Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rat Hunt Mafia

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1432 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:37 AM

Fair enough. My defense is that I immediately posted the most optimal play strategy for the mobsters that I could come up with.

Which I still propose should be adopted if maurice wasn't one of the key roles to make it work (the Boss would of course know for a fact whether or not he was).

#42 Auramyna

Auramyna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

I'm suspecting KlueMaster and AV at the moment. Idk why, just a hunch but I don't think both of them are bad. Very possible that neither are as it isn't a strong hunch at all, and based on nothing but the tone of their posts.

This is effing BS. Every thing I go to say gives too much info to the baddies and not enough to the goodies. [writes][deletes][writes][deletes] ad infinitum

I would consider trying one or more of Plasmid's plans just for the sake of doing something interesting. Sure, it could backfire, but this is a game, nothing is certain and the point is to have fun.

I would like a save tonight. Just sayin' is all...

Edit- lost an i (don't run around corners with big sticks :mad: )

Edited by Auramyna, 24 September 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#43 KlueMaster

KlueMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

The only reason I don't agree to the plan is that at most we all will get to know what boss knows (assuming he is not a cop and not dead already). It still won't tell us who is the rat, while the cops will have the game open for them. Once this information is out they can plan the end game without any hassles. Hence, I do not think I will follow this plan.

#44 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1432 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

If you're the boss and you don't want to reveal too many roles, then you can choose not to follow the part of the plan involving forcing people to act on Mr Brown. If you prefer, we can just go with the part of the plan about Mr Green killing as instructed by voting. That would still give the mobsters two kills against the undercover's one kill.

And we could even institute that without the boss actually outing himself. I still think it would be ideal to out Mr Green ahead of time so we know who to lynch if he doesn't follow orders (and have Dr White save him every night), but if that seems too risky we could just vote for both who to lynch and who Mr Green should kill.

That said, I'd still prefer to force people to act on Mr Brown so we get a shot at identifying the undercovers if they can act.

#45 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

At least Plasmid's plan makes sense, But if we don't follow his plan, then what do we do?

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#46 KlueMaster

KlueMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

if we reveal Mr green, he dies or our save is wasted
if we reveal Mr brown, we lose the chance of recognizing a baddie
so i don't want to agree with the plan as it is...

#47 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1432 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

To clarify, the super stripped-down version that does not involve outing anyone:

We all vote for both a person to lynch and a person for Mr Green to kill every day, to give the mobsters two kills a day. If Mr Green doesn't follow orders, then he was probably undercover and refusing to kill the other undercover. We lynch the person he failed to kill, and if anyone still alive knows who Mr Green is they out him as the other undercover.

#48 KlueMaster

KlueMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

The problem is, it is only as good as guessing who is the rat. We will guess that during lynch anyway, but the plan will now tie the hands of Mr Green as well.

#49 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1432 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

We would be exchanging a kill made by Mr Green independently for an extra kill guided by a vote (everyone gets one vote for who to lynch and one vote for who Mr Green kills). If Mr Green is undercover, this is certainly a good thing. If Mr Green is not undercover, he goes from killing independently (based on essentially no information beyond what's in the main thread since he can't learn roles), to killing based on a vote where some of the voters have inside information on roles (the boss can nudge him away from killing Dr White or Mr Brown), but some of the voters are undercover agents. I can understand the position against letting the undercovers have any influence on who Mr Green kills, but I think it's overall offset by the security gained by knowing that if Mr Green is undercover then he cannot snipe mobsters at whim and will have to obey orders or else essentially out his fellow undercover agent. (But I still think it would work much better if Mr Green got outed and saved by Dr White every night [with potential for wifom] so blockers and redirectors can't target him accidently, and would essentially out themselves as undercover if they did... if Mr Green acted solo there would be a risk of losing his kill from a block or redirect.)

The fact that Mr Green did not act night 1 might be considered evidence that he is not undercover, but I think it is very weak evidence because an undercover Mr Green would know that he'd raise suspicion if he killed on night 1 without any real info and therefore be heavily targeted by the boss. (It's also possible that he did try to act and he got blocked.)

Or maybe you meant something else entirely when you were talking about keeping Mr Green's hands tied... it would make it less fun to play the game for whoever has that role? Since the top three priorities in a mafia game should be
#3. Keep yourself alive
#2. Make your faction win
#1. Make the game fun for all involved
I guess that argument has merit. But even if we voted on targets for Mr Green, it's not difficult to imagine ways where there would still be room for Mafia strategery, especially later in the game.

Edited by plasmid, 24 September 2011 - 07:25 PM.

#50 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

Wow.... It's quiet today.... How are we supposed to find the undercovers if nobody talks? I mean, sure, it's a scum weekend, but that just gives more time to discuss, right?

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users