BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

This riddle will be given in many parts and has to involve a few rules based on our BrainDenizens' instinctual sense of justice and honesty :) The rules may seem odd, but they are necessary if this is going to work.

1) Do not under any circumstance right down or copy onto another file any of the parts of this riddle.

2) Do not reply to any of my posts in this topic. If this is done, I will ask that that part of your post be removed.

2.1) Only answer the visible part of the riddle. Answers to previous parts will be asked to be removed.

3) After at least 5 replies (questions don't count) are given to each part of the riddle, that given part will magically disappear :o

4) Therefore you will have to base your deductions on the answers posters have given, whether they be right or wrong

5) Even if a correct answer is not given, I will erase that particular part if there are at least 5 guesses

6) At any point, if someone guesses the entire riddle, then game over, you win!

Part 1:

Continue to Part 2

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oh wow, I didn't know that duplicate guesses counted as individual ones. We can't afford to let that happen again. ;)

" T " making THE ?

I don't think "The" can fit one of the criteria in part 1. There was a pretty distinct reference to something if I recall, that seemed to pretty well rule out "The."

Helium - He

Which fulfills all the requirements.... Helium=He, He-Man, He who enters....etc...

Nice one! I just don't know how to incorporate it into the first line of part 2.

the sea/see. could be taken as C, which would fit the sort of pattern that seems to be developing for the clues.

1. ask someone "see?" if you're explaining something

2. the ocean is hard to move? I don't really know. maybe ice or something.

3. the sea smells salty, and can also certainly smell bad

4. drink water

"ent" seems to fit well, since trees can't move. they are in middle-earth, they don't like it when you mess with them, plus it would fit well at the end of a word (although I didn't see part 3)

I think you're spot on.

They can move (unlike regular trees), they care about the environment (being part of it), and the other points as you stated - such as they captured the 2 hobbits (Pipin and Merryweather?).

And looking back at some other posts (I got here late) it could go.

It's an awesome concept, I-san, but I am so lost! I did what you asked and didn't write anything down (not that I was certain which answers were correct, if any) and my brain hasn't retained any of the info. I suppose I could go back and look at the previous posts, but since I've forgotten the riddles, they're not much help to me. Can you throw us a bone and at least let us know which answers might be right so that we know if we've created a word yet?

PRETTY PLEASE!

It's an awesome concept, I-san, but I am so lost! I did what you asked and didn't write anything down (not that I was certain which answers were correct, if any) and my brain hasn't retained any of the info. I suppose I could go back and look at the previous posts, but since I've forgotten the riddles, they're not much help to me. Can you throw us a bone and at least let us know which answers might be right so that we know if we've created a word yet?

PRETTY PLEASE!

Actually, there have been plenty of correct answers so far ;) The basic point of this riddle is to not just guess the individual components, but use what others have guessed and try to filter out what doesn't fit for the whole answer. If the same answer appears more than once, then it is probably a good choice to keep, but not always. If you think someone's answer to a part is correct, then re-post that answer and it will hopefully help in the long run.

There are some good ideas, and here's another idea.

e?

"operation" could refer to a mathematical operation instead of a surgical one

e is not pronounced at the end of words

I'm not sure about the confusing part

and it can also be a cry when you're thrilled or amused.

Part 5:

I can be used in an operation

Rarely pronounced in annunciation

My appearance can be confusing

Used when thrilling and amusing

O

first letter in the word operation, also an O-ring is a common product in machine operation

tion sounds phonetically like "shun" ...no O sound

O can look like 0

Ooooooo!