BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Look at this in a different way

The answer's hard but don't dismay

Solve perhaps riddles I tell exact

By then adding the abstract in subtract

Look at this line by line. The first two lines make a clue, and the next two lines make a clue.

If you've got the first three lines, don't think too hard about the last line. I have a feeling that line might throw some ppl off

I've no idea if this will be hard or not... hope it's fun!

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Another hint:

The answer to the riddle is not a tangible object or being... but it's not an abstract idea either.

So the sprite synonym, whichever it is (it hasn't been guessed yet), won't be the answer, it'll just be a step to the answer.

I really hope this wasn't a bad riddle...

Btw, did everyone catch when I said:

I probably should have said "last" or "end" rather than "abstract,"

?

Clarification for my last hint: it's not an object or item, but it does hit hard physically (as opposed to sorrow, which can still hit hard)

GL, I hope somebody sees what I intended

impact? and if lines 1 and 2 are hits hard, do we then need to combine for a single answer? like car crash or something?

You got it!

My intention with this failed riddle:

Sprite = imp

Abstract word within Subtract is Act

Add imp + act

Impacts hit hard

You got it!

My intention with this failed riddle:

Sprite = imp

Abstract word within Subtract is Act

Add imp + act

Impacts hit hard

I would not call this a failed riddle at all. Pretty confusing but of course for riddles, that's not always a bad thing. I think the last line makes perfect sense as it reads (now that might not be a very stong argument). Take the advice, as I did, from MrsP and let it go. All too often when the riddler starts to doubt and poopoos the riddle, that's when it gets confusing and begins to, as you said, fail. Cant quite describe why it often feels like a riddle is doomed initially, it just naturally does. Dont underestimate those messed up minds here in the Den. Good riddle DN.

I would not call this a failed riddle at all. Pretty confusing but of course for riddles, that's not always a bad thing. I think the last line makes perfect sense as it reads (now that might not be a very stong argument). Take the advice, as I did, from MrsP and let it go. All too often when the riddler starts to doubt and poopoos the riddle, that's when it gets confusing and begins to, as you said, fail. Cant quite describe why it often feels like a riddle is doomed initially, it just naturally does. Dont underestimate those messed up minds here in the Den. Good riddle DN.

I agree, it was a good riddle. Confusing, but good! Made us think, and had to have someone brilliant like Plainglazed to solve it. Don't doubt yourself, be proud of a hard riddle! Confuse us, we like it - as long as there is a reasonable answer. And there was with this one, good job.