BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

No actions yet. But I do have a question.

In this situation: (our current positions)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path - ST - riranor

3) Hell Swamp

4) The Valley of Sisyphus - CP

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake - Bb, Kat

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle

If ST were to move three spaces up. After she hits the wall, what happens to the final movement ?

Is it a situation where the third move continues to follow the second movement's downward trend? ex: 1-moves up, 2-moves down, 3-continues the downward movement... Ending on Hell Swamp?

Or does the last movement make an upward move again? ex: 1-moves up, 2-moves down, 3-moves back up again... Ending on the Surface?

Edit: Kat, whenever ur ready :)

Edited by rookie1ja

If ST were to move three spaces up. After she hits the wall, what happens to the final movement ?

Is it a situation where the third move continues to follow the second movement's downward trend? ex: 1-moves up, 2-moves down, 3-continues the downward movement... Ending on Hell Swamp?

Or does the last movement make an upward move again? ex: 1-moves up, 2-moves down, 3-moves back up again... Ending on the Surface?

Edit: Kat, whenever ur ready :)

Yes, she would end up at the Hell Swamp (1 up, 2 down)

Using now :3

<(^-^)>

just one second.

Edit: OK, you foresaw that Medusa will be attacking A.I.

Well that was pretty lucky, right? :3 I'm off for the day until about 5 EST (6 hours from now) so, powerplay me if you must *though I've used my ability, so that's not too big of a deal*

<(^-^)>

Well that was pretty lucky, right?

WOW yeah!

That is the best news we ever could've hoped for! :)

Quick Qestion: 1) Is Persephone a Human or a God?

Edit: NVM, just went back and found where I had asked that before. Yeah, She's a god <_<

Here's my current action suggestions based on Kat's info:

Nestor Blocks SomeGuy's movement

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Attacks SomeGuy

Athena#1 Protects CP (save the extra protection for tomorrow when their killing roles can act again)

Odysseus Blocks twin bro/theseus based on this vote

Odysseus Kills Prof T

Odysseus guesses:

1) Persephone protects Someguy (Block/ID)

2) Siren Selects Bb (Block/ID)

3) _______ (Block/ID) (Not sure what to do with this yet, maybe block Medusa from choosing Hermes)

It also seems that Persephone has a secret ability to save two people at once (I'm assuming every-other night like Athena) But that's not tonight. (b/c she used it last night)

Oh, another question 2) Can the Siren halve the likelihood that Hermes will be able to boost, or that Athena's likelihood of saving will be halved? (making it essentially a 50/50 block)

Ending positions would probably be..... (everyone moves down one space)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

3) Hell Swamp - ST, riranor

4) The Valley of Sisyphus

5) Fire Cave - CP

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits - Bb, Kat

11) Hades' Castle

What are everyone thoughts? Any feedback?

Edited by Brandonb

Hmm, maybe we should ask Hermes to send twinbro to the surface. It would effectively nullify his abilities tonight, since he would not be on the same side as any of his targets. That way, we could block Persephone with my blocking ability, and have one less thing to worry about.

To do that, we should probably send out this message:

PLEASE REPEAT LAST NIGHTS ACTIONS

cyrnfr ercrng ynfg avtugf npgvbaf

victory is Ours ;)

ivpgbel

vf

Bhef ;)

I figure that the baddies have broken our code now, and they will understand the message. However, they do not know about the capital letter signal we used to take down Impy. So I hope AI sees that at the end, and understands that this is actually a request to send twinbro to the surface (capital letter B translates to O equals 7 which stands for twinbro's place on the roster).

Basically, the point of this action is to send a command out to Hermes for the baddies to pickup, so they will not think that anything is wrong. Also, sending twinbro to the surface this round will allow Nestor to hold him next round so GC will be the only one we will have to worry about :).

How does that sound?

