firewood--oooo

forklift--xooo

ancestry--oo

accounts--oo

recovers--oo

restarts--o

fixation--xoo

knickers--xoooo

Sorry I didnt realize it was gonig to go on forever so I wanna help you guys out. Thanks for being patience. I'm sure you'll get it even though I didn't use the spreadsheet on this last grouping.

I was wondering who had asked the marvelous query "knickers", as the double k was most informative. Now that I look back, I think this was GM's hint to us. Thank you, GMaster!

Since klondike fits the entire response set, I'll assume it's right (GMaster appears to be busy recently, might not get back to us soon), and I'll offer a 6-letter word.

I was wondering who had asked the marvelous query "knickers", as the double k was most informative. Now that I look back, I think this was GM's hint to us. Thank you, GMaster!

Since klondike fits the entire response set, I'll assume it's right (GMaster appears to be busy recently, might not get back to us soon), and I'll offer a 6-letter word.

He gave us knickers as a clue. Only you might be able to come up with a guess that good.

tepees

tiring

parity

tepees--__	  

tiring--__	  

parity--xx

Palmer, you are too kind. I was wise enough to ask for one K with forklift, and you asked for a double W with snowplow. I don't know how long it would have taken me to wonder "what if there was another K?"

Speaking of good guesses, you've hit the jackpot with some zeroes, good job!

tepees--__	  

tiring--__	  

parity--xx

Palmer, you are too kind. I was wise enough to ask for one K with forklift, and you asked for a double W with snowplow. I don't know how long it would have taken me to wonder "what if there was another K?"

Speaking of good guesses, you've hit the jackpot with some zeroes, good job!

That's why I always start off with words with few letters. either all or none.

baldly

baulky

hackly

I guess the word is klondike, CaptainEd.

I was not aware that we could use proper nouns.

Me neither, Chickadee. Matter of fact, you could talk to GMaster the way a chickadee was talking to me last night as I mowed the lawn under his/her birdhouse. I have to walk over to the other side of the yard until feeding is done, or else I get an incessant earful.

Sure enough, mayflies don't live long. (still, how did you get the double Y so quickly?)

Your turn!

I had xAxxLY and the invalid letters from the blanks so I just went one by one through the options.

Good word, I got lucky.

I'll go with another 6 letters.

Holy cow! never heard of gyrose before! I thought I'd wave my hand and the word would go away...

Argh. Just saw this cause of work.

:) Looks right to me. That's a word I encounter often.

Holy cow! never heard of gyrose before! I thought I'd wave my hand and the word would go away...

Holy Lord!!! How on earth did you figure that out with those clues!?!?!?!

Holy Lord!!! How on earth did you figure that out with those clues!?!?!?!

It was either EGYSRH or EGYSRO. It took quite a while to invent GYROSE, then I had to look it up.

At any rate, I've got a 7-letter. It's a bit more widely known than gyrose; I expect it to cheer up our Chickadee!