BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

This riddle will be given in many parts and has to involve a few rules based on our BrainDenizens' instinctual sense of justice and honesty :) The rules may seem odd, but they are necessary if this is going to work.

1) Do not under any circumstance right down or copy onto another file any of the parts of this riddle.

2) Do not reply to any of my posts in this topic. If this is done, I will ask that that part of your post be removed.

2.1) Only answer the visible part of the riddle. Answers to previous parts will be asked to be removed.

3) After at least 5 replies (questions don't count) are given to each part of the riddle, that given part will magically disappear :o

4) Therefore you will have to base your deductions on the answers posters have given, whether they be right or wrong

5) Even if a correct answer is not given, I will erase that particular part if there are at least 5 guesses

6) At any point, if someone guesses the entire riddle, then game over, you win!

Part 1:

Continue to Part 2

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So let me get this straight... the 2nd part of the riddle does not appear until after the 1st part disappears?

Also, can one person make more than one guess? And if one person makes more than one guess do all they all count against the total 5?

As for my guess...

A Collar.

great questions.

1) The second part will only appear after the first part vanishes and so on for the future parts

2) you can only make 1 guess per part, which you did. so at least 4 other people must now guess before part 2 is revealed

and thanks unreality B))

Should we be commiting each part to memory, and if so, I take it we are not allowed to re-post any portion of it, whether paraphrased or not?

Also for people making guesses; I would like to see some explanations, please. Since only five are allowed, we should make them count.

Well, I can't stop you from memorizing :D but I suggest that you don't make a conscious effort to do so.

Yes, please don't quote any part of the riddle. I will ask from that to be removed.

Also a new rule) answers to previous parts will be asked to be removed as well. IE, if you answer part 1 after part 2 is posted I will ask for that to be removed as well. -I'll add this to the OP

At least 5 guesses are allowed. If I'm sleeping and 20 guesses get posted that's fine. However, I do recommend that each answer be thought out and explained because there will most likely be times when only 5 get in before I sign-on and post the next part.

This riddle will be given in many parts and has to involve a few rules based on our BrainDenizens' instinctual sense of justice and honesty :) The rules may seem odd, but they are necessary if this is going to work.

1) Do not under any circumstance right down or copy onto another file any of the parts of this riddle.

I think everyone just copied it down. If you wanted people to not copy it down, you should not have said anything.

I think everyone just copied it down. If you wanted people to not copy it down, you should not have said anything.

Quite the pessimist aren't you? Once you get to know BD, you'll get where I'm coming from ;) There will be many parts to this, not just 2, so everyone will have figured out that vanishing surprise in no time anyway. The only way for this to work is for people to play along and so far it doesn't look too promising, I'm sorry to say.

If you post, post a guess along with whatever else you have to add from now on -this pertains to everyone. The first part given is a riddle in itself after all...

anyhoo.. welcome to the boards crimson ghost! here, the glass is always half-full :D

Tricky...

But I like the overall idea! I hope we get more people into it. I'm not entirely sure about this last riddle, though it does provide some insight into the overall structure of the finished product.

Does it count as a guess if I just make a statement about some of the clues given in the riddle?

Okay folks, here's what I think: Obviously we are building a word and each line (2-5) is part of the whole word.

I didn't get in on the game in time to catch the first riddle (but whatever the answer is, we are now looking for 2X the letters which the first clue contained to complete the word)

- for a noble's abbreviation - I think he's talking about a noble gas (like 02 - so the answer would be "oo")

- Strong animation? At first I was thinking that "strong animation" was the name of an artist or producer, but I couldn't find anything on google to back it up

That's all I've got for now. Does anyone else have some ideas?

**For those of you who read the first riddle, do you think that "lid" could be the answer?

Edited by puzzlegirl

- for a noble's abbreviation - I think he's talking about a noble gas (like 02 - so the answer would be "oo")

Oooh, good idea, though it's probably either He, Ne, Ar, Kr, Xe, or Rn, as those are their abbreviations.

**For those of you who read the first riddle, do you think that "lid" could be the answer?

Possibly...I can't remember it very well. :P

Edited by Frost

Does it count as a guess if I just make a statement about some of the clues given in the riddle?

Okay folks, here's what I think: Obviously we are building a word and each line (2-5) is part of the whole word.

I didn't get in on the game in time to catch the first riddle (but whatever the answer is, we are now looking for 2X the letters which the first clue contained to complete the word)

- Strong animation? At first I was thinking that "strong animation" was the name of an artist or producer, but I couldn't find anything on google to back it up

Nah, I won't count on-topic discussion. This is a great post btw. Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this! I'll only count posts that have a clear guess/answer, like Frost's but there are 6 there :( I'll just say that's one guess ;)

Nah, I won't count on-topic discussion. This is a great post btw. Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this! I'll only count posts that have a clear guess/answer, like Frost's but there are 6 there :( I'll just say that's one guess ;)

Oh, well, I wasn't really guessing, just listing the noble gas abbreviations, but whatever, I guess it doesn't matter too mauch. And it does help to move this along. I'd guess more, but I'm pretty stuck right now myself.

Wouldn't have thought of noble gases... nice thinking. Going with that idea I would guess:

Helium - He

Which fulfills all the requirements.... Helium=He, He-Man, He who enters....etc...

But since he is two letters, that leaves it being a three letter word total, So could the answer to part one (which I did not see) be " T " making THE ?

Wouldn't have thought of noble gases... nice thinking.
Helium - He

Which fulfills all the requirements.... Helium=He, He-Man, He who enters....etc...

But since he is two letters, that leaves it being a three letter word total, So could the answer to part one (which I did not see) be " T " making THE ?

(added a spoiler to your answer, please edit yours if you can and use them in the future)

I'm not allowed to comment on my recollection of the first part of the riddle, but I think you answer is a good one! It does seem to fit.

Edited by Cherry Lane