Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Who was he?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 olderekgb

olderekgb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

There is an interesting brain game that was given to me to figure out and i can't quite get around it because every answer that i have in mind is not right.

He was the perfect gentleman even though his nephew could not see it. who was he?

People have been giving answers with names of famous characters and none of those was correct, some say;
a) the uncle who was the perfect gentleman, is deceased and burried, or had passed before the nephew was born, so his nephew could not see his uncle's sterling qualities.
b) the nephew is blind, preventing him from literally seeing the uncle being the perfect gentleman.

i need somebody to really help me out with this please because i have been working it out for weeks and still can't get the right answer.
Please help.

#2 robo

robo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Spoiler for My gusses

#3 RESHAW

RESHAW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

I recognised this riddle from somewhere - can't remember now, so I quickly googled this to check it was correctly written, In various online hits, the word Nephew is capitalised... Is there a significance?

but...
Spoiler for I believe the best answer is

#4 ak4su

ak4su

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Uncle

#5 optimus prime

optimus prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

I find Robo correct.
but if seen grammatically i don't feel that it
means the gentlemen else it would have been him

#6 optimus prime

optimus prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

and for other such answer you can also say that the gentlemen didn't had a sis.or bro. so no chances of nephew.
but it's irrelevant to this riddle :duh:

#7 olderekgb

olderekgb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

uncle is not the right answer

#8 WitchOfDoubt

WitchOfDoubt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Well, there are a lot of answers that work for this, but here's one that doesn't seem to have been thought of:

Spoiler for A little different

The reason I prefer this answer is that, in this context, the sentence closer to something a human being might actually say. Alternatively, if "see" means "understand," we can apply this sentence to any gentleman who was misunderstood by their nephew.

Edited by WitchOfDoubt, 17 January 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#9 ElTwo

ElTwo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

Spoiler for My answer is:

#10 thoughtfulfellow

thoughtfulfellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

Well, there are a lot of answers that work for this, but here's one that doesn't seem to have been thought of:

Spoiler for A little different

The reason I prefer this answer is that, in this context, the sentence closer to something a human being might actually say. Alternatively, if "see" means "understand," we can apply this sentence to any gentleman who was misunderstood by their nephew.

Ilike this answer
Spoiler for With additional research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users