My first's in drum but not in table,

My second's in willing but not in able,

My third's in gust but not in blow,

My fourth's in rain but not in snow,

My fifth's in window but not in door,

My sixth's in many but not in more,

My last's in leave but not in stay,

My whole you do every single day.

I dont really get the objective here do we have to figure out a word for each line or a word for it all put together?

I dont really get the objective here do we have to figure out a word for each line or a word for it all put together?

I thought we were making a word, but I can't seem to get anything coherant from the letters

D R U M

W I N G

G U S T

R A I

W I N

A N Y

L E V

It could also be two or more words that add to seven letters, or it could use more than 1 letter for it's "parts".

I thought we were making a word, but I can't seem to get anything coherant from the letters

D R U M

W I N G

G U S T

R A I

W I N

A N Y

L E V

It could also be two or more words that add to seven letters, or it could use more than 1 letter for it's "parts".

I would have to disagree with the possibility of there being more than one letter from any word.

The reason being that the clues state "My first..."

If there were more than one, then the second would not be in "My second..." and so on.

D R U M

W I N G

G U S T

R A I

W I N

A N Y

L E V

I'm where you are Prof T.

its somewhat close to the word ritual which you do every day, but that's obviously not it if his puzzle is correct

At first I thought it was describing hurricane categories, but there are only five.

Could it be what this person does during the week? Or maybe it's the days of the week themselves.

Other than that, I'm guessing the lines read, "My first IS..." not meaning possession?

Ungainly? It doesn't make much sense, but it's the only actual word you can make if you use 1 letter from each row of possible letters. I added a y, because there's a y in day at the last line. Yes, I tried all the combinations.

On another note, maybe the seventh line isn't saying the seventh letter, but merely the last.

Ungainly? It doesn't make much sense, but it's the only actual word you can make if you use 1 letter from each row of possible letters. I added a y, because there's a y in day at the last line. Yes, I tried all the combinations.

On another note, maybe the seventh line isn't saying the seventh letter, but merely the last.

Good point about "last" vs. seventh.

However, what about the "something you do every day" part?

Is Ungainly the hot new verb?

I don't know. I thought it might have just been there to throw us off and let us use the Y in day. Maybe we act ungainly every day?

I'm still thinking there may be something to your "last vs. 7th" theory. However, knowing what we have so far, I can't think of any word that uses 1 letter from each of those words.

I've been tinkering with 2 letters from each word as well.

Perhaps an alternate list as Prof. T suggested earlier?

I hope not...

My first's in drum but not in table, - Could be Beat, Head, Stick, Tap...

My second's in willing but not in able, - Could be Amicable, Agreeable, Consenting...

My third's in gust but not in blow, - Could be Windy, Breeze, Air...

My fourth's in rain but not in snow, - Could be Precipitation, Weather, Drops...

My fifth's in window but not in door, - Could be Portal, Timeframe, Pane...

My sixth's in many but not in more, - Could be Company, Squadron, Multiple...

My last's in leave but not in stay, Egress, - Could be Exit, Vacation, Permission...

My whole you do every single day.

I think there would be way too many words to choose from if the first word was supposed to lead us to a second word.

I think I'm going to get a vocabulary lesson out of this one!

If we're looking for alternate words we should try to find some that are close to the words in the "not" list

beats and bellow, both are only off by one letter.

This may not be the correct way to go, but finding some words that are close shouldn't be too hard. Making them fit with the originals may be.

shower. Still leaves 3 letters

Edited by Prof. Templeton

If we're looking for alternate words we should try to find some that are close to the words in the "not" list

beats and bellow, both are only off by one letter.

This may not be the correct way to go, but finding some words that are close shouldn't be too hard. Making them fit with the originals may be.

shower. Still leaves 3 letters

Could the willing

aggreeable not in able, 'g'?

with a word for each line this is what i get,

1 beat

2 old

3 burst

4 water

5 pane

6 go

7 breath/dream/live

but it makes no sense to the puzzle.