New altered action suggestions (I would love to hear any input that you all may have)

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Attacks SomeGuy

Athena#1 Protects CP (save the extra protection for tomorrow when their killing roles can act again)

Odysseus Blocks PT/Persephone based on this powerplayed vote by someguy

Odysseus Kills Prof T

Odysseus guesses:

1) Siren Selects Riranor (Block/ID)

3) Medusa Blocks Artificial I (Block/ID)

Can the Siren halve the likelihood that Hermes will be able to boost, or that Athena's likelihood of saving will be halved? (making it essentially a 50/50 block)

Ending positions would probably be..... (everyone moves down one space)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

5) Fire Cave - CP

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

11) Hades' Castle

What are everyone thoughts? Any feedback?

Edited by Brandonb

OK, I'm gonna be gone for a while, and I will possibly be able to get on, but if I can't.... here's a set of conditional actions based on the response (or lack of) that we get from Hermes, AND assuming that Medusa remains fixed on Artificial I as her target per Kat's vision :P.

If Hermes confirms the action as twinbro being sent to the surface then: (if he sees the secret request)

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Kills SomeGuy

Athena#1 Protects CP (save the extra protection for night 8 when their killing roles can act again)

Odysseus Kills Prof T

Odysseus guesses:

If Hermes confirms only the initial command about moving GC, or if there is no response at all then:

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Kills SomeGuy

Athena#1 Protects CP (save the extra protection for night 8 when their killing roles can act again)

Odysseus Blocks twin bro/theseus based on this vote

Odysseus Kills Prof T

Odysseus guesses:

1) Persephone protects Someguy (Block/ID)

Itachi, can the Siren halve the likelihood that Nestor (sorry, I have gotten that wrong in all the previous questions :P) will be able to boost, or that Athena's likelihood of saving will be halved? (making it essentially a 50/50 block)

Either way, our ending positions will be... (everyone moves down one space)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

5) Fire Cave - CP

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

11) Hades' Castle

Hey, this is for whoever is online when Itachi makes the night post.

Just copy and paste it immediately after the night post goes up :)

1) SomeGuy [Monster]

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] - voting for GC

8) Bb - voting for GC

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST - voting for GC

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor - voting for GC

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter - voting for GC

Powerplay:

Athena now calls the day to an end.

ST, can we all have permission to powerplay that ability if you are not online, and assuming itachi allows it?

ST, can we all have permission to powerplay that ability if you are not online, and assuming itachi allows it?

If it's ok with Itachi, all the Achaeans have permission to powerplay my ability.

from Hermes:

"Odysseus, we are going to start using a different code to communicate in the thread. This one will dynamically change so it'll be harder to decipher. The offset for the letter substitution will depend on the last digit of your post number. So if your writing in post number 491, then since 1 is the last digit, your code will be A=B, B=C, etc. For post 492, the code will be A=C, B=D, etc. For a post number that ends in 0, the letter offset will be 10. Also, don't leave long messages anymore. Those ones are much easier to decipher. If you have to leave a long message though, you can split it up into different posts, each with their own substitution code.

Finally, I think you're plan last night could have been better. You should have attacked GC on the surface so that when he was sacrificed next day he would go to Tartarus and be powerless, and only have one life left. Anyways, I don't really have a good plan for tonight, so I'm willing to hear you out again.

Waiting for your response, Hermes."

Itachi, can the Siren halve the likelihood that Nestor (sorry, I have gotten that wrong in all the previous questions :P) will be able to boost, or that Athena's likelihood of saving will be halved? (making it essentially a 50/50 block)

Yes. Her RD states: halves final actions accuracy, not just attacks or kills, so it pertains to pretty much everyone.

Does anyone know when the night ends or when the night post is going up? I've been waiting for two hours and I really should leave the computer soon :P

Same here, it's supposed to be up now as far as I know, and I am getting back on the road for an hour drive here in about 2mins <_<

Then again, I think we may be going with a true 24hr cycle. Not 23 due to daylight savings. So we may actually have an hour.

