirect could only discern anything if you don't get blocked.)

Edit: changed "to" to "too"

Edited by plasmid, 27 June 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#47 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

Meh to that result...

I am now lost and confused.

Spoiler for Haikus

#48 flamebirde

flamebirde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

let's try and run with that plan then. We can basically either clear me or force the indy to waste their action, if the block goes through. If it's the redirect, then that's fine as well.

incidentally, couldn't BMAD have saved himself if he was the mayor? I don't think there's a lynch frame though.

#49 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

It's rare to have a bunch of people on Brainden at the same time nowadays, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask if anyone would be interested in joining a game of Asylum Mafia that I'll be hosting here in a few weeks. It requires 12 players, is unorthodox, and I hope will be really fun. Any volunteers?
"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#50 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1462 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:39 AM

It's rare to have a bunch of people on Brainden at the same time nowadays, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask if anyone would be interested in joining a game of Asylum Mafia that I'll be hosting here in a few weeks. It requires 12 players, is unorthodox, and I hope will be really fun. Any volunteers?

Maybe. Howzabout posting the OP so we can check the design out? Unless it has a ton of secret rules, it's usually good practice to have people look it over and offer opinions on things like balance, and check for any mechanics that could foreseeably lead to undesirable scenarios (like stalemates or massive outing).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users