Yoruichi-san

Question

IDNEysseus:

Guess 1: ?

Guess 2: ?

Guess 3: ?

Summon: Oceanus to message Diomedes

[spoiler='Letter to Diomedes

']Hey Diomedes, this is IDNE, aka Odysseus. I hope that you have realized this by now. I already know that Brandonb is Hades and I am trying to get him in our group. Ysanestor and I already have BTSC. Through good communication and obedience we can obtain BTSC in two nights.

Tonight:

Summon: Cottus the "Furious"

Target: SomeGuy (Aphrodite) You will be boosted tonight

This is for the first night. We will also be sending you messages in the main forum using a Vigenere cipher. The Cipher that Ysan and I have been using uses the key word "Ocean", however, your key word will be "Eclipse". Most of these messages will appear in the spoiler boxes labled "For Ysan only" or "For IDNE only". READ THEM ALL AND DO NOT REPLY USING THIS CIPHER.

Instead, you will reply with a different cipher. Compose your message with the 2nd letter of the 3rd word, the 3rd letter of the 6th word, the 2nd letter of the 9th word, the 3rd letter of the 12th word, etc. End the sentence you are using this cipher in with ".,."

Example: They can still summon him every other day as the rules attest to.,. (secret message: test)

Use this cipher ONLY if there is a problem with our directions. We will give you directions for the second night using the "Eclipse" Vigenere cipher.

To let me know your identity and verify that you understand each part of this message, post the word "smileY" (using those caps) in the main thread. For example, you can say something like "I wish there was an Olympic God smileY". (If you are unable to summon Cottus for whatever reason, and you will be summoning another instead, write "Smiley" for Briares and "smiLey" for Gyges.)

I hope this reaches you in good time, my friend. Remember, this must be completed ASAP. Hope to see you soon.

YsaNestor:

Nullify/Boost: ?

Summon Agamemnon:

Guess 1: Zeus will use Hermes to send a message to Aphrodite.

Guess 2: ?

Inputted (non-question mark) actions are final ;).

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Lol...uh...what happened to posting here first? XP

But seriously, in case we don't take out AphroGuyte tonight, we don't want to alienate Kat and ST...and seriously, I think we can both of their support by alternating recruitment. My plan was to recruit Hercules first, letting Demeter build up summons and strength, and then let Hercules return to being an Indie and recruit Demeter. I spelled out my logic behind this, and I think that approach is best for Kat and ST...;P

I seriously think telling them to attack each other is a bad idea...

Again, Problem: We can only recruite a total of two Independents

Again, Problem: We can only recruite a total of two Independents

No problem ;P

From the rules:

A BTSC team can only have 2 Independent Characters maximum at one time.

That's why my plan works so well. We keep both Heracles and Demeter safe as an unsided when they're weak and have them on our team when they're strong. That way, at the end, both are alive and win. This plan is good for all of us.

Hmm...if we really want SG dead (pending the randomness of Chaos of course...counting on your luck Bb ;P)

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify-Poseidon will summon Apollo he can't summon Apollo two days in a row...you mean Athena?

2) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will target Hermes

3) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will summon Briares

Summon: Oceanus-> Diomedes

Era Vote: n/a

Nestor Action: Boost Diomedes

Nestor Summon: Priam Agamemnon...(Priam was used yesterday)

Guesses:

1)Zeus will guess/nullify Diomedes will attack SG

2)Aphrodite will target Y-san (if we really want SG dead)

Hades Action: Target dawh

Hades Summon: Helen-> Poseidon

Since Prof. T is still hidden among the Indies, and so is Bb, we really don't want them randomly attacking each other or nullifying each other and possibly messing around with our plans.

Bb...what are your thoughts? You did a pretty good job last game at this apparently ;P.

Actually...how about we go:

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify-Poseidon will summon Apollo he can't summon Apollo two days in a row...you mean Athena?

2) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will target Hermes

Guesses:

Hades Action: Target Hermes

That way if Hermes wasn't summoned, Bb doesn't run any chance of death, and if he was, we take them by surprise ;P

Err...messed it up...this is what I meant...

Odysseus

Guesses:

2) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will target SomeGuy

Guesses:

Since all the rest of my Day 1 deductions have been correct, I'm going with STeracles...hopefully she'll protect us from a trigger-happy GC XP

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify- Mnemosyne will target Y-san

Nestor Summon: Agamemnon

Guesses:

2)Aphrodite will target Y-san

How about this? It is no problem of ours if they summon Athena today.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify- Mnemosyne will target Y-san IDNE

Guesses:

Mmesynome only makes a person forget their era vote, unless it's Zeus or Odysseus...although...this kind of creates a nice little paradox if she chooses you and 1...lol...XP

Otherwise it looks good :). But where is Bb? He's been active in VNAM...gah...this is making me paranoid...:shifty:

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify- Mnemosyne will target Y-san IDNE

Mmesynome only makes a person forget their era vote, unless it's Zeus or Odysseus...although...this kind of creates a nice little paradox if she chooses you and 1...lol...XP

Otherwise it looks good :). But where is Bb? He's been active in VNAM...gah...this is making me paranoid...:shifty:

lol, yea.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Hey, sorry. I haven't had much time lately and all of my gaming efforts have been going into VNA since this game was put on a 48hr delay. Now, finally getting around to posting what I have spent the passed couple days assembling...