Final

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Kills SomeGuy

Odysseus Kills Prof T

Odysseus guesses:

ending positions will be... (everyone moves down one space)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

5) Fire Cave - CP

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

11) Hades' Castle

Edited by Brandonb

Same here, it's supposed to be up now as far as I know, and I am getting back on the road for an hour drive here in about 2mins <_<

Then again, I think we may be going with a true 24hr cycle. Not 23 due to daylight savings. So we may actually have an hour.

I thought the day post was made at 6PM, so I thought the night post will probably come at 7. *still pondering on whether I should go up and shower or not :rolleyes: * Meh, I got a while anyways...

edit: brb in 30 min from this post

Edited by star_tiger

ITACHI! Those are NOT our final actions, assume we have nothing...we need to replan...Brandon, we could use you right now...:unsure:

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

Foxdung! How does he do it? Impervious figured out our SECOND cypher! O.O

<(^-^)>

He did? You sure? *didn't take the time to decipher all the codes, might have missed something* And if he did, he might not know the last post number thing...he could easily be trying all the combinations from 1 onwards. After that, comparing the numbers, he might have figured out the post number thing. Even if he didn't, he could still try all the numbers until one of them makes a decent sentence. After all, he isn't stupid and the the range is only between 1-10.

edit: If you have enough proof that he figured it out, I guess someone needs to post on the thread asking Hermes to make another cypher? :( Or a pattern... (ex. 5 patterns in total, if post number is 0-1, pattern 1, post number 2-3, pattern 3 etc...) Also, I guess we should only use the code when absolutely necessary, although we're already doing that...

Edited by star_tiger

You want proof? Nick = Impervious

Nick says:

*bad plan

*:D

*Kitty Kat* says:

*what is?

*:S

Nick says:

*trying to kill persephone

*hahahaha

*Kitty Kat* says:

*er...?

Nick says:

*we've been decoding all your messages

*well i havew

*have8

*Kitty Kat* says:

*er...then I think you messed up *laughs*

Nick says:

*shift cipher shift 15

*Kitty Kat* says:

*yeah...you messed up ;)

Nick says:

*ESLEDESPAWLY

*THATSTHEPLAN

*no mistake there

*AQI's was shift 16

*AI

*YUUSVVZOBCOZRYXOSPIYEMKX

*OKKILLPERSEPHONEIFYOUCAN

*nomistake there

O.O

<(^-^)>

For someone who decoded our cypher, he sure isn't all that bright. Wonder why he let you know that he decoded it. Wouldn't it be smarter to pretend he doesn't understand it so we could keep on using the same code? :huh:

Anyhow, I guess in the night, we ask for another code that is much more complicated :rolleyes:

edit: I'm going to bed, so I won't be able to get in the roster if Itachi decides to post it in the middle of the night. I suggest having one reply page for Mt. O with the roster, and another reply page here to end the day. Take all precautions necessary ;) I really hope someone is on when he posts though... :(

Edited by star_tiger

Itachi, is Hermes completely immune to Charon's block?

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Kills SomeGuy

Odysseus Kills Prof T

Odysseus guesses:

1) Charon stops Artificial I (Block/ID) (If Charon cannot effect Hermes, then instead 'Siren Selects ST')

2) Siren Selects Riranor (Block/ID)

3) Medusa Blocks Artificial I (Block/ID) (based off of Kat's prediction)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

5) Fire Cave - CP

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

11) Hades' Castle

How does this look everyone?

Itachi, is Hermes completely immune to Charon's block?

In the event that we are not allowed to know that answer, then these will be our final final actions :)

Nestor boosts Diomedes and cures the Siren call from the previous night.

Diomedes#1 Kills SomeGuy

Odysseus Kills Prof T

Odysseus guesses:

1) Siren Selects ST (Block/ID)

2) Siren Selects Riranor (Block/ID)

3) Medusa Blocks Artificial I (Block/ID) (based off of Kat's prediction)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

5) Fire Cave - CP

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

11) Hades' Castle