BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm impressed by the wisdom, intelligence and thought that goes into the posts of the top posters here ...

... however ...

Achieving status based merely on post count has its serious drawbacks. There are posters who are obviously adding comments just to pad their stats.

I'm not suggesting that post count be hidden, I'm just commenting that there's no shortcut to actually reading someone's posts to decide whose advice to take.

By experienced member I meant that we know how everything works around here on BD. So if anyone has any questions he can address them to us and it did happen to me (I have received questions from newbies) and I was always happy to help.

Why am I always being misinterpreted?? :huh:

By experienced member I meant that we know how everything works around here on BD. So if anyone has any questions he can address them to us and it did happen to me (I have received questions from newbies) and I was always happy to help.

Oops, sorry! :blush:

[newbie member slinks away, embarrassed; but bagging another post :P ]

(Actually, I wouldn't have thought to ask a senior member an operational question. So far, I've PM'd the admin and mods with my questions. I guess if I didn't get answers from them, I might range elsewhere.)

I think post count is helpful because it shows someone's level of seniority. People are banned for just randomly posting and off-topicness, so I don't think artificially increasing your post count will make that much of a difference.

I'm a bit annoyed by the rankings, though. Rating someone one star because you disagree with their opinions, rather than the content of their post being crap, is fairly immature guys.. :dry:

I was one of those newbies. I'm still learning stuff from Andromeda.

Honestly, I only use post count and rankings as a very general guide. I didn't even notice I hit 1k posts until it was pointed out.(thanks Andro) Yay, I could finally attach the Grand Poo-Bah tag that I managed to stumble into on a Bonanova puzzle a while back.

I'm not sure what the star rankings are supposed to accomplish, but I've wholly ignored them from day one. A well written title or a any post from the short list of folks that I've come to admire around here is what I look for. The stars are completely meaningless, as far as I'm concerned.

Don't worry Izzy, one star or five, I'm still interested in what you have to say. ;)