Bb...what are your thoughts? You did a pretty good job last game at this apparently ;P.

OK, I finally have a decent amount of time to respond in a good manner...

My thoughts are that all game long I have been thinking that taking out the opponent's method of recruitment (Hermes/Oceanus) through a direct attack should have always been the #1 priority. Because of this, I feel confident that we are wasting time if we attack Hermes directly.

The reason I did relatively well that last game is because I stopped trying to take out the enemy's life lines. It's too predictable. The enemy has a big freaking shield that he is holding in his dominant right hand... protecting his entire torso. So we could constantly keep whacking at his right hand hoping to get a good shot in, OR instead, we cut off his left and let him bleed out for a while.

If we are going to take shots (with the very few that we have), we need them to be unexpected. Namely, we concentrate on directly taking out summonings. To start with, I would suggest taking out Impy's lesser summons, this will make it much more costly for them to recruit players when he runs very low on summons to sacrifice. Instead they will begin sacrificing eachother's... making them weaker as a whole.

However, we have already sent out our message to Diomedes, and have chosen to boost his attack on SG (if he was going after her, he should have been targeting Eros directly). So we cannot begin this plan tonight unless instead we boosted one of my attack summons (less likely to be blocked or nulled) and then I attack using my reg attack. But then again, this being the Nyx night and all... it may not be a great time to do much of anything.

I think it's safe to assume that whether they believe that Ysan is Hades, or that I am Hades, they will be targeting one of us with Aphrodite's nullification.

More too add later...

now... lemme check the most recent actions you two have been working on... bbl

Hey, sorry. I haven't had much time lately and all of my gaming efforts have been going into VNA since this game was put on a 48hr delay. Now, finally getting around to posting what I have spent the passed couple days assembling...

OK, I finally have a decent amount of time to respond in a good manner...

My thoughts are that all game long I have been thinking that taking out the opponent's method of recruitment (Hermes/Oceanus) through a direct attack should have always been the #1 priority. Because of this, I feel confident that we are wasting time if we attack Hermes directly.

The reason I did relatively well that last game is because I stopped trying to take out the enemy's life lines. It's too predictable. The enemy has a big freaking shield that he is holding in his dominant right hand... protecting his entire torso. So we could constantly keep whacking at his right hand hoping to get a good shot in, OR instead, we cut off his left and let him bleed out for a while.

If we are going to take shots (with the very few that we have), we need them to be unexpected. Namely, we concentrate on directly taking out summonings. To start with, I would suggest taking out Impy's lesser summons, this will make it much more costly for them to recruit players when he runs very low on summons to sacrifice. Instead they will begin sacrificing eachother's... making them weaker as a whole.

However, we have already sent out our message to Diomedes, and have chosen to boost his attack on SG (if he was going after her, he should have been targeting Eros directly). So we cannot begin this plan tonight unless instead we boosted one of my attack summons (less likely to be blocked or nulled) and then I attack using my reg attack. But then again, this being the Nyx night and all... it may not be a great time to do much of anything.

I think it's safe to assume that whether they believe that Ysan is Hades, or that I am Hades, they will be targeting one of us with Aphrodite's nullification.

More too add later...

now... lemme check the most recent actions you two have been working on... bbl

I'm confused...wouldn't attacking Hermes (the summon and method of recruitment) be unexpected? Are you saying we should focus our efforts on Hermes instead of AphroGuyte? I would usually agree with you on the unexpected thing...but the thing is...b/c of Nestor, we have more nullifies than they do...and plus we have you while they have no Independents yet, so barring some bad luck *cough* (Itachi: I officially leave the game for the minutes it take you to flip the coin or whatever ;P), or Mmesynome messing around with us, they can't stop us from finishing off Aphroguyte. The main reason I wanted to get rid of her as soon as possible was for the vote advantage...I'm really getting tired of the lobbying...XP...

Both of Aphroguyte's summons are dead btw...he lost one during the lynch first Day (I think it was Dionysus based on the lack of action Night 2. And then Hercules sent the Nemeon Lion after him...

QUESTION FOR ITACHI: Can I still change my first guess if I believe that it was ineffectual? (Can I remove my guess that Zeus will use hermes to message Aphrodite?)

I believe that this is fair because either my guess did not work and I am just changing my mind about what I want to do, or my guess is currently working, however, once I remove it, the message will go through.

No, sorry. you cannot change that guess. It was final when you said it was final.

Another Question for Itachi:

Can an independent sacrifice their own summon? ALSO, if we lose an independant, does it take two more sacrifices to regain their allegiance or only one?

I don't understand the first question here. As for the second one, it takes 1 sacrifice every 3 days to keep each independent you recruit.

Also: ITACHI- Can an independent sacrifice for themself?

I don't really understand this one either. I'm assuming the answer is no to these types of questions.

No, sorry. you cannot change that guess. It was final when you said it was final.

I don't understand the first question here. As for the second one, it takes 1 sacrifice every 3 days to keep each independent you recruit.

I don't really understand this one either. I'm assuming the answer is no to these types of questions.

What I mean is, could Bb be sacrificed to keep Hades?

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify- Zeus will use Hermes to send a message to Aphrodite

Guesses:

Since that guess was final, it is also included in the guesses that can be nullified, correct? So, if I am nullified, there is a chance that #1 will be the guess that is nullified (even though it is pointless)

Both of Aphroguyte's summons are dead btw...he lost one during the lynch first Day (I think it was Dionysus based on the lack of action Night 2. And then Hercules sent the Nemeon Lion after him...

Oh, I didn't know Aphro was out of summons! There's no way I would ever have Diomedes attack her.

It's pretty much a certainty that Zeus will be blocking Hades and Diomedes from attacking her tonight. The only real chance (without getting into wasting nullifications) would be to have one of the Hades' boosted summons attack her.

I believe that the Hermes attack will be expected. So I believe Aphro will probably be protecting him b/c they MUST keep Hermes if they are going to be recruiting Indy players.

I just wish it wasn't too late to get Diomedes to attack a different target (hermes if you really wanted to push it).

Odysseus

Guesses:

Nestor Action: Boost Achilles

Guesses:

1)Aphrodite will target Y-san

2)Poseidon will target Y-san

Hades Action: Target SomeGuy

Hades Summon: Achilles-> SomeGuy

What about this? He cannot possibly guess all of this.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Since that guess was final, it is also included in the guesses that can be nullified, correct? So, if I am nullified, there is a chance that #1 will be the guess that is nullified (even though it is pointless)

yea, it would have the possibility of being nulled just like any others. as for Bb sacrificing for himself, i get it now. i wasn't thinking of him as independent anymore.. my bad. now that he's on your team, he can make the sacrifice to keep himself on the team. it sounds silly, but it also sounds fair to me, so there it is ;)

OK, these are my suggestions:

Diomedes is attacking someguy....

Odysseus

Guesses:

Guesses:

2)Poseidon will target Y-san

Hades Action: Target Ares

Hades Summon: Achilles-> Hermes

What about this? It spreads it out a little more. Diomedes has his 50/50 against Aphrodite, and I have my 50/50 against Ares (if he dies, that give PT a freebee summoning to sacrifice without loss).

Oh, I didn't know Aphro was out of summons! There's no way I would ever have Diomedes attack her.

It's pretty much a certainty that Zeus will be blocking Hades and Diomedes from attacking her tonight. The only real chance (without getting into wasting nullifications) would be to have one of the Hades' boosted summons attack her.

I believe that the Hermes attack will be expected. So I believe Aphro will probably be protecting him b/c they MUST keep Hermes if they are going to be recruiting Indy players.

I just wish it wasn't too late to get Diomedes to attack a different target (hermes if you really wanted to push it).

Aphroguyte can't protect...Eros is gone...she can only nullify...

Diomedes is attacking someguy....

Odysseus

Guesses:

Guesses:

2)Poseidon will target Y-san (are we sure? I'm torn b/c of the chance they're target Agamemnon directly...and I might get some help from the Indies, but Agie definitely won't...I dunno...I don't know if we're underestimating our opponent... :unsure: )

Hades Action: Target Ares

Hades Summon: Achilles-> Hermes

Yeah, I think Zeus will guess/nullify the attack on Aphroguyte...grrr...I really want him dead! I am really getting tired of the lobbying... :wacko: .

Yeah...the randomness of Chaos is kind of stressing me...*rubs Bb for luck ;P*

yea, it would have the possibility of being nulled just like any others. as for Bb sacrificing for himself, i get it now. i wasn't thinking of him as independent anymore.. my bad. now that he's on your team, he can make the sacrifice to keep himself on the team. it sounds silly, but it also sounds fair to me, so there it is ;)

Follow-ups:

1) Can a person with no more Summons make an offering? (I guess they're offering their own life?)

2) If Demeter is Sacrificed, does she get the Sacrifice back? (creating an infinite Demeter loop...lol...)

Follow-ups:

1) Can a person with no more Summons make an offering? (I guess they're offering their own life?)

2) If Demeter is Sacrificed, does she get the Sacrifice back? (creating an infinite Demeter loop...lol...)

1) yes, but they die and leave the game

2) no. she only gets to use each Summoning once, with the one Nyx exception pointed out in the OP

Edit: is that last post your final set of actions?

Odysseus

Guesses:

Guesses:

2)Poseidon will target Agamemnon