Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tombstone Mafia

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#21 Glycereine

Glycereine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

aside from the plan being solid though curr3nt, araver is right. Talking DURING night 1 is typically a good way to get killed. recommend stopping until day time.

#22 curr3nt

curr3nt

The

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2839 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

Your strategy works on paper. What you missed is:
A) Inactives.

I didn't miss that.

Shortfalls: Baddies would be need the person above Ike to be inactive or a baddie and not vote. In this case we could investigate that person.

For this not to work the person above Ike would have to be inactive/baddie. Anyone else inactive would not effect it.

B) People that will claim they didn't read this.
C) People that will claim they read this and did not trust it/you.

Something like this has actually been proposed before, I remember reading about it in a Mafia (very long time ago). It did not work then either (I think because of A,B,C above. Mostly A and C if I remember correctly. But it was closer to end-game.).

And it's a perfect example of why mounting an operation such as this will make most players suspicious of you or at least not willing to take part in this (it happened to me in an early game). Try it and see who follows it. My guess is probably you'll get the Indy and at least one of the Baddies following suit.

They would not trust me for suggesting an idea that could out a baddie?

We still have the night to get through. I just wanted to suggest this now just in case. It is dependant on goodie buy in and activity.

Can you point to the game where this failed?

#23 curr3nt

curr3nt

The

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2839 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

aside from the plan being solid though curr3nt, araver is right. Talking DURING night 1 is typically a good way to get killed. recommend stopping until day time.

I suppose. :(

edit - fixing emoticon

Edited by curr3nt, 31 January 2011 - 09:37 PM.

#24 Glycereine

Glycereine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Also curr3nt it's not necessarily plans like this that smell of baddie. it's ones where there are vote manipulators intentionally left out of the plan. yours includes them and seems sound. If I die tonight I recommend you run with it. But again I'd stop talking about it for now.

#25 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:17 PM

Reminder: Night 1 ends in less than 3 hours (7pm EST). Get those actions in if you haven't yet.

#26 Blablah99

Blablah99

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

Current, I suggested a similar strategy in my first mafia. It made people very suspicious of me. Plenty of people thought I was bad. Maybe that's why I lived, because the baddies didn't want to kill someone they could frame.
Anyway, I'm not quite sure what to do with my action. I'm trying to make the most out of it, and if not for a small technicality, I could do so much more. As it is, I probably won't be useful until later in the game.

#27 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

@Curr3nt: I'll go along with your plan, as well.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#28 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:03 AM

Night One is over. There will be a quick Prologue and then the Night Post within the half hour. I will post them in two separate posts so as to not confuse anyone. The Prologue is prior to any night actions.

#29 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:26 AM

Thought I missed it. Just came home from work.
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#30 Glycereine

Glycereine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:35 AM

edit: pointless post

Edited by Glycereine, 01 February 2011 - 01:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users