Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Minigame mashup with a twist

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

oh, that makes sense.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#52 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

EDIT: double post. @Slick: At first I thought your pls hurry was a key for a vignere.

Edited by flamebirde, 29 August 2013 - 06:14 PM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#53 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

EDIT: double post. @Slick: At first I thought your pls hurry was a key for a vignere.

I was a bit confused but glad it worked out well. :D Maybe the others were inactive. I didn't do much but I was timely and that must have mattered the most.

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#54 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Where is Panther?
"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#55 Panther

Panther

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Here :P But the game finished before I could even check my computer lol

Ah well, well done to the winners :D

Damn timezones :P

Edited by Panther, 29 August 2013 - 09:32 PM.

"It's so cute when it's sleeping, isn't it? Actually, it's still as abhorrent as ever, but at least it's not trying to kill us."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem lullmage

#56 marksmanjay

marksmanjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

Oh, sorry Panther. What timezone are you in? I'll try to start the next game when everyone is available.

#57 Panther

Panther

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

It's not a problem, it would have been fine had the game not finished unusually fast, and had I checked before I went to bed last night lol

And I am GMT/UTC (If it helps, as I post this, it is around midnight)

The game started at 11pm for me, and I think I checked it at 10 or so, then forgot to check again before going to bed - and then school and work happened the next day :/

Don't worry about it :D

"It's so cute when it's sleeping, isn't it? Actually, it's still as abhorrent as ever, but at least it's not trying to kill us."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem lullmage

#58 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

*crossing fingers and toes*

Good job on another game well done, everyone! *blows vuvuzela*

#59 marksmanjay

marksmanjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Minigame III: Fireflies (3v1)
The game is played on a 5x5 grid over 4 turns. The Fireflies (the 3) are trying to light the fire in the fireplace, controlled by Solo. Solo places the fireplace somewhere each turn, and must then announce in the thread either the row or column that the fireplace is in. The fireflies then try to guess where the fireplace is, by pm-ing me a coordinate (Note: for the purpose of this game, row is the first number, column is the second). Two fireflies are needed to light the fire (i.e. 2 fireflies must land on the fire on the same turn). But, the fireplace CANNOT be placed in the same row or column that was announced in any subsequent turns. If the fire isn't lit by the end of the 4 turns, Solo wins. If the fire is lit at any point in the game, the game ends, and the Fireflies win. The Fireflies CANNOT have any sort of strategic discussion, either through PM or on the main thread.

Sorry if this isn't clear, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Also, if you feel that it is imbalanced for whatever reason, please tell me (maybe the size of the grid or number of turns?). I know that my previous two were too easy.

This game will probably start a bit later, I still have to figure out balancing, and school starts tomorrow, so... yeah. I'll aim for Sept. 11.

Edited by marksmanjay, 03 September 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#60 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hmm, let me know if we start before xmas. :o

